College & University

International Baccalaureate (IB) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 08 March 2008 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

I do know someone who's doing the IB course... The maths is slightly higher than the India course (and looking at the level of SAT maths, i'd say MUCH higher than other maths)... English is more into the literature...

But the thing is that it really prepares you well for anything you want to take up later... So you're equalized to take up whatever you want!

Wayy higher actually. I take IB High Level Math and it's stuff that people do in first years in indian unis and second-third years in us unis. Plus, you have to do optional modules which  for me at least, were NOT fun. I got sets, relations and groups...oh well..

you're right about english but it's fun. I take A1 High Level English and I love dissecting novels into different bits..lol

so really, take it if you can work hard and choose your subjects and level VERY carefully

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "International Baccalaureate (IB) (Page 2)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pragatis_1234

Goldie

pragatis_1234

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
omg i am in IB program too
and yes its very helpful

Edited by pragatis_1234 - 16 May 2008 at 10:08pm

ksang_gal

ksang_gal

Posted: 30 April 2008 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
go for it!!!IB is awesome..you will get lots of advantage if you finish the program.

pragatis_1234

Goldie

pragatis_1234

Posted: 13 August 2008 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
oh and by the way  i have a literature teacher who graduated from IB program and she said its really beneficial just by the IB diploma she got a full scholarship

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 22 August 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged
OH I do the IB..and I am going in my second year..
YES u need a lot of devotion for IB..and YES we are incredible procrastinators :P
If u have the LOVE for essay, den go for it..
btw guys, do universities in Australia, give credits for ur HL subjects?

-Anureet

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 25 September 2008 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by **Sanchita**

^^ thanks raidah Big smile

yea, i believe in myself and i know that i can live up to IB..it's just that i was thinking if i should take the classes but not do the program

thanks..it's nice to hear from you since you're in the program. Smile

see, if u take all the IB classes.. then you will get the diploma which will benifit you a LOT. help u get lots of scholarships, save  alot of  ur money in uni.. because u wont have to repeat the courses  as u would have already done it in highschool, you will get the "bump up" in all classes ..which i think is the BEST part of IB.

BUT  u will have to work hard. theres no other way around it..i personally found grade 10 Ib quite easy.. but grade 11 IB.. is very very overwheliming and  alot of stress.
u will also have to do CAS..  i dunno the full lform.. but its certain kind of volunteer activities that u need to do to get the diploma.. if u only decide to take some Ib classes..then  u wont have to do it.

also  if ur weak at one subject.. like ..  for example... english is my weakest subject.. if i do regular enlisgh  i will have to work a little hard to get a 90 but in Ib english.. i have to work twice as much for an 82.. which brings my overal average down. thats the difference.
i have mostly seen people in partial scoring better than those who r in full IB. .. because obviously full IB involves a lot more hardwork.  for partial i think u need to have minimum of 4 IB classes to still be in the IB program.

u can go from full Ib to partial.. but u cant go from partial to full. so i would say challenge yourself ..   if u dont like it, then drop it later on, but then u will atleast know u tried. rest is upto u.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top