Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

*~A Day in the Life of Reporter Sree~*

ammmu thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello hello helloooo IFians! πŸ€—

Yes yes, you heard it right - we did not say "Admin Sree", we said "Reporter Sree" - wonder why?

Doston, in case if you already haven't noticed, our sweet sweet birthday girl and Admin Sree di is also a dedicated reporter for Tellybuzz... along with writing articles, she dials hazar phone numbers everyday to ensure that you can read articles about your favourite Telly stars...!

Wonder what this means? Well, first of all, the birthday celebrations are not over... ji haan, "masti baki hain, mere dost!"πŸ˜‰

Have you ever wondered how a Tellybuzz Reporter does his/her job, or what they have to do?
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Is it just calling the stars and asking for quotes on a topic? What if you don't get through to the star and have to postpone the article? What if the actor doesn't stop talking on the phone and you have to sit there patiently and listen to them? What if the actor simply refuses to answer any questions and you go mad in desperation (hopefully this doesn't happen often)?

We've decided to give you a small peek into what our Tellybuzz Reporter Sree di does everyday - so get ready to enjoy the ride today doston, as we take you on a journey to...

"A Day in the Life of Tellybuzz Reporter Sree"

Sree wakes up early in the morning and groans.. "Eiyoo rama (Tamil for "haila"), kitna kaam hai aaj... uff!!"

She sits in front of the computer and logs onto IF - her eyes open wide to see that she has..."1000 PMs!! Oh my God, what am I going to do today... I have so much of Tellybuzz work to do!" She logs off IF and goes over her To-do List today -

1. Interview Pulkit Samrat, Karan Grover, Karan Patel, Sharad Malhotra on why everyone thinks they are the "hunks" of Tellywood
2. Try calling up Prachi Desai for the umpteenth time to see if she's free to do an interview
3. Fly to Mumbai and come back on the same day to visit the Kyunki... sets and count how many characters there are for an article, AND go to the Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan sets for a report as well
4.Call up Aditya Narayan of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and see if he can give away any secrets on the next elimination in the show
5.Remind the other Tellybuzz team members to put up their articles ASAP
(there are about 10 other things, but Sree is going to try and complete these 5 first)

"Theekhai... it's 9:30 now, let me see if I can call Pulkit and get some quotes from him."

(Sree is dialing Pulkit's number)

*ring ring*

"Hello? Hi Pulkit, this is Sree here... I wanted to get some quotes from you for an article.. are you free --"

(She realises it's going to the voicemail so just leaves a message)

"Ab kya karoon?! Hmmm... if he doesnt call back, I'll just have to do the article with the other 3..."

(Sree calls the other three actors and to her luck, they answer the phone and she is able to get some quotes from them)

"Chalo, atleast I have their quotes now... let's see if I can get Prachi to pick up her phone now."

(Sree dials Prachi's number, crossing her fingers in hope that she will pick up her phone)

*ring ring*

Prachi - "Hello?"

(Sree almost jumps in joy to hear Prachi's voice finally - they have a small chat and Prachi is scheduled for her interview)

"Now that kaam is done... let me see if I can call up Jet Airways to see how many flights are going from Chennai to Mumbai today."

Suddenly, Sree realises that she has no questions for the Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan actors and starts to worry about that. Thank God she doesn't need any specific questions for Kyunki... she just has to count how many characters there are in the show.

She logs onto IF again and sees if she can find someone who watches Betiyaan - finally, she finds a member! Sree gets about 6 questions, which is perfect.

She tries and calls Jet Airways -

*ring ring*

"Thank you for calling Jet Airways. May I help you?"

"Yes, my name is Sree and I wanted to know if there are any domestic flights flying this afternoon from Chennai to Mumbai."

"I'm sorry maam, but all flights are full today."

(Sree gets frustrated)

"Arey, can't you do anything? I'm a reporter for Tellybuzz, I can't get any special offers?"

"Maam, what is Tellybuzz? Is that Mumbai Mirror?"

(Sree pulls out her hair in frustration and gets ready to hang up the phone)

"No, it's not... but thank you. Bye."

