+*+Today... I feared for my life+*+

-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Today... I feared for my life.

(True True, NO lie)

You know how when like, you hear about something like the September eleven thing, or the Virginia Tech. massacre you think about what the people, that died were thinking on that day, even if its for ten seconds....

They probably just woke up thinking its just another normal day, seeing people and treating them with no extra special treatment, unaware of the fact its the last time they'll be able to, maybe even fight with family, friends.

Well today, I arrived at school... met my friends, was like oh Hi... yah wuts up.. oh cool ... then met my BF, talking about... you should know😛 met my bestie... started talking about tv shows and bitching about other people😳 and then I headed off to Student Services cause I had to do this thing...

When I got there, I opened the door and saw two helpers inside... Linda and our school psychologist, Shane. I wasnt even completely in, didnt even get a chance to close the door, that a blast was heard. It wasnt just one of those that u hear when a balloon suddenly bursts, it was way more heart vibrating than that. I immediately thought of it being a bomb blast, like an Alquaida type, too sterotypical, I know...😊 But you cant blame me...

I convinced myself, it was just someone fooling around, but then as soon as the sound of the blast started to die down, a guy started screaming... a real pain staking screaming... I immediately turned around and saw the people staring in shock and horror something to the left of them. I just couldnt bring myself to move... The door at the entrance, was kinda like a safety barrier between me and a dangerous world.

Shane was like Oh god... wut the?? And then linda ran out. I just started thinking of all my mates. Erika Carrie Sam Tegan Sasha May Rosie Kiki Jack Other Jack Dave Cammster Sai Sameul Varun

When linda went past me I came back into reality... no one else was screaming, or running around. And even the first screaming guy was quiet now... I turned around and was like, Shane... I dont think it was serious... and he was like, mmz I hope not Rida and then Linda came back and Shane was like, what was it? And linda said, ''I didnt see anyone, cause they ran off, but I can smell gun powder,''

I didnt get what she meant. Cause to me gun powder means, nuclear bombs, canons and big explosions... Thankfully she continued, ''So if you can tell someone, that some student has got firecrackers...''

I know I know... fire crackers, what the hell? Why did Rida make a whole topic on this.... but its not about that...

I love Shenton College, its the best hting thats ever happened to me. I feel totally at home there, but for the first time, I felt unsafe at my own school. And I've realised, theres no place safe enough in the world. Not even mosques and mandirs anymore😕. The whole day it kept going through my mind, a terrorist bomb happening at our school, cuz its got the most students in Perth, and it be on the news and all...

But what worried me the most, people thinking, Oh I bet there was a girl who probably just woke up thinking its just another normal day, seeing people and treating them with no extra special treatment, unaware of the fact its the last time she'll be able to, maybe even fight with family, friends...

•   What's one of the biggest international tragedies, have made you, personally, the most upset.
  •   Haven't you ever thought of those people that pass away, in such a cruel manner.
  •   Have you ever been scared in this manner, of where you assume lives are going to be lost... right around you.
  •   Is this the reason, why our ancestors repeatedly said, ''Be nice to whoever you meet... and get along with everyone. Be kind, caring and loving. It'll give you peace at mind and you'll rest peacefully for ever.''

I know I'll never be able to look at other international tragedies, the same way ever again. 🤢

Love Me X

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
its ok ridu, it can be scary,

when i went to pakistan last year an earthquake hit it wasnta big one but i just sat there listening to the rumblings and watching things hit the floor, it was scary but interesting, it makes you wonder what would you do if you were there, after a few mins when it finished i went downstairs hoping everyone was alrite, thank god they were but you cant help but worry.

imagine when the major quake hit pakistan the people that died what they must have been feeling???????

the people that died. i did so much or tried to do so much sending money/aide but it woas never enough.

you should always be nice to everyone, i know me and vinu hav our ups and downs but i would never wish ill on another.

