Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Suhanasafar

Am not talkign abt the reasoning ...am ok with what they want to covey and the seriousness of the issue.. The subject doesnt intend to do what it should..i have that plain thing to say..

all the remaining things u have mentioned..i agree there can be..and there r ways of tackign it..especially if the writers n readers go hand in hand to resolve the matter... as an active member I foudn the SUBJECT line really hurting..  not he matter written in it...

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ SuhanaSafar

I agree with the issue and have not come across anything that breaks IF COC which I have read from other writers. The matter came about due to my bedtime collection ff which I may add have not broken any rules stated above… there is a group of individual who don't like me hence they are attacking my Fan Fictions… which is fair enough… so now they all finding old pieces of my work and hitting the report button… To me I find this as a personal attack as those ff are old and during the whole time of there publication on this forum there has been no complaint made by the true readers at the time… any way this is another issue which I will discuss when a Dev team member wants to inform me that my FF have broken the rules via PM as I know what I have written is appropriate to the readers reading my ff's.

What the Dev team have to make clear is the rules and regulation for writing FF on the Forum! What is Deemed as "Appropriate" as when I started to pen I read the rules on this forum before actually posting my fan fictions. This need to be made clear here. I guess many of us will restrict our writing but when we are requested to write for adults by our readers we will just say NO!

Bhoom is total right in what she has stated we are now goin to get a flood of members reading ff looking for adult material and then hitting the report button as they may read something which to them, which is totally "Not Appropriate".

Censorship is now here and we may feel that a simple kiss will not be appropriate in a couple of month's time? 😕 Romance and love is an adult subject but now we need to as writers understand the bounders here on the forum.

Don't get me wrong as individuals we have different ideas on what is appropriate and what is not and that is the issue here. The Dev team don't want US writers not to break the rules but they need to understand that we as writers need to understand what is DEEMED AS APPROPRIATE in contents. That is what I am asking.

Kat
tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
gud pst...dis was indeed needed here 😊
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SuhanaSafar

@ Kat & Bhoomi:

Please don't be offended guys. I'm sure Minnie and the Development did not intend to hurt anyone. They are just trying to bring into light a very serious problem. There are young children who visit the forum, and it is essential for their well-being that every section be free of graphic material. The FF section has been put on the spot because there really are some stories there that are sexually explicit. I myself have read at least two in the past few months that made me uncomfortable. I'm sure that no parent would want their young children to be exposed to such things. It would be nice if we could censor the board so that only teens and adults can read certain stories with adult content, but there really is no way to do this. That's why I agree with the development team that it's better to keep the stories clean. As an FF writer myself, I think this is a reasonable request, and I think that the other writers should accept it as well. I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone...

Thank you Suhana, that so very well put. Members like you is what has made IF such a great place to be in.

Originally posted by: bhoomikauttam

Suhanasafar

Am not talkign abt the reasoning ...am ok with what they want to covey and the seriousness of the issue.. The subject doesnt intend to do what it should..i have that plain thing to say..

all the remaining things u have mentioned..i agree there can be..and there r ways of tackign it..especially if the writers n readers go hand in hand to resolve the matter... as an active member I foudn the SUBJECT line really hurting..  not he matter written in it...

Hello Bhumi, I am sorry if the subject line hurt you. That was not the intention. However, for the past two weeks the dev team has been taking in views from all sections, and barring a handful, the consensus is that we need to make sure that sexually explicit materials in FF are not ncouraged. Unfortunately that is where most of such content is getting posted and as not all dev team members read it, many a times it goes unnoticed. It's only when members bring it to our attention that we become aware of it. And it has been increasing alarmingly. This post is about Fan Fics. However, it does include rest of the content posted on IF too, hence that has been addressed too as uniformity is of utmost importance.

We definitely understand where you are coming from, and I assure you it is not targetted at anyone. It is just something which needs to be put across in broader terms and be known by everyone. At the end of the day, authors only write what they think will be liked by the audience, so the audience also needs to be aware what they can and cannot expect .

As Suhanasafar pointed out, in this forum, there is to way to regulate what the members read unless there is some kind of basic rule applied to.

