***Kings Cross Station: ur views on it***

Posted: 16 years ago

U all must know that there was a chapter called 'Kings cross' at harry Potter and the deathly Hallow. Now, although the chapter is quite interesting, i seriously haven't understood anything about it! so someone care to explain me the following things?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

i) How did Harry and Dumbledore meet each other, that too physically, when one has left the earth and went somewhere from where he can't come back, while the other one was alive? How?

ii) Atfirst, Harry says that he felt that he's ''naked''. Now my question is, was he physically naked, or it was a kind of term meaning something else?

iii) And there was a creature on that place. What is it??? Dumbledore said that 'we cannot help it. It's beyond our help''. No what creature was that? Harry was also feeling sad for it? What creature was it???

iv) and lastly, was the place really Kings Kross, or was it actually somewhere else? Maybe, they were just using the name Kings Kross as an symbol?

Plz reply and help me and share ur views...πŸ˜›

Edited by stranger@mirror - 16 years ago
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

i) How did Harry and Dumbledore meet each other, that too physically, when one has left the earth and went somewhere from where he can't come back, while the other one was alive? How?

Well to begin with, one can conceptualize King's Cross in Two ways.  That the fact that Voldemort cruelly used Harry's Blood to rebuild his body in Goblet Of Fire is very important here. It thereby disabled him from personally killing Harry for, in both their bodies run the same blood with the sacred protection of Lily's Love and Voldemort cannot overcome this ancient Magic. and Therefore he couldnt Kill Harry and when he tried to, Harry was temporarily Knocked out bcoz he was expecting to die.

Here cum the two concepts I mentioned earlier:

• Harry could have been transported in a semi heaven..or say the bridge b/w Heaven and Earth where u can make the choice between Life and Death. Remember one similarity b/w Dumbledore n Harry- Both accepted Death as the inevitable- They both made peace with Death. and so if u want to perceive from a philosophical point of view, u may say that they two men who made peace with death met in this semi heaven where they made 'the choice'. Dumbledore made the choice to Die when confronted by the inevitable and so did Harry. But Harry now had the choice. He was yet to make the decision that wud effect the whole world---ie: the choice b/w 'Going On' and 'Going Back'. and in such a situation, whom has Harry always looked upto? Dumbledore- the man with the answers..the Guide for Harry thruout. He was experienced and had been thru this decision and he assisted Harry in this decision...showed him the right way.at the end, Harry walked back towards Life while Dumbledore walked back to that world-next great adventure of Death from where he had taken a temporary leave to do something for the betterment of the world precisely for whom he sacrificed himself. Harry and Dumbledore separate and walk in opposite directions at the end of 'King's Cross'- One towards the world of Life, the other towards the world of Death.

• For sumone with a universal perception of life, for ppl who want realism, This will suit better...Ie: "Its all happening in Harry's Head". The Last dialogue of Dumbledore's in The chapter point towards this concept ie: all this is happening is inside his head but that doesnt mean it isnt real. Sometimes, what u think of in ur head or what u imagine is more probable and realistic than u would think- those which u smirk off sceptically. Its said by many philosophers that, the human conscience when prodded has the answers to all the questions that mystify the world. Harry fell unconscious , he believed he had died and his mind was at peace and therefore he was able to think calmly, his mind at peace he realised he had the answers deep in his mind only he hadnt been able to realise them b4 (not many sane mortals will usually be able to do that bcoz not many are able to attain that sagely peace of mind and ignore the worldly feeling of want of life.)

ii) At first, Harry says that he felt that he's ''naked''. Now my question is, was he physically naked, or it was a kind of term meaning something else?

This term 'naked' points towards the second explanation I had given above ( which suits my imagination more personally). I had mentioned about the relief from worldly materials and feeling of want of Life. Harry had freed himself from that feeling when he made peace with death and took death upon his own head. the Inner Spirit isnt robed and is free from worldly necessities. It as that spirit in Harry that got the Answers from Dumbledore in his brain's play. Being free of everything worldly, he had to decide whether to Go back to that very world or go On to that unknown mysterious world of Death.

This is what I think.😊

iii) And there was a creature on that place. What is it??? Dumbledore said that 'we cannot help it. It's beyond our help''. No what creature was that? Harry was also feeling sad for it? What creature was it???

The Creature in that place, the Ugly Baby was the Part of Voldemort that lived in Harry. Harry had freed himself of that bit of soul of Voldemort in himself. And Now, that baby wanted to go Back to the living world but its not possible for it to do so because Harry could make that choice because he was suffused with Goodness while that bit of Voldemort's soul was full of nothing but evil. King's Cross was its Sarcophagus about to be sealed but it is crying as it cannot get out of this. Acc to what you are, King's Cross becums different for each. Harry feels sorry for it bcoz he is a god person in his heart and feels for anything in misery. Dumbledore says "We cannot Help" bcoz no one can give it what it wants ie: go back to the living world bcoz it made it impossible itself bcoz of all the unspeakable acts of evil Voldmeort committed.

iv) and lastly, was the place really Kings Kross, or was it actually somewhere else? Maybe, they were just using the name Kings Cross as an symbol?

Bang On, thats Right. "King's Cross" Symbolizes something. Whats that Something? - King's Cross is a railway Station. Ppl come and go to different places from here in Trains. Dumbledore tells Harry that he has the choice of going back or going On..its upto him. If he chooses to go back , he can take the retreating Train back and if he chooses to Go On, he cant take the train that will take him "On..."
All this is Happening in Harry's head...ie: all this is a train of thoughts.

