Fan Fictions

Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
thanks for bringing this up. I just want you guys to read this response i had written to one of the reader's comments on my ff:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=819456&TPN=1 51

Unfortunately, a lot of readers on this forum are only looking for explicit stuff and i have put my foot down and refuse to write anything too provocative as this forum is visited by people of all ages.

Thanks again

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF (Page 6)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 5:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Catwoman

since we are going to be writing for 12 year olds....
Kat

Comeone Kat, lets not be over dramatic......appropriate for 12 year olds do not mean you have to set out to write for them......you can be completely adult in your writing and thinking while making it appropriate for all age levels. All we are asking is not to use expressions which are sexually explicit in nature.

salt

Goldie

salt

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
I am glad you brought this up. In particular, I have noticed on the fan fictions section there are a lot more youngsters than adults.

salt

Goldie

salt

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
I just read all the replies and if you don't mind I have a suggestion to make why don't you introduce a new section for fan fictions and only members 18+ can view it. I do realize that members can easily change their birthdate to be able to view this section, yet I feel it shouldn't be the responsibility of Dev team then, rather the member who choses to do it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ammy_ka_ashu

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
I had posted my experimental peotry fanfic ..on 13th i told my sis to read... and the first page of the site told her " Adult content in the fanfics on IF" for the so called 'large ' section of people who may have done may be due to lack of rules or knowledge or whatever.. it surely discourages me and the small section like me by such generalised statements... I undersntand minni u all didnt intend to do... writers may well say the same.... if caught spoilign the name of the section..

About the issue at the whole.. I feel this thread in the fanfic section if was put would be better...and many could suggest lots of things for the improvment and have some censorship ... (which is difficult..i may not like my 12 yr old cousign to read abt even a kiss as well but i do mention in my stories...its individual..my cousin living in US reads a lot of enlgish novel and which have more of description than the books by indian authors..sooo..they r matured at an early age.. dotn knwo how the section will work out this..)

Adult content is not description of just a kiss but much more.. soo... felt ashamed to be among the writers of that section... but what can we do..take it...
or leave it...

Catwoman

IF-Sizzlerz

Catwoman

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:26am | IP Logged
@Minnie i have a written Various FF and many are targeted for members aged 12 infact 5 or more. I know for a fact many like myself will no longer write any more ff's on this forum. DUE TO NOT because we want to express our creativity in a adult way simple due to fear. We are discuss adult contents now and then we will have another issue...i see a cycle appearing.

@Bhoomi im sorry if you are find that this is generalisation for those writers who have done nothing wrong but this whole thing is target at me and other writers on the forum. I would like to state your work is valid and this will die down soon. Again i apologies for any heart ache caused because of it.

@Sonali - a section like that will not work as Dev team will then have to set out a fine line for those FF's. Which will need to be regulated and monitored which is to much work for anyone.

Kat

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 3:00am | IP Logged
@Catwoman
Hey I dont know why u feel its targetted just to u. I do recollect recently u had asked ur readers about have they felt u have written anythign of this sort in FF section and ur readers had said they never came across anything like that and they loved ur fanfics...

I have read few of parts of ur story and frankly i feel u write like a professional author and not like immature writers like myself... I personally will never want such a talent gogin out of the FF section... I hope u continue writing..and when emotions get settled post it.. I know it hurts when people r more to criticisng than understnading ....

No need to say sorry at all... there r few writers int he section who with sweet language explain few things which r very sensitive but than...who expects a 8 yr old to go and read a romantic story...romance will have atleast one part where lovemaking is taken in the story... If not me..others can... (let see how the dev team gives the censorship of what can n what cannot be)

I have recently thought of posting a story with an issue as sensitive as rape..and asked the help desk to guide me what i can..what i cant. Infact they todl me its already in many stories and i need to just give a warning in the start... now its not like we cannot post such a sensiitve isseu.. I will not post that until assured that my story will not be targetteed with negativity abt my intentions...

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bhoomikauttam

@Catwoman

I have recently thought of posting a story with an issue as sensitive as rape..and asked the help desk to guide me what i can..what i cant. Infact they todl me its already in many stories and i need to just give a warning in the start... now its not like we cannot post such a sensiitve isseu.. I will not post that until assured that my story will not be targetteed with negativity abt my intentions...

Bhoomi, you can definitely write on something like that. Or any other theme that you want to write upon. There is no restrictions on the themes. The only thing that we want to focus here is the language or expressions. As I have been saying over and over again - the actual incident is not a problem......it's when it gets down to the explicit descriptions of the physically intimate scenes that the objections come up and rightly so.

It's Valentine's Day, and lets write about love and the beauty of it. And I do think beautiful stories can and have been woven without sex being a part of it.

Also Bhoomi, honestly speaking, many youngsters in India as well as abroad are exposed to much more in terms of explicit reading. It's probably nothing new to them. However, it's very much possible that their parents don't know it and if they came to know, they would be shocked. But IF is a site which they can proudly tell their parents about - and none of us would want it to become a place where tomorrow they might have to hide from their parents ........

*** Moderators, this topic will be closed today and removed from GAs. Please inform your respective sections about this.

Thanks,

IF Global Moderator Team.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top