Book Talk

Discussion: Underrated authors

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 6:04am | IP Logged

Many authors recieve alot of fame and become very well-known such as sidney sheldon, JK Rowling etc. However many authors who are equally good dont get the same fame. They are not that famous, thier books are not discussed so much etc.. Have you ever come across such a author? Why do u think this happens that while one reaches heights of fame, others dont? Is it fate, luck, or do they really lack somewhere?

Happy Discussing

Book Talk. Dev Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: Underrated authors" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 18 February 2008 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 18 February 2008 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
ah well..there may be many...I may not be able to do justice to them all/..
But one name that comes to my mind is Christopher Paolini - who is the young author of The Inheritance Trilogy.
Somehow or the other, Harry Potter series seems to Outshow almost every other Magical stories and so becoz maybe f this Pottermania, I think many ppl are overlooking such a brilliant book series like the Inheritance.
I don't think it gets the Credit due to it. For its much more realistic, The imagination has far more depth, and written in much more classical style than HP.

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 18 February 2008 at 6:27pm

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 19 February 2008 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Replying to my own topic..LOL

I think the main reason many good authors dont reach the hieghts of fame as others is fate.. Embarrassed Which determines our lives! Embarrassed But yes, it also depends on the type of genre u write and to how big ur market is..Some books like those in regional languages cater only to the local market and thus the authors aint famous..

One such author i have came across is Kieran Scott.. The way she makes a simple story intresting is extraordinary! Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top