Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

**Sanchita**

IF-Dazzler

**Sanchita**

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 6:53pm | IP Logged

hey guys..i live and go to school in the u.s., and i recently applied for the IB diploma programme..now i'm really confused on whether i should do it or not..i'm having second thoughts..will it really really really benefit me?? or is it okay if i take their classes..but not do the whole program

what do you guys think?? Confused

i'm so confused..i need your help Disapprove

for information about the IB Program:   http://www.ibo.org/diploma/

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "International Baccalaureate (IB)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 11:09am | IP Logged
The IB is an awesome thing to do!! I really wanted to do it, but my school didnt offer it... neither most of the schools where i live Ouch

If you have the chance, i would say do it! It makes u into such a well-rounded person Smile

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
I do the IB. It's very hard, very busy and very very stressful so if you want to take it easy, I wouldn't do it. Otherwise go for it.

PM me if you hav specific questions

starcity

Goldie

starcity

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
The IB is really good, thousands of schools do it around the world and more and more are offering it, infact all the students sit the same paper at the same time all over the world and it's really hard work (my friend from New zealand did it and told me) but it's internationally recognised Big smile and I personally think it wont be long before it's introduced into alot more countries Big smile
Jerri

**Sanchita**

IF-Dazzler

**Sanchita**

Posted: 21 February 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged
thanks guys..after reading your opinions..i think i'm gonna do it!! thanks Big smile

euphoria_Noshin

euphoria_Noshin

Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
First of all Sanchita, you have to have a passion to learn if you want to do IB. They give you a lot of homework there. since i am a IB student i can tell you that its hard work in IB. Basically you have to do a lot of extra work here in IB. gr. 10 pre-IB is nothing compared to actual ib in gr.11 and 12. you have to maintain the mark as well. if you do your work you'll be fine trust me. Embarrassed so good luck to you. US and Canada i think are very similar in this program. If you are confident you should do it! Tongue

**Sanchita**

IF-Dazzler

**Sanchita**

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
^^ thanks raidah Big smile

yea, i believe in myself and i know that i can live up to IB..it's just that i was thinking if i should take the classes but not do the program

thanks..it's nice to hear from you since you're in the program. Smile

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 07 March 2008 at 10:42am | IP Logged

I do know someone who's doing the IB course... The maths is slightly higher than the India course (and looking at the level of SAT maths, i'd say MUCH higher than other maths)... English is more into the literature...

But the thing is that it really prepares you well for anything you want to take up later... So you're equalized to take up whatever you want!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top