Harry Potter

:thrilling new possibility: HARRY=HORCRUX

sugar plum thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

this idea hit about a month ago... but i forgot all about it till today... 

it may seem a totally stupid, absurd idea but pls hear me out and just see what i have to say and then maybe you'll agree with me...

MY IDEA: that the elusive last horcrux... is HARRY...

EVIDENCE AND THEORIES TO SUPPORT THIS ASSUMPTION:

** Firstly... let's go back to Dumbledore and Harry's discussion about the horcruxes... they supposed that Voldemort would chose one item belonging to each one of the hogwarts founders...
we have one from RAVENCLAW and HUFFLEPUFF... we have one fom SLYTHERIN too...
the only snag here is that the only known relic of GRYFFINDOR is the ruby encrusted sword which currently lies in Dumbledore's office... and since that is out of the way... we must look elsewhere....

now think... according to many hary potter fans, harry may turn out to be a descendant of GODRIC GRYFFINDOR... just keep this point in mind and we'll return to it...

** Remember Harry's question to Dumbledore... whether Voldemort can feel it when his horcruxes are destroyed? Dumbledore says it's a POSSIBILITY but not likely because most of these horcruxes have been detached from Voldemort too long...
but just for ONE INSTANT assume that Harry is Voldemort's FINAL horcrux...  if this is true... then this was the latest horcrux to be made by Voldemort and most certainly, it hasn't been separated from him as long as the others... THIS EXPLAINS TO SOME EXTENT WHY HARRY CAN EXPERIENCE VOLDEMORT'S EMOTIONS AND THOUGHTS THROUGH HIS SCAR... the scar is the link between the soul and the horcrux...

**Lastly... Voldemort would definitely have planned to make a horcrux after Harry's murder... but when the killing curse rebounded on him... his plan obviously backfired... or DID IT? look at it this way... this incident may have led to one part of Voldemort's soul being transferred to Harry's body... I'm sure this was unintentional on Voldemort's part... but once Voldemort discovered that this had happened he was probably only too happy because now... it greatly reduces the risk of dying at Harry's hands... don't u see... ?

this means that if harry has to kill Voldemort, he must destroy all the horcruxes first... but he must also kill himself... this probably worked according to Voldemort's plan... even though it may never have been part of the plan...

** it adds greatly to the mystery surrounding Voldemort and may well be a very important link in his intricate plan to ensure immortality...

these are my arguments.. now you guys tell me your opinion...  

Edited by sugar bun - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Yeah sugar bun. Great idea. Agree with u. Great idea. 😛
sugar plum thumbnail
thanks RADZ baby...
HERE'S AN UPDATE:
Apparently JKR has said that Harry will die... well that only fits into this plot right???
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
its all good ideas u have got up there yaar!

ut i dont think harry will die.so many ppl sacrificed 'emselves just to save harry.
so will all their sacrifices be in vain?

there is

james
lily
dumbledore
sirius

and so many ppl died because of harry-well i dun mean he did it:

cedric
frank
quirrel-who cares anyway
😆

and a lot more

so will jkr kill of harry?she cant be that unfair
she is just misleading us!no writer would reveal the plot of his/her book which has not been published

sugar plum thumbnail
exactly lakshmi... i don't think JKR would be dumb enough to reveal such a thing... but i just heard that harry might die...
but anyway.. that's just a tiny link here not of very much consequence.... we'll see 😆
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but if harry's a horocrux, he has to die 😭
i hope jo doesn't do that
sugar plum thumbnail
we all hope so... he will definitely find a solution!!!
ronit13 thumbnail
well i agree with ur facts and i wrote sumwhere after reading hbp that harry can be the possible horcrux
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sugar bun

thanks RADZ baby...
HERE'S AN UPDATE:
Apparently JKR has said that Harry will die... well that only fits into this plot right???

plz plz pzl plz don't say a thing like dat on this forum at least coz it makes me cry 😭...  u c i cry a lot..... when i hear bout it
Morgoth thumbnail
Great analysis, sugar, but I still have some doubts about Harry being a Horcrux.

1) Horcruxes = souls. So that would imply that a part of Voldy is in Harry's body at the moment. Why would Voldy want to kill Harry if his own soul is in the boy's body? Especially if he were aware of its existence in Harry's body?

2) If a Horcrux does enter an object, it possesses it. So wouldn't there be an impact of Voldy possessing Harry? For instance, Ginny had several blank periods where she couldn't remember anything.

Also, wouldn't Harry be more ruthless and ambitious? More like Voldemort himself? Now he does possess some qualities prized by LV, but on a whole he is very different.

3) Your theory abt Harry getting the horcrux during the spell backfire is interesting, but I'm doubtful of that because of one thing. Its mentioned that a special charm has to be performed to create a horcrux. But, no such spell was performed in this case.

Also, the horcrux is related to dark magic and Lily's protection of love is anything but dark magic...so I also doubt that Avada Kedavra + Love = Horcrux 😕

4) With respect to Gryffindor's horcrux, it could very well be an object in Godric's Hollow (as we still dont know for certain abt Harry's ancestory and his relation to Godric Gryffindor is speculation at the moment)

I remember Melissa of TLC asking JKR a question: Was someone else present at the Potter's house at the time of attack and she refused to comment. So perhaps something/someone was there who can still give Harry a clue...

Whole load of confusions w.r.t this theory from my side 😆

Edited by MysticaMagic - 18 years ago