Valentines Day - hype or meaningful??

Posted: 16 years ago

Hey all members,

Thought for some time that is Valentines day like all other holiday just a hype now? Is it more about the presents like christmas or is there still some meaningful point to it.

Was going to post a thread on it, but Raj beat me to it at DM.

So pasting his here for us to all discuss.

Originally posted by raj5000

Another day picked for celebrating or appreciating or marking a special occasion.

For people in love everyday sharing the feeling of love is involuntarily importance then is day like valentine's day of any value?

Isn't it another reason to spend money on gifts etc?

Where is the value? get bunch of flowers whenever you feel with an handwritten note to loved one... it's invaluable anyday then why picking a particular date?

Valentine day as such is overrating as far as expression of love is concerned...and less to spend in money then feeling is real value...for that matter even marking particular dates/days doesn't count. No?

Key Question is: Has it become Valueless?

Why the need to devote one whole day to saying ILU, and can't love be expressed without the need 4 gifts?

Is it a case of beoming the norm thing to do and intention behind it is actually worthless?

Hype- You can even see from I-F, Most topics are realted to Love n V day ATM. πŸ˜‰

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/860943

^^More POV's 😳

Love to hear general views on this,

-Saira.

Edited by anon - 16 years ago
Awwwwwwwwww sweetie i too was thinkin baout this today whilst i was walking home 😳 ..

have alot to say but will come back to this psot as soon as i have time 😳 ..

x Mrs.KaranSinghGrover x 😳
Bein very diplomatic like my Dhoni, i would say to some it is full of values and to some its valueless!

These days, its just about showing off to one's friends that he/she has a bf or gf!

But some people keep the spirit of V day alive by expressing their love and oh god, its so romantic sometimes!! πŸ˜ƒ
I want romance like the ones in SRK and Kajol movies!! specially KKHH and DDLJ!! 😳

Unfortunately, in today's world, romance means being vulgar and wagera wagera....i don't have to explain much hopefully....the essence of romance has gone!! In other words, Shah Jahans and Mumtazs don't really exist!

Who said valentine day is all about gifts?? Valentine is a day like all other day, everyday is a valentine day but in this busy world, 14th february is an important date. You can't go to a candle night everyday but you can say i love you everyday..When u love someone, gifts, candle night etc.. does not matter, all that matters is that he/she say i love you..Valentine isn't only abt gifts, its to show ur love, its for people that don't show there love everyday....

Its BS πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Over sensationlised CRAPPPPP πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I mean whats the use...Does it mean that you love the person more on this day 😳 what kinda bull is that πŸ˜†

The shops and that start selling crap like 2 months in advance..how sad is that...and the stuff like flowers and that gets DASHED anyway so whats the use 🀣

Uff bakwas πŸ˜† aint heard or seen anything stupider πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Originally posted by *VaVaVoom14*

Its BS πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Over sensationlised CRAPPPPP πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I mean whats the use...Does it mean that you love the person more on this day 😳 what kinda bull is that πŸ˜†

The shops and that start selling crap like 2 months in advance..how sad is that...and the stuff like flowers and that gets DASHED anyway so whats the use 🀣

Uff bakwas πŸ˜† aint heard or seen anything stupider πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

🀣 kya baat kehi hai tum ne anshu bhaiiii mein apni bed pe has has ke marjaonga 🀣🀣🀣 πŸ˜† i agree with uuu its a waste of money its like U have to ONLY love on valentines day πŸ˜† kis kamine ne is din baneya i wwant tooo go back in time and shake his hand for making such a wicked idea to steal peoples monkey πŸ˜†.... wowwwwwwwww... πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

not really into valentines day. but what i like about it is that i get to eat lots of chocolates on tht day, for freeπŸ˜†!! n i love the decorations on valentines day .. it looks pretty with the cute hearts n all.. 😳

I was never really into Valentines day, but someone had given me the meaning and from then I started to celebrate it.

Valentines shouldn't be about GIFTS it was suppose to be about "LOVE" something from the heart.

These days love isn't wat love we believe i t should be. Now everyone says I love u without any meaning

But I do feel that Valentines day is celebrated as a special day for the person we love, just like we have love our parents but there's one day of the year which is Mother's/Father's day.

Nice post Saira

Depends wha it is for u...
U celebrate it for ppl u love..or just for sake of it
Its a day when u can appreciate ur loved ones and if u do so its meaningful 😳