Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 09 February 2008 at 1:35am | IP Logged

Has anyone wondered why indian cricketers are being given offers to act in films?? What is so special about them???Confused Apart from some dudes being cute and all.....one major question....why the craze?? are they really good actors???Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Why do cricketers get offers.." in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 8:24am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

YeaH!! Thinking

Thats a good Question actuallyEmbarrassed and even i have no clue...LOL

Guess for them its another way to make money but i don't know how they get asked in the 1s place. I can understand advertisments they get asked but not why to b actorsEmbarrassed

And the thing is, its only cricketers.....why not hockey or football players who are sometimes better looking than the cricketers!Big smile like...baichung bhutia! he's cute!Wink

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
I have made this the DOTW

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by umi82990

I have made this the DOTW

Oh thanks a lot!Big smile

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged
ther is a simple answer 2 the q..ppl luv crick8ers..n this way surely ppl r gonna wacth teh movie if crick8ers act in it..n leo yr siggy is awesome

shabari

IF-Dazzler

shabari

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Leo

Has anyone wondered why indian cricketers are being given offers to act in films?? What is so special about them???Confused Apart from some dudes being cute and all.....one major question....why the craze?? are they really good actors???Confused

the reason for not writing till now was i thought i'll collect some facts to support your caseWink..

with research done with the help of Times of IndiaSmile

Indian cricketers and even their rivals across the border have always scored off the field with Bollywood heroines. But on celluloid, they are usually out first ball.

There have been some exceptions though. Syed Kirmani and Salil Ankola have sparkled in brief appearances. Kirmani played a karate-chopping killer who undergoes a change of heart in Kabhi Ajnabee The (1985).

The Indian wicketkeeper stole the show from hero Sandeep Patil, who actually made more news for his alleged liaison with heroine Debashree Roy.

Pakistani cricketer Mohsin Khan, who struck a double century at Lord's and married heroine Reena Roy, acted in J P Dutta's Batwara and Mahesh Bhatt's Saathi.

Sandeep Patil (Kabhi Ajnabi Thay)

Kapil Dev - in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (very recently.......)

Sunil Gavaskar (Maalamaal)
Wasn't Salim Durrani the first cricketer to act in films? In Parveen Babi's debut film, B.R. Ishara "CHARITRA"?

Yograj Singh, father of Yuvraj was the superstar of punjabi movies and starred in a number of films.I think he played one ODI for India. The other one is of course Yuvraj, who was a child artiste in a few movies in which his father was the hero.

Two members of the current Indian team -- Captain Anil Kumble and former captain Sourav Ganguly also have some experience of starring on the silver screen. Kumble has acted in two films while Ganguly has acted in a Bengali film.

Another Test double centurion, Vinod Kambli turned out in the B-grade Annarth. Kambli danced with elan but ran as poorly on screen as on the playing field.

Ajay Jadeja played a good Samaritan opposite Celina Jaitley (who wouldn't?) in Khel when banned from playing cricket.

So all these facts suggest one thing that there is a thin line dividing crciket from films and as it is the next best popular thing after hindi films ..cricket by far will be a winner in all ways.

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 14 February 2008 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Yeah! true! but still....cricketers should concentrate on their game and not be willing to get offers nd stuff!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top