Debate Mansion

Valentine's day - values anything? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dabulls23

V day stands for Varsha day  Wink Embarrassed so for me more the better Smile That includes Diamonds for sure with flowers of my choice Tulips or Orchids Tongue

GMTA Hug LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Valentine's day - values anything? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Where is the value? get bunch of flowers whenever you feel with an handwritten note to loved one... it's invaluable anyday then why picking a particular date?

Valentine day as such is overrating as far as expression of love is concerned...and less to spend in money then feeling is real value...for that matter even marking particular dates/days doesn't count. No?

Raj, It's like the tax day-April 15th...Wink  why? don't ask me..  V-day is just an official day for you guys to get your act together and do the right thing. LOL  If you are lucky and have "paid" enough you might get a refund too. Tongue

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Another day picked for celebrating or appreciating or marking a special occasion. Yaaay!!! PartyTongue

For people in love everyday sharing the feeling of love is involuntarily importance then is day like valentine's day of any value? Yes, of course. That's the day you get more than love - you get gifts Big smileLOL hey Ram, being realistic gal there is no santa, there are better things to invest hard earned then getting diamondo that keep sittinado in the closetando foreverando.

Isn't it another reason to spend money on gifts etc? Well, if husbands, partners, boyfriends spent ample money of gifts all year round, there wouldn't be a necessity for special occasions WinkLOL Hmm well a hug, sweet smile, some quality time together away from routine and flowers once in a while, isn't that good enough? LOL(I know your answer -- NOOOOLOL) ...there are other occasion nah ot express love via gifts birthdays/Anniv that are for reason...why create one more musibat.. for all.

Where is the value? get bunch of flowers whenever you feel with an handwritten note to loved one... it's invaluable anyday then why picking a particular date? Sure it's invaluable, but how many men do it "any day"?? WinkLOL Same holds true for this day too how many WOmen/men does it unless forced by brigade of questions like " what are getting me?" or Look I got u a watch for valentine.. *cough *cough...aren't forgettin anything? LOL or ganga jamana episode LOL

Valentine day as such is overrating as far as expression of love is concerned...and less to spend in money then feeling is real value...for that matter even marking particular dates/days doesn't count. No?

Yes, it does count. In today's madly rushed world where people forget to eat, we can do with a few special days that people try to remember. We espouse love over money and all the loftiness associated with it, but in real terms when money goes out of the door, love jumps out of the window WinkLOL

Wake Up day, Sleep Day, Eat Day, Get dressed nicely day hmmm I see whole lot following this day funda then LOL Yeah keep the money inside only ...why to take it out in first placeWink LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

For now, all i have to say is, you stole my post (again) Embarrassed Cry LOL

But yup, like any holiday, its all abou the hype and becomes valueless as time goes on.

Xmas is another example, now its just about the presents. Wink

Ok I think with some people, it has become valueless, its more of a day you celebrate for the heck of it. Everybody else is doing it, so why not?

Stil have to edit, am lazy Embarrassed

LOLLOLAre you accusing me of thought stealing...hey bhagwan...looks like someone else is too lazy to go shopWink  LOLLOL

yeah this influencing/comparison thing is more culprit...in spreading this fever... accross....who cares what someone else's gifted thier valentine...it's thier deal... gal/guy should just have feeling like...here is a garden heart pluck whichever flower you like...forget about day/time/month..enjoy feeling of love 22/7 (2 hours day is of leave me alone).LOLLOL 

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Another day picked for celebrating or appreciating or marking a special occasion.

For people in love everyday sharing the feeling of love is involuntarily importance then is day like valentine's day of any value?

Isn't it another reason to spend money on gifts etc?

Where is the value? get bunch of flowers whenever you feel with an handwritten note to loved one... it's invaluable anyday then why picking a particular date?

whatever it takes to give u guys a hard timeWink  tum ladko ki watt lagana achha lagta hai hamey kabhi kabhi that's why the assigned daysTongue  ab tum itna complain ker hee rahey ho toh we gals can think about doing that all yr roundLOL

LOLLOLLOL  sounds like tyenol ka over dose..nahi nahi should not be a bonded day but whenever one feels like expressing special feelings regular dose sey hat key. A nice dinner...with a Fry's ka gift card ... ahhhaaa uskey liye 14th feb ka kyo intezar kiya jaayee...LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by anon

[QUOTE=SholaJoBhadkey]Who cares? Gift to mila na WinkLOL

See, I know my husband loves me very much, but the only time he's bought me gifts is on special occasions. Now, I can be negative and think - "hmmmph! he doesn't love me. he needs an occasion to buy me something."   OR I can look at the bright side - "hey! i get 6 wonderful gifts in a year Tongue

Rest of the year, he can be loving without giving gifts Big smileLOL

Exactly you can be loving w/o gifts. Wink But gifts make it better LOL

Like exactly why do we need a whole day

devoted to mushy couples saying  I Wove You I agree! Kuch kehne ki zaroorat nahin hai LOL

So like anshu said >>  it's invaluable anyday then why picking a particular date?<<< cos 365 days of giving gifts is not feasible Tongue

Big smile ift is just an extra benefit behind it, so if u know u get love 365 days a year why devote whole day, as love can be expressed without the need for gifts right? Arrey, I am not devoting the day to love. I just look forward to a "rock or two " Wink No cards or flowers jaisa sasta kaam LOL

[/QUOTE/]

Gift ke anticipation mein apna avi bhi change kar diya ROFL

ROFL OMG that AVI lolsss belan DB ko diya kya...

Waisey...Loved one hi sabse bada gift hai...aur kya chaiye life (not my thought LOLLOL)

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dabulls23

V day stands for Varsha day  Wink Embarrassed so for me more the better Smile That includes Diamonds for sure with flowers of my choice Tulips or Orchids Tongue

yeh loy one more day LOLLOL comes only two day's a year one when Varsha ho rahi ho and one when it's not raining...All the best Mr. V jiThumbs Up LOLLOL...kiddin here.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Raj, It's like the tax day-April 15th...Wink  why? don't ask me..  V-day is just an official day for you guys to get your act together and do the right thing. LOL  If you are lucky and have "paid" enough you might get a refund too. Tongue

LOLLOL kya analogy hai ....thats when one wanna make sure...that one does under or overpay... par expresing love kabhi taraju mey tola jaa sakta hai kyaTongue LOLLOL It's just another hyped day for selling sweets/diamonds/apparells etc etc

Post Reply New Post

Go to top