Discussion: Underrated authors

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Many authors recieve alot of fame and become very well-known such as sidney sheldon, JK Rowling etc. However many authors who are equally good dont get the same fame. They are not that famous, thier books are not discussed so much etc.. Have you ever come across such a author? Why do u think this happens that while one reaches heights of fame, others dont? Is it fate, luck, or do they really lack somewhere?

Happy Discussing

Book Talk. Dev Team

There's plenty of books, that one finds appealing and equally the authors are all great.

However Harry Potter books are yes more publicised, and the Auhtor will reach the height of fame whereas others do not, as therebooks are ready by fans all ovEr the world and BY Adults alike.

Other books, are one genre and are designedfor a certain type of reader with a certain age group in mind.

Theres no real answer to why one author is more famous than another also well writer, it is more down to what appeals to the majority of people.

ah well..there may be many...I may not be able to do justice to them all/..
But one name that comes to my mind is Christopher Paolini - who is the young author of The Inheritance Trilogy.
Somehow or the other, Harry Potter series seems to Outshow almost every other Magical stories and so becoz maybe f this Pottermania, I think many ppl are overlooking such a brilliant book series like the Inheritance.
I don't think it gets the Credit due to it. For its much more realistic, The imagination has far more depth, and written in much more classical style than HP.Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
Replying to my own topic..😆

I think the main reason many good authors dont reach the hieghts of fame as others is fate.. 😳 Which determines our lives! 😳 But yes, it also depends on the type of genre u write and to how big ur market is..Some books like those in regional languages cater only to the local market and thus the authors aint famous..

One such author i have came across is Kieran Scott.. The way she makes a simple story intresting is extraordinary! 👏