Sree sighs and wont be able to complete two articles today - maybe she can go to Mumbai tomorrow.

She takes about a 30 minute break, makes chappathis, sambar, and bhaji for lunch, and eats it too.

"Let me see if Aditya is free now..."

(Sree calls up Aditya Narayan to see if he can give anything away about the upcoming episode of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, but her phone call is in vain - all he can tell her is the theme and which judges are coming)

Sree takes a small break and tries to respond to about 50 PMs, when she realises it's evening already and it's time to make dinner. She doesnt have much time, so she just makes idli and dosa.

Time passes so quickly, and it's already night..."Oh God, I have all these quotes, but no writeup for any of my articles!!"

Sree signs onto MSN and sees who she can pakao to do the writeups for the articles - she gets Shagun, Nishtha, Ammu, and Anu to help her out. She also makes sure that the other 3 articles - Pick of the Week, Contest of the Week, and Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down are going up by tonight.

"Chalo, finally pakaoed them, and I've got my articles ready... time to put them up and activate."

By this time, Sree is exhausted, and wants to sleep... she forgets about the other 950 pending PMs, and dreams about having to interview every actor of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi for an article... complete chaos!

Wait... wasn't Sree supposed to go to Mumbai? Well, tomorrow's another day - let's see what happens then! πŸ˜‰

---------------------------------------

Aaannnddddd, there you have it, doston!πŸ˜ƒ So kya sochliya aapne? Kya kya nahin kiya humari Sree di ne hai nah? But doston, Sree di does a lot more than this - this is just a small "peek" at what she does during the day... her work is never-ending, although we wish it would sometimes so she could take a break!πŸ˜‰

Sree di, this was just our small token of 'fun' and gratitude towards you - we can't thank you enough for all the hard work you do for us. Hope you didn't have to pick up your phone on your birthday, except to answer birthday wishes of course!😳

Hope you enjoyed that doston! πŸ€— Take care,

Edited by ammmu - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
True to the Core Ammu πŸ˜†
Sree di work this much only nd that to day after day...she even worked on her birthday so sree di..take a bow πŸ‘ and ammu great great post loved reading it πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
She has set an example for many many here..
I am sure she is more busy then what is mentioned in this topic..
This seems to be only a trailer..
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sree Di..hatts off.. πŸ‘

Coz of her TB has reached great heights...!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

But i am not happy with one thing...πŸ˜”...she doesnt get time to give to her crushes...πŸ˜”...and ammu Jhoom u didnt tell wen she interviews dem...how she goess gaah gaaahhh all around...?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Btw does she reallyyyy travel from chennai to mumbai in one day....n den back again??? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@Ahmed Bhai: The shers in ur siggy are....πŸ‘
Edited by Saara COMB - 16 years ago
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMGG!! Sree Di!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ..Hats off to youu!! πŸ‘

Wow...u have busyy busy busyy daysss!! And i agree...because of you and Vijay Bro IF and TB has succeeded in sooo many things!! πŸ˜ƒ

LOOl Donny!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Sree Di prolly doess!! πŸ˜‰ I actually never knew she lived in Chennai..i thought she lived in Mumbai!! 😳

Ooo..i need to get some of these numbers and set addresses from Sree di!! πŸ˜† If you give me them di..when i go India i'll take some interviews for u!! 😳 😳 πŸ˜†
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Forgot to say Awesomee Post Ammu!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ πŸ˜†
wowwwww she is gr8
i never thoght she would be that busy kepp up the good work diii πŸ‘
nice post amu dii
awww ahe talk to Aditya 😳
nidhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesum post ammmu πŸ‘

sree di ...take break

wot a hectic πŸ˜• ....i knw this is small part 😳
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Sree Di for doing so much for us and IF. πŸ€—

We appreciate all that u do and love u for it.

ammmu thumbnail
Ummm, I think I forgot to say that this story is just for fun, it didnt actually happen 😳 😳

Her days are like this, yes, but we just put a fun twist to it... ;) glad you all liked it!

About crushes.. welll ☺️