Kollywood Masala

Meena in Kuselan, Simran out for good! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jigglypuff726

Originally posted by meli

kamal's huge ego usually doesn't allow anyone else to share the screen space with him.LOLLOL 

LOL

Thx Meli for the article.

leena...dont forget anbe sivam...with Maddy, kadhala kadhala with prabhu deva, Kuruthipunal with arjun etcWink

Yes thats true.

I still remember a old movie with Ajith and Vijay..its good to see them coming together againBig smile

there's also Vasool Raja M.B.B.S with prabhu.Smile

meli, have you noticed that in all the films you mentioned, kamal hassan overshadowed the other hero by a whole mile? he gets the other person to play second fiddle for him, never playing it himself. so to me, it as good as not sharing screen space with anyone.LOLLOL

the old film of ajith & vijay is called Rajavin Parvayil meli.Smile ajith dies in the film though, maybe because vijay was a bigger star then the director couldn't make him die instead.LOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Meena in Kuselan, Simran out for good! (Page 2)" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suram

Originally posted by meli

kamal's huge ego usually doesn't allow anyone else to share the screen space with him.LOLLOL

leena...dont forget anbe sivam...with Maddy, kadhala kadhala with prabhu deva, Kuruthipunal with arjun etcWink

I still remember a old movie with Ajith and Vijay..its good to see them coming together againBig smile

there's also Vasool Raja M.B.B.S with prabhu.Smile

meli, have you noticed that in all the films you mentioned, kamal hassan overshadowed the other hero by a whole mile? he gets the other person to play second fiddle for him, never playing it himself. so to me, it as good as not sharing screen space with anyone.LOLLOL

the old film of ajith & vijay is called Rajavin Parvayil meli.Smile ajith dies in the film though, maybe because vijay was a bigger star then the director couldn't make him die instead.LOLLOL

Hey Leena,

Kamal is one actor who I think gives priority to roles rather than hogging the limelight...Eg:

Quite contrary Jiggs, actually. There was news all over the place a few months ago, that Kamal approached Rajini (probly with KB in tow) with a plan of them acting together in a movie to benefit Kavithalaya, b'cos they weren't doing so well financially. The movie was supposed to be directed by Maniratnam. The news was that in fact, it was Rajini who thought it was not a good idea (based on Sivajai's huge success) and turned it down for the moment.

And Ditto, ditto, ditto to everything Suram has said.

1. Sathi Leelavathi- Equal importance was given to Ramesh Arvind

If I may add, he had Kovai Sarala play his pair (which you can't imagine any other hero do for the sake of their "image" ) and gave her more than enough acting scope and she was TERRIFIC.

2. Thenali - Jayaram had an equally good role

3. Virumaandi - Pasupathi had a very powerful role.. almost equal to Kamal

You heard back then, while this movie was a "serious" contender for the national award, there were talks about the two contenders for the best actor award as well between Pasupathy and Kamal. So you can imagine the scope that was given to Pasupathy in this one. Pasupathy who had only donned the typical fomulaiac villain roles in his previous movies, was all in praise of Kamal for giving him a role equivalent to Kamal himself, which brought forth his acting potential to mainstream cinema.

In Mumbai Express as well, Pasupathy and the other actors including Vaiyapuri got a lot of scope and we saw Pasupathy in a different shade, displaying good comic timing and sense.

4. Vetri Vizaa - Prabhu had a very nice role

5. Magalir Mattum - Nasar was the main role and Kamal comes only in the last scene

Even in Anbe Sivam Madhavan had a major role and was there with Kamal almost through out the movie.

Actually after this movie was released, there were a number of Kamal fans who complained to him about more screen space given to Madhavan, than himself. Madhavan has said in several interviews that Kamal encouraged him immensely during the shooting of this film and that he is grateful that this movie brought back his career which was hitting a slump at that time.

Not many heroes are willing to act in movies where screen space is equally shared by powerful performers!!! So I think Kamal is different that way as he is not intimidated by the presence of another hero.

What I like about his movies are that the other characters are also noticable and get recognized for their performance.

Exactly!! You don't see many front-runners doing this kind of thing at all. Even Ajith when he was asked if he would do a movie with Vijay, he diplomatically said that there's no need for such a thing in Tamil movies for 2 big actors to be in the same movie, b'cos their fans expect something different from each star and their expectations cannot be fulfilled, when the stars share screen space in the same movie.

My 2 centsSmile

Now, let's make that 4 LOL

Edited by jenim - 06 February 2008 at 4:02pm

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Phew.. glad that they finally settled on a pair for Pasupathy. Meena surely looks fit enough to play a mother of 3. Big smile

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jenim

Phew.. glad that they finally settled on a pair for Pasupathy. Meena surely looks fit enough to play a mother of 3. Big smile

nakkala??LOLLOL  I heard rumours about Meena got offers to play Gopikas mum in a mallu movieWink

It should not be so diffucult to find a pair for Pasupathy, he is def a good actorSmile

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
That is why I was pissed off with Simran for wanting a big remuneration. Pasupathy is a brilliant atcor; long before he burst onto the silver screen, he was very active in theatre and dramas. He has talent.

I agree with Jenim and Suram. Kamal gives importance to his roles rather than his ego. In Hey Ram, Shahrukh Khan had a fair role too. Jayaram outacted him in Thenali. Nasser is a permanent fixture in almost all his films. Outside of the silver screen, he is also quite generous. He is the one who looked after Savithri when she became ill and destitute and cared for her until she died. He also established a drama school in Nadigar Thilagam's name after his death.

I think it is cool for Rajni and Kamal to be together after all these years. As for Ajith, Dead

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 11:49pm | IP Logged

well you guys said your 4 cents worth but to me, kamal is still an egomaniac. this was the same man who forbade barathiraja to give rajinikanth a place in the hotel the cast of '16 vaiyathinile' were staying in & rajini had to stay in some sort of a shed because of that.

and what baffles me is that he gives other people a chance to 'shine' in his films but still ends up overshadowing the other person totally. no matter what those other actors will always end up playing second fiddle to kamal hassan.LOLLOL

about nasser.. he's one of the most arrogant actors i've ever come across. he's a very talented actor but his ego & attitude.. urgh.. he & kamal hassan are two peas in a pod.

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 07 February 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Poor Meena though - from acting as Rajni's heroine in 2 (or was it 3) films - she is now acting in a secondary role. LOL

suram

Goldie

suram

Posted: 07 February 2008 at 10:51am | IP Logged

On the contrary I feel that she has a more meatier role that Nayanthara coz Nayan's role was just added for Rajini's sake (obviously the superstar cant be without a JODI!) and I am sure it would be for glamor, where as Meena as a mother of 3 kids may have more scope!!!

As Meena is a very good actress she will do full justice to it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top