Ni Hao Kail-lan

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 11:43am | IP Logged

Ni Hao, Kai-lan is a play-along, think-along series that weaves together Chinese language and culture, preschool-relatable stories, and interactivity, with Kai-lan as your intimate friend and playmate!

What the Show's About
"Ni hao!" That means "hi" in Chinese--and that's how Kai-lan greets you every day! Kai-lan Chow is an exuberant Chinese-American preschooler, almost 6, who wants you to come play with her and her best friends.

Kai-lan's world is infused with Chinese culture and is brimming with magical sights and sounds, and everywhere you turn there's something amazing and beautiful to see. Along the way, she and her bilingual buddies speak in English and Chinese, but they always need kids' help to find creative solutions to the daily dilemmas that come their way!
                                                      Click to enlarge

Ni Hao, Kai-lan is the next generation of preschool television programming that introduces the psychology of biculturalism. If Dora and Diego popularized bilingualism, Kai-lan will weave together being bilingual and bicultural. Ni Hao, Kai-lan reinforces the idea that being bicultural and bilingual is being American.

The show will familiarize the viewing audience with elements of Chinese and Chinese American cultures to promote multicultural understanding in the next generation and goes beyond featuring "culture" as only ethnic food and festivals. Instead, it celebrates growing up in an intergenerational family, having friends from diverse backgrounds, and "habits of the heart" that are Chinese American.

Now I know that all of us are way past our preschool years but i wanted to share this because I thought it was cute and a great way to promote diffrent cultures besides Hispanic. Alot of people that live in America know that almost everything on labels, signs, ect. has spanish translation under it. Spanish culture is growing rapidly in America. Now this is the start of Chinese culture. Personally, I think Kail-lan is going to be Much better than Dora or Diego. Alot of jobs are going overseas to China and India. Maybe thats why they are doing this kai-lan program. So it will help little kids learn Chinese if they ever hve to go live in China Tongue ? Whatever the reason is, I just hope they make an Indian preschool program Embarrassed Like Namaste Nishi LOL This show airs in America 11:00 am Est. I know Im deff watching it WinkLOL

Source: Nickjr.

Edited by *Nishi* - 06 February 2008 at 11:44am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ni Hao Kail-lan" in Fun Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Nice information..
Thank you..

Hosanna

Goldie

Hosanna

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 1:50am | IP Logged

Nishi, ni hao?

Wa hen hao! Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.