Debate Mansion

Movies - Representation of a country (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Yes your friend is veri right.. Why would one wash their dirty linen in the public. If somebody wants to find out they are free to do so.. After all a wife doesnt introduce her husband as "Meet xyz, my husband, he snores a lot and belches like a pig, also farts a lot after meals...." LOL LOL 

There is a movie remotely similar to that "first wives club" LOL

I would rather make a 2 hour film of girls running in bikinis on juhu beach in mumbai or kalangut beach in goa... etc..may be it will go to the Cannes.. too...

LOL LOL LOL . I heard Sony has Dhoom 2 lined up for this weekend.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movies - Representation of a country (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Yes your friend is veri right.. Why would one wash their dirty linen in the public. If somebody wants to find out they are free to do so.. After all a wife doesnt introduce her husband as "Meet xyz, my husband, he snores a lot and belches like a pig, also farts a lot after meals...." LOL LOL 

There is a movie remotely similar to that "first wives club" LOL

I would rather make a 2 hour film of girls running in bikinis on juhu beach in mumbai or kalangut beach in goa... etc..may be it will go to the Cannes.. too...

LOL LOL LOL . I heard Sony has Dhoom 2 lined up for this weekend.

LOLLOLLOL

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:38pm | IP Logged

tum aur tumhare examples..LOL yes wives don't do that , may be because it is a universal truth every one knows itLOL........ok ok , don't kill me for this LOL

I would rather make a 2 hour film of girls running in bikinis on juhu beach in mumbai or kalangut beach in goa... etc..may be it will go to the Cannes.. too... and who is going to watch it LOLLOL 

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

tum aur tumhare examples..LOL yes wives don't do that , may be because it is a universal truth every one knows itLOL........ok ok , don't kill me for this Angry

I would rather make a 2 hour film of girls running in bikinis on juhu beach in mumbai or kalangut beach in goa... etc..may be it will go to the Cannes.. too... and who is going to watch it LOLLOL who watches cannes anyways they are there for getting the awards of unknown kind....LOL

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

Some days back I had a discussion on Deepa Mehta's Water with one of my friend. I like Deepa Mehta's work as a good piece of art based on social elements which infact existed in past. However my friend is not a big fan of her , according to her, movies should  show only  good picture of society , because  these days  movies are being watched all over the world and any negative representation cause a damage to the reputation of a country.

What are your thoughts? Smile

Based on topic name, No till some extend? How can movies like American desi or hyberabad blues represent a countey Ouch ... Is Africa mafia country? Is India country where economy lies in orchid dances? Is America full of leaders ? Wink Movies represents similar thought process of few but NOT to generalized... yeah but movies sure depict cultural aspects not a country as in whole. Rest is upto self to figureWink dilwale duniya ki kudiya le jayegeLOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Movie making is a art form, diff language diff countries they just want express their views n ideas....a director hav his own view to tell the stories...I think they can show different culture and way of life.......Gandhi film we all enjoyed....a englishman directed the movie....credit goes india or englend...EmbarrassedI think an art dont have any boders....if its good all will accept.Embarrassed

King kong about Kingkong movie!!TongueWink

Edited by Believe - 07 February 2008 at 4:16am

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 07 February 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Hum aapke hain kaun was a representation of shadi that i know, Tongue

as for your friends opinion of showing only good picture of society,

reminds me of that 'body' in munabhai mbbs, Wink

"show me real india","poor india" "hungry people" LOL

ab yeh batayein sabko....

*Jane*

*Jane*

Posted: 07 February 2008 at 3:51am | IP Logged

Some days back I had a discussion on Deepa Mehta's Water with one of my friend. I like Deepa Mehta's work as a good piece of art based on social elements which infact existed in past. However my friend is not a big fan of her , according to her, movies should  show only  good picture of society , because  these days  movies are being watched all over the world and any negative representation cause a damage to the reputation of a country.

What are your thoughts? Smile

I didn't know Harry Potter and the Wizarding world actually existed. *sarcasm*
Movies are unrealistic. Even the most realistic is unrealistic. They're fictional and it's a story. Media does tend to influence how others perceive them and those of similar traits but if everyone was afraid because people would take it the wrong way then there's not point to movies, IMO. I watch movies for entertainment. Watching the same goody goody nice people without any conflicts in some sort of utopia type society ain't entertainment. It's boring, IMO.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top