Fan Fictions

Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 12

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Catwoman

@ Minnie please get a dev member to update the rules post in the Fan fiction section we need to ensure that it reflect this post.

Kat link of this topic has already been added and the rules topic updated in that section.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Adult Content in the Fan Fictions on IF (Page 5)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SuhanaSafar

IF-Rockerz

SuhanaSafar

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Minnie, I have a suggestion. Can we make these rules applicable starting now so that they won't affect fan fics written in the past or those that have already been started? I do agree with Kat that it's unfair for her to be reported now for stories she wrote a long time ago. I think the main problem was that people weren't sure exactly what the criteria was for deciding what is and isn't appropriate. Actually to tell the truth, I'm still not completely sure, but I'm just going to play it safe and avoid anything more 'controversial' than a kiss. Anyway, I think clarification is necessary as is leniency towards fan fics already started.

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 13 February 2008 at 11:45am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SujaLuvsMayur

gudia630

gudia630

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Thanks, well said

Catwoman

IF-Sizzlerz

Catwoman

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:49am | IP Logged
@ SuhanaSafar - i agree as when i read the rules initial the only rule which stood out was swearing? as for adult contents nothing was mention and the senior members ff which i read were written for adults.

This is what we as writers need clarification from the DEV team as know many of us will be scared to update as i know i am as i have trigger happy readers just dieing to hit report... hence i have not update in a while.

To tell you the honest truth i feel de motiviated to write any thing... i guess i will jack it all in once i have update the DMG ffs i have on going... not worth the headace. Especially when i have to look over my shoulder as members are just waiting to attack.

@Bhaskar.T - cheers darling but we writers want claffication as what is "Deemed Appropriate" in our FF's

We writers do not cause any trouble on the forums nor should our creations be used for members to justify there violation of rule 3 in IF COC. We just want to understand and clarification on the rules set out for writing ff. Member writting ffs are not breaking any rules as they are obey each code set out before this post appeared. I hope you all understand this.

Kat

Kat

advil

IF-Sizzlerz

advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

This thread is indeed timely. India Forums is a family platform where a 13 year old or a 80 year old ,both can feel comfortable. A mother won't have to worry about what all her daughter might be reading when she visits IF. But if that was violated at certain places, well, then this rule will set the record straight and bring it back on track.

Good Job, Dev Team.

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 3:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Catwoman

@

@Bhaskar.T - cheers darling but we writers want claffication as what is "Deemed Appropriate" in our FF's

Kat

How about anything that your mother would have approved of when you were 12 years old? Embarrassed

@Suhanasafar, you have a point. As it's obvious that such terms were not clear to many of the writers, we will not be editing any of the prior materials, unless they are extremely graphic or vulgar.

Friends, as someone mentioned before me, it's the presentation - a kiss can mentioned in a romantic manner without having to describe the 'how'. It's not the act itself, but it's description which raises the eyebrows and makes many of us squirm. I hope this will help clear the confusion.

Catwoman

IF-Sizzlerz

Catwoman

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
@ Minnie as along as that is made clear to all the writer on the forum and in the FF rules section. I have a feeling IF will get a reduction of FF writers on there hands.. since we are going to be writing for 12 year olds.... Any way! i will wrap mine on going one up so that everyone can sleep easy...

I would like to apologies to those writers and reader out there who deemed my ff's as un appropriate.

To the readers of my Fan Fictions thank you so much for your support over that last couple of week during this incident.... those who have read my creations for the past year. I would like to thank you for all your support many of your comments and post will never be forgotten

If any of you writers were inspired by some thing i wrote then i am happy you are penning Keep up the good work.

Kat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top