jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Cannibalism in 'Naan Kadavul'?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, February 09, 2008]

Naan Kadavaul Gallery

Naan Kadavaul Gallery

The last schedule of director Bala's 'Naan Kadavul' is taking place in Kasi. The first schedule too was held here in a set that was erected at the cost of some lakhs. The insiders inform that Bala did not insist the same kind of sets be recreated and that he settled for different locations.

The entire team, including hero Arya, would be quite relieved that the intense journey for the film is about to come to an end. The team is very happy about the outcome of the movie.

'Naan Kadavul', which has triggered more controversies than any other films in the recent times, is now in the eye of a new controversy at the time of its completion. It is about a disgusting scene in the climax. It is said that Arya eats human flesh from a dead body in the climax. It is also said that the scene was objected by the producers and that Bala had accepted to consider changing it.

Bala is a kind of director, who never gives up when it comes to changing his story. He is known for shocking portrayals that tend to defy the public sentiments or the set norms of Kollywood. In 'Sethu', he sends back the hero to the mental asylum and in 'Pithamagan', the film opens in a grave yard - much against Tamil cinema's sentiment and at the end, Vikram is beaten up by Sangeetha by broom stick.

So, one wonders if Bala would accept to change such a scene, if it is required for his story. As of now, it is for sure that we cannot be sure of anything.

source : http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36464.html

ewww.. eww.. so it is true about the climax of NK that shows arya eating human flesh?DeadDead i think bala should consider revising his script. the tamil audience might be a little more open-minded now but i doubt they will be able to digest open acts of cannibalism shown in films.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Cannibalism in 'Naan Kadavul'?" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 12:52am | IP Logged
A page from James A Michener's books. He claimed that the sadhus in the himalayas survived on human flesh. Now Michener did a lot of research,and has credibility. Does Bala have any?

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 9:26am | IP Logged

nope. apart from being a rather eccentric but talented director, bala doesn't have any other credibilty.

it's very likely he & his climax will be ripped apart by the masses if he ever releases the original version of the film's ending. now it leaves me thinking.. is that scene absolutely neccessary? take sanjay leela bhansali for instance. he had ranbir kapoor's nude scene in 'saawariya' cut because he didn't want to lose the majority of his audience.

the big question now is what is bala going to do? edit out the scene so the masses won't be appalled or just risk it all by showing the climax as it is? the man is probably having a huge headache now.LOLLOL

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I wont be surprised if he choose that climax...his the director who doesnt bend down to others and stand up for his desicion. Its reminds me of Pithamagan and Vickys role who burns the bodies Dead

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 4:24am | IP Logged
I think dir Bala simply needs to understand that good movies needn't always have sad and such out of place endings Confused

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 4:34am | IP Logged
i wonder who will pay to see such realities?? they must be really sick in the head!!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 12:20am | IP Logged
I wonder what is it with Director Bala - burning bodies etc in all his movies. So morbid! Angry

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:24am | IP Logged

looks like not many of you are fans of director bala. i'm not one either but the man has got something in his films that actually connects with the masses sort of like ripley's believe it or not.LOLLOL bala really has the taste for the weird & unusual.

my 14 year old cousin loves aarya. now i don't know how i'm going to tell her that her fav actor might be eating human flesh in his next film that she's eagerly waiting for.Confused

god.. poor aarya.. i wonder how he did that scene?DeadDead

Post Reply New Post

Go to top