This is what I think. Hope this makes sense to u.
Hope this helped.😊
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
GOD!!!! Lakshmi!!! πŸ˜‰
U wrote a novel!!!! And u explained every bit fully...THANX a loooooot 4 such a marvellous explanation πŸ˜› ...I had confusions too, especially about the creature which Harry wanted to help.....
Thanx again... 😳

Meera 😳
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

Well to begin with, one can conceptualize King's Cross in Two ways.  That the fact that Voldemort cruelly used Harry's Blood to rebuild his body in Goblet Of Fire is very important here. It thereby disabled him from personally killing Harry for, in both their bodies run the same blood with the sacred protection of Lily's Love and Voldemort cannot overcome this ancient Magic. and Therefore he couldnt Kill Harry and when he tried to, Harry was temporarily Knocked out bcoz he was expecting to die.

Here cum the two concepts I mentioned earlier:

• Harry could have been transported in a semi heaven..or say the bridge b/w Heaven and Earth where u can make the choice between Life and Death. Remember one similarity b/w Dumbledore n Harry- Both accepted Death as the inevitable- They both made peace with Death. and so if u want to perceive from a philosophical point of view, u may say that they two men who made peace with death met in this semi heaven where they made 'the choice'. Dumbledore made the choice to Die when confronted by the inevitable and so did Harry. But Harry now had the choice. He was yet to make the decision that wud effect the whole world---ie: the choice b/w 'Going On' and 'Going Back'. and in such a situation, whom has Harry always looked upto? Dumbledore- the man with the answers..the Guide for Harry thruout. He was experienced and had been thru this decision and he assisted Harry in this decision...showed him the right way.at the end, Harry walked back towards Life while Dumbledore walked back to that world-next great adventure of Death from where he had taken a temporary leave to do something for the betterment of the world precisely for whom he sacrificed himself. Harry and Dumbledore separate and walk in opposite directions at the end of 'King's Cross'- One towards the world of Life, the other towards the world of Death.

• For sumone with a universal perception of life, for ppl who want realism, This will suit better...Ie: "Its all happening in Harry's Head". The Last dialogue of Dumbledore's in The chapter point towards this concept ie: all this is happening is inside his head but that doesnt mean it isnt real. Sometimes, what u think of in ur head or what u imagine is more probable and realistic than u would think- those which u smirk off sceptically. Its said by many philosophers that, the human conscience when prodded has the answers to all the questions that mystify the world. Harry fell unconscious , he believed he had died and his mind was at peace and therefore he was able to think calmly, his mind at peace he realised he had the answers deep in his mind only he hadnt been able to realise them b4 (not many sane mortals will usually be able to do that bcoz not many are able to attain that sagely peace of mind and ignore the worldly feeling of want of life.)

This term 'naked' points towards the second explanation I had given above ( which suits my imagination more personally). I had mentioned about the relief from worldly materials and feeling of want of Life. Harry had freed himself from that feeling when he made peace with death and took death upon his own head. the Inner Spirit isnt robed and is free from worldly necessities. It as that spirit in Harry that got the Answers from Dumbledore in his brain's play. Being free of everything worldly, he had to decide whether to Go back to that very world or go On to that unknown mysterious world of Death.

This is what I think.😊

The Creature in that place, the Ugly Baby was the Part of Voldemort that lived in Harry. Harry had freed himself of that bit of soul of Voldemort in himself. And Now, that baby wanted to go Back to the living world but its not possible for it to do so because Harry could make that choice because he was suffused with Goodness while that bit of Voldemort's soul was full of nothing but evil. King's Cross was its Sarcophagus about to be sealed but it is crying as it cannot get out of this. Acc to what you are, King's Cross becums different for each. Harry feels sorry for it bcoz he is a god person in his heart and feels for anything in misery. Dumbledore says "We cannot Help" bcoz no one can give it what it wants ie: go back to the living world bcoz it made it impossible itself bcoz of all the unspeakable acts of evil Voldmeort committed.

Bang On, thats Right. "King's Cross" Symbolizes something. Whats that Something? - King's Cross is a railway Station. Ppl come and go to different places from here in Trains. Dumbledore tells Harry that he has the choice of going back or going On..its upto him. If he chooses to go back , he can take the retreating Train back and if he chooses to Go On, he cant take the train that will take him "On..."
All this is Happening in Harry's head...ie: all this is a train of thoughts.

This is what I think. Hope this makes sense to u.
Hope this helped.😊

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜•
U almost wrote a novel!!!!!

Anyway u have given all the correct answer and made my confusions clear...a great round of applause for u...πŸ‘

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜•
U almost wrote a novel!!!!!

Anyway u have given all the correct answer and made my confusions clear...a great round of applause for u...πŸ‘

isnt she exactly like hermy?πŸ˜³πŸ‘
Originally posted by tukz_REmix

isnt she exactly like hermy?πŸ˜³πŸ‘

Far far better than HermyπŸ˜†πŸ‘

^^Boy this is embarrassing!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

thanks guys..
n u are all most welcome. It was My pleasure.
especially that second question I hadnt really thought abt myself..so ur own understanding increases when u put it elaborately in words..
so What I am doing is purely for my own sake πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

^^Boy this is embarrassing!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

thanks guys..
n u are all most welcome. It was My pleasure.
especially that second question I hadnt really thought abt myself..so ur own understanding increases when u put it elaborately in words..
so What I am doing is purely for my own sake πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Awwww...its alright...😳

BTW lakshmi, how much hour did it took 4 u to write all these? πŸ˜‰
^^LOLZ...an Hour! Not that much yaar...
I write long posts coz I cant control my love for words..It just flows out of me! πŸ˜† and therefore I have experience here and I amnt a snail in typing either πŸ˜‰