Edited by Minnie - 16 years ago
Minnie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Catwoman

@ SuhanaSafar

Don't get me wrong as individuals we have different ideas on what is appropriate and what is not and that is the issue here. The Dev team don't want US writers not to break the rules but they need to understand that we as writers need to understand what is DEEMED AS APPROPRIATE in contents. That is what I am asking.

Kat

You are absolutely right Kat. And trust me, that is why every public platform is regulated by a body who decide what they are comfortable with.

Right from the start of IF, we have all been very consistent in maintaining what can and cannot be posted on IF. And that specifically excludes graphic descriptions of intimacy between two individuals, undressing, decriptions of their body parts in a sexual manner, use of language, tone or expressions which cannot be read by a father and daughter reading together or a mother and son enjoying together.

I am sure you have an audience who would enjoy what you are saying. I would too, but not if I had to read it along with my 12 or 13 yr old son/daughter. And we all know disclaimers actually work the opposite. So any content, which would require a disclaimer to be posted in the first place, is not for IF.

We would be looking forward to all your co operation.

Catwoman thumbnail
@ Minnie I totally understand where you are coming from but as a writer the dev team need to address this issue as what is "Deemed Appropriate" for all us writers to write on the forum. Like I have mentioned earlier I completly understand what you have said so far and why you have made this post.   

As a fellow member I fell very disheartened know the fact that we are discussing members creations on the forum who have written updates targeted at their adult members whom actually read the writers ff's. If the Fan fiction rules and Regulations where clear I am sure we would have written those fan fictions in a manner.

As you are fully aware we are expanding day by day and there are a lot more members actually writing ff's now more then ever. Personally I feel your regulation on Fan Fictions needs to be updates so this is made clear to the writer and the reader.

I have a feeling many of us who write for an Adult audience will either go underground or may feel so restricted to not even write on this forum. Personally I know this is another personal attack by a certain group and I will wrap up my ff's so that the other writers on the are not blamed for something that they have done.

Lol Minnie when have I never not co-operated? i guess im not your ideal member?

Kat
Minnie thumbnail

@ Minnie I totally understand where you are coming from but as a writer the dev team need to address this issue as what is "Deemed Appropriate" for all us writers to write on the forum. Like I have mentioned earlier I completly understand what you have said so far and why you have made this post.   

As a fellow member I fell very disheartened know the fact that we are discussing members creations on the forum who have written updates targeted at their adult members whom actually read the writers ff's. If the Fan fiction rules and Regulations where clear I am sure we would have written those fan fictions in a manner.

As you are fully aware we are expanding day by day and there are a lot more members actually writing ff's now more then ever. Personally I feel your regulation on Fan Fictions needs to be updates so this is made clear to the writer and the reader.

I have a feeling many of us who write for an Adult audience will either go underground or may feel so restricted to not even write on this forum. Personally I know this is another personal attack by a certain group and I will wrap up my ff's so that the other writers on the are not blamed for something that they have done.

Kat

Yes, we are very happy that it is increasing. And I again apologise if in some way the rules at the outset were not made clear or not conveyed properly. The only thing is that there is no way to demarcate the adult audience from the more younger ones. And hence the necessity to maintain uniformity.

I hope the rules are now clear to everyone, and with so much talent, I am sure we will be attracting more writers than ever before. In fact if you ever happen to visit the Tales Corner in the General Discussion Forum, read the stories there by so many young talented authors here. I specially recommend Neelam8, her strength in romance is exceptional. And we are fortunate and lucky to have such brilliant writers among us.

And please don't take the co operation line personally, it's a manner of speaking and we really mean it when we say that without the co operation of all the members here, IF would not be what it is today.

Catwoman thumbnail
@ Minnie please get a dev member to update the rules post in the Fan fiction section we need to ensure that it reflect this post.

At the moment in Nurse of the week in the DMG section and getting grilled 😕 ....My inbox is full of requests from my readers to update ...so If i get chance will chk out the tales corner but the ff in many of the forum also good reading.

Kat

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Very eloquently, succinctly and well-said!
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

@ Minnie please get a dev member to update the rules post in the Fan fiction section we need to ensure that it reflect this post.

Kat link of this topic has already been added and the rules topic updated in that section.