UMEED-episode # 1

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

pinstripedshirt

pinstripedshirt

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Phenomenal!

The much awaited show started off on a promising note with Neena Kulkarni as the 'narrator'. We were then introduced to everyone in Umeed Bhavan. Thankfully, no there weren't any details of their unfortunate past in the first episode.

Performances were awe-insprising. Especially that of Lubna Salim. After having the Leela bhabhi-image (Baa Bahoo aur Baby) for over 2 years now, Lubna's Paroma comes as a fresh change and a very pleasant surprise.

There was a little dance sequence in the final segment where all the women were grooving to the sassy number Rukmini Rukmini from Roja, teasing a girl who's marriage is slated in 2 days.

The women performed excellently! A little seductively if I may say so!

All in all, a great start! We hope it clicks well with the audiences and wish loads of luck to the entire cast and crew of Ek Packet Umeed.

Also, a very Happy Birthday to Producer J.D. Majethia. Umeed is a beautiful present you have given us. Thank you!

Edited by pinstripedshirt - 05 February 2008 at 9:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

bruceleecrazyballANJANA-De.De-Salmanayesha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "UMEED-episode # 1" in Other Shows - NDTV Imagine forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ashi_mania

IF-Rockerz

ashi_mania

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged
The 1st epi was surely very good....n the best part abt the show is its simplicityClap.....n the way all the characters r etched out....they all have some pecularities in them......but the one who stood out the best was Lubna Salim as u pointed out Tongue....she portrays the role of an classy female really wellClap....n its surprising to see her perform so well esp after her image in Bahoo Bahu Baby

The best thing abt the show r its actors....they r all brilliant....esp Rupali....am sure she would perform this character really well

n ya Happy B'day JD Big smile

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:19pm | IP Logged

One word-AWESOME!!!

This show I think is even more promising than JJKJF.. Embarrassed Clap Clap Both Hats Off productions on NDTV Imagine seem to be rocking!! in fact all shows on this channel are rocking! Clap

Back to EPU
-Show is off to a great start...nice emotions portrayed..not a lot of comedy..but the simplicity of Hats Off and the characters make up for that

-Lubna ma'am's role is awesome..I was so surprised that her character has a bit of gray shades... LOL but she portrayes it well...

-Suchita's role and also the women playing Sundari and Maggie are laugh riots!LOL I loved the funny moments of them

-All the ladies did well even the minor characters.. Clap Clap

-Sujata-Anuj jodi looks cute...Embarrassed

-loved the 1st epi..cant wait for next tuesday Embarrassed

Edited by Tani91 - 05 February 2008 at 7:29pm

sweet_shagun

IF-Veteran Member

sweet_shagun

--

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
The show simply rocked, seriously its such a gr8 show Embarrassed Embarrassed Ilove JD's shows, i loved Rukmani Rukmani number, was cho nicely shown!!

A MUST Watch show!!

Luv,

Shagun

fire_gun

IF-Sizzlerz

fire_gun

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
rupali ganguly performence was really gud.... Smile she did very well in 1st episode....

kreya

kreya

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Ohh yes! The first episode simply delighted me!!! I loved the concept, i loved the set, i loved the actord and most of all, i loved the dance at the end of the episode!! Great actors can be good dancers too! And i totally agree that Lubna Ma'am's perfrormance was really commendable, after all its not easy to break off an image which has been stuck in people's minda for 2 years, but she managed it very well. I wish them all the best, and i hope the show will be a hit, bcoz at least for me it is a grand success!!!! Big smile Big smile

Live_N_Love

Live_N_Love

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
yes i agree with u
all of jd's shows r fab

fakira

Goldie

fakira

Posted: 08 February 2008 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Great one!

1)I liked Rupali in SVS a lot! she is as good in EPU too.

2)Like the set the most. Its same from Resham Dankh. I wish that didnt had to end like that Cry I wanted to know the suspense.

3)Great great starcast! Awesome performance by all. Nice to see Lubna and Suchitra in different images. They are not letting us down. We can except them even in that role so Clap for them.

4)It has all +points of Hats Off Production.

Hope this reaches heights of BBB

Post Reply New Post

Go to top