Sonu Nigam v/s Himesh Reshammiya

Posted: 16 years ago
Sonu Nigam v/s Himesh Reshammiya

Sonu Nigam has ended his association of over 16 years now with T-Series and shifted to HMV Sa Re Ga Ma. Insiders claim it is because he was fed up over their constant sidelining of him over their current favourite Himesh Reshammiya. Sonu's exit from the label only seems as yet another example of the constant war between Himesh and Sonu about who is a better singer amongst the two of them.

Sonu who was T-Series' blue eyed boy until Himesh came in was irked by their sudden shift of attention and had therefore started hitting out at Himesh claim industry insiders. But what finally pushed Nigam to part ways with the label was when his proposed new album was discarded for being non-commercial. It was then that Sonu finally said bye bye to T-Series.
And although it is Sonu who has decided to walk from the label, he still sounds bitter about his disassociation. "Just as fishes are found in a fish market and a fruit in fruit market so is the case with music. My album is on a very different level this time. And I have thankfully reached a point in my life where without any negativity of any sorts, I can choose the people I want to work with. Or in other words, people who will appreciate my earnestness when it comes to serving music. This album is for posterity and for the musically starved masses. Thus I need a company as committed and confident of my product as I am, to market it, hence this decision. As for T-Series and me, there are bound to be differences of course! They are businessmen and I am an artiste!"

Sonu was current T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar's father, Gulshan Kumar's, discovery and had always been with the label despite having received numerous plum offers in the past. "I am bound to love them more, because of their father connection, than they have loved me, and I don't expect anymore!" says the singer.

Bhushan Kumar reacting to Sonu's leaving T-Series because of them favoring Himesh more stated, "Himesh has been with us since Tere Naam and has consistently given us big musical hits. What is wrong in promoting him? I always wish the best for Sonu. He is a very talented singer."

sonu niigaam was the best and always will be......no hr can beat him in any way............he's simply the best......no one has all the talents sonu niigaam does..........so no point of comparing them too...zameen asmaan ka farak.....and of course sonu is the asmaan.......... 😉  Sonu is multitalented.: He can sing, dance, act, good looks, mimic. and HR can probably do half of those

Edited by music_rules - 15 years ago
Himesh Reshammiya is the best!!!
I agree with Music_rules no one can take Sonus place he is one of the best versatile singers his voice has so much feeling in the proof is in all his songs esp the sad romantic ones
Himesh is really good too but i dont think he should be compared to Sonu thou jus my opinion... 😊

Both are good at thier places 😃

Edited by luv_srk_rani - 16 years ago
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by music_rules

sonu niigaam was the best and always will be......no hr can beat him in any way............he's simply the best......no one has all the talents sonu niigaam does..........so no point of comparing them too...zameen asmaan ka farak.....and of course sonu is the asmaan.......... 😉

well said 👏

Sonu is a good singer but for playback it sometimes does not suit certain actors that need a deeper voice. Still he should also be a music director.

Himeshji has turned into an actor and a music director.

Sonu ji is best not only as a singer but as an actor ,composer , live performer n all....u should not compare himesh wid Sonu ji as there is nothing common btw them...and ofcourse Sonu ji Rocks.
no comparisons man... sonu nigam is simply awesome... himmesh on the other hand sucks big time... no strong lyrics...just music n remixes, Crap! Sonu Rocks!!!!!!!
Sonu is probably a better singer with better training and skill, but Himesh is undefeatable as a composer!!!