chin up kid and be happy always
-Pinky- thumbnail
OMG Rida!! I'm glad ur ok 🤗
Luckily, I have never been in any situation where my own life was in danger, but for me, I think Tsunami in India was an eye opener. I was in India at that time..... I read news about it, watched ppl in misery on tv.. some of the stuff I watched is still fresh in my mind...
at school that was all we ever talked about.. it was disturbing to hear about it all the time.. n we did make a lot of donations to help the ppl out..
it did make me think how those ppl felt.. those ppl who lost their loved ones n everything they owned.. especially the lill kids.. who had no family left .. n no where to go..
-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail
Nugs: thanks nugs<333 😃
Pinky: yah I know... its so disheartening 🤢

For me personally, the Virginia Tech Massacre was... just soo shocking...
But it also made me angry how people kept saying, "Oh poor kids! I feel so sorry for them. And that dude was so retarded!"
Its like, you dont know what that guy was going through! He had a lot on his mind too, plus I kept thinkin of what his parents must be going through... knowing that their son was so troubled, confused... plus they lost him too...

And then at the memorial, they rang the bell once for each victim that died... but they didnt for the guy himself... as if he didnt suffer a loss 🤢 🤢 !
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
columbine got me, it was pointless 😡
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
HEy Rida..u almost scared me with ur title!!
Im glad u are okay!

As u said aaj kal..no place is safe anymore..an accident can happen any moment nowadays nah! and we can't be careful enough all the time!

i think Tsunami and the 9/11 tragedy were the ones that made me feel really helpless and sad..

and Personal experience...
hmhh i can remember there was a big fire 2 houses next to ours and we were so so scared that even our house would get down by the fire!
Thinking of that incident makes me sad again..i can't count anymore how many nights passed away without sleeping..becoz of darr!

and your quote::
''Be nice to whoever you meet... and get along with everyone. Be kind, caring and loving. It'll give you peace at mind and you'll rest peacefully for ever.''

i agree with it, but yeah in life you don't meet only good people nah..how much u try to be and stay nice

BUt yeah we can always try..

Take care!
Gracella
-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gracella

HEy Rida..u almost scared me with ur title!!
Im glad u are okay!  Lol didd u think I got kidnaapped or somethin😳

As u said aaj kal..no place is safe anymore..an accident can happen any moment nowadays nah! and we can't be careful enough all the time!

i think Tsunami and the 9/11 tragedy were the ones that made me feel really helpless and sad..  yah.. esp. 9/11 its just contributed so much to the terrorism concept...

and Personal experience...
hmhh i can remember there was a big fire 2 houses next to ours and we were so so scared that even our house would get down by the fire!
Thinking of that incident makes me sad again..i can't count anymore how many nights passed away without sleeping..becoz of darr! Wow.. how long ago was this😕

and your quote::
''Be nice to whoever you meet... and get along with everyone. Be kind, caring and loving. It'll give you peace at mind and you'll rest peacefully for ever.''

i agree with it, but yeah in life you don't meet only good people nah..how much u try to be and stay nice

No what I meant was like... wehn I heard the blast I was thinking off all the people Ive been mean to as well... and y'kno its like, once you've said somethin.. in anger, in grief... you dont always get a chance to make up for it... if you (personally know you've tried your best) be just over all nice n generous to people.. it'll give you that peace at heart and mind and if god forbid you come across such a situation, atleast that'll be one less thing to worry about...😳

BUt yeah we can always try..

Take care!
Gracella

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG!...i am glad..NO...more that glad that u r ok! 😃 ...and about no safe placees not even temples and all...that is soooo sooo totally true...for me there is no place like home and there is not place like my school!
-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail
I know...
Its a real pity that where it was once said, ''Even enemies are forgiven at mosques/mandirs/churches'' no one can feel safe... plus, its actually more of a danger there... 🤢
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^^^ u r right...u know that i am in U.S right??...and here is a famous mandir of Krishna and i went there...and a black dude, came in there and showed some people (2 or 3) a FAKE gun 🤢 and stole there stuff 😡

xoxo
-Lara 😊