Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Great job Anita. I also love duets by ladies and it sounds great when sung in harmony.
To have two great singers in a single movie would mean having at least 2 heroines in a Movie too, which the budget and storyline may not normally allow.

Sorry I cannot comment on the contribution from Dia at the moment. Perhaps she is saving the best for last.πŸ˜†
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What is delectable about the Lata-Asha duets is that both of them have such different voice qualities and at the same time something in common, being sisters. I never tire of comparing and enjoying these differences and similarities. Sometimes I detect that Asha is trying her level best to get the better of Lata as in the taanas of "sakhi re sun gori" while Lata is just singing in her usual way without any tension.

In "O chand jahan woh jaaye" you can even perceive the differences even in the lyrics. Lata expresses love subtly while Asha does it openly.
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

You are right,Punjniji . The Asha-Lata  debate and comparison is something that goes on  permanently.....At home I have die hard Lata fans and Asha fans and we r constantly debating  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..U r right,it certainly sounds like Asha is trying to outdo Latain "Sakhi re sun"...Ashaji has stated in many interviews that she'd be very nervous while recording songs with Lataji......πŸ˜ƒ

U r right,Ashaji's style is more open  and Lataji'style is subtle.The subtleness in style suited the heroines of yesteryears very well,coz the character of the leading ladies in the 50sand 60s  projected a certain subtleness...

Ashaji's open style worked better in the 70s and later when the character of leading ladies changed and her voice suited them very well…Both had a different style and excelled in their  style of songs .And hats off to Ashaji for developing  a distinct style and not aping Lataji…….full credit to O.P.Nayyar for that

rock&roll thumbnail

Qawwali with Mannadey and Rafi Vs Lata & Asha
Song:Tumhe husn deke khuda ne
Movie:Jabse tumhe dekha hai
Singers:Rafi,Mannadey,Asha Bhonsle & Lata Mangeshkar
Music:Dattaram Naik
Lyricist:Anand Bakshi

Tumhe husn deke khuda ne- Part 1

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QzdhavGs4UA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by rock&roll - 16 years ago
rock&roll thumbnail

Tumhe husn deke khuda ne- Part 2
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=i76GVaZI0Qc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good Heavens! I had never heard of this movie Jabse tumhe dekha hain nor had I seen Shashi and Shammi singing a qawaali together. Thank you so much Rock n Roll!
rock&roll thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Great job Anita. I also love duets by ladies and it sounds great when sung in harmony.
To have two great singers in a single movie would mean having at least 2 heroines in a Movie too, which the budget and storyline may not normally allow.

Sorry I cannot comment on the contribution from Dia at the moment. Perhaps she is saving the best for last.πŸ˜†

thank u summerji.......U r right...having two lead singers wld normally mean having 2  heroines.....But unfortunately,Ashaji was always singing for the second lead/supporting actresses  in the initial years....even thru the 50s and 60s...in most Lta-Asha duets,Ltaji was singing for the lead actor.......Sakhi ri sun(Meena kumari),Ja ja re ja(Nargis),chand jahan woh(Meena kumari),muqabla humse na karo(vyajayanthimala),mere mehboob mein kya nahin(sadhana),man kyon behka(rekha),main chali main chali(saira banu)....the list is endless...in almost every song Lataji sang for the heroine and Ashaji for the second lead/sometimes for someone who just appeared as the heroine's friend only in the song.......πŸ˜•πŸ˜ƒ.......In terms of singing though,both were equally good in their own styles...but Ashaji never sang for the lead heroines as much as Lataji.....

rock&roll thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Good Heavens! I had never heard of this movie Jabse tumhe dekha hain nor had I seen Shashi and Shammi singing a qawaali together. Thank you so much Rock n Roll!

u r welcum....πŸ˜ƒ...i have one more rare song coming up.....Yeh barkha bahaar sautaniya ke dwar from mayur pankh.....not a very popular one,i think 😳...Quite a good one...

Edited by rock&roll - 16 years ago
rock&roll thumbnail

SONG:Yeh barkha bahaar sautaniya ke dwar
Movie:Mayur Pankh
Singers:Lata mangeshkar & Asha Bhonsle
Music Director:Shankar Jaikishen

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_hgIpUukU9E[/YOUTUBE]

rock&roll thumbnail