Debate Mansion

Sania not to play in India - Right move?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*Jaya*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Jaya*

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:08am | IP Logged

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/sania-off-indian-courts--forum-l eave-her-alone/58166-5.html

Sania Mirza has decided against palying tounaments in India as too many controversies have surrounded her ealier for her playing and non-playing actions.

As a player, is it fine to keep ones personal interests above the interests of the nation you represent?

Or

Players are humans at the end of the day too, and hence have all right to protest for dragging them to controversies all the time.

What would be your take on the issue?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sania not to play in India - Right move?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged

yes.. i would miss watching her   

She is the one where you forget about the game...LOL

I would hit out at all who criticized her...if she starts playing wearing salwar I would protest...and declare some jihad against someone, somewhere..LOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 05 February 2008 at 7:31am

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I would hit out at all who criticized her...if she starts playing wearing salwar I would protest...and declare some jihad against someone, somewhere..LOL

Applaudable honesty LOL

Tough question to answer! I think being hit around like a tennis ball alternately by fatwas and PILs has taken its toll. She is under closer and more direct scrutiny (of the local media, mullahs and public litigators) when she plays in India than when she plays abroad (although, she is always under Qwerty's scrutiny Wink). Can you imagine reaching up to serve the ball and wondering what you will be slapped with tomorrow??? Won't say it is the right decision because I believe in answering back with success, but then I am not in her shoes to really judge the gravity of the situation

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 9:04am | IP Logged
I do not agree with the move at all. As the article says it is too soft of an approach and not appropriate for such situations. At the same time I completely respect and support her decision.

I do not think it is her who has kept herself over the nation. Even though tennis is an individual sport where many players have migrated to nations with better sports systems and recognition Sania has always been "Indian". She has done her best to represent her country. Ultimately she is a young person who deserves the right to concentrate on the game than the controversy that surrounds her.

It is rather the individuals and groups who constantly harass her and embroil her in controversies, who are selfish self serving bigoted misogynist thinking of their own person myopic agendas instead of the nation or humanity as a whole.

Let's not try to drag her in another controversy when she has just opted out of others.

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I always knew qwerty is this one danger guy.  Wink LOL

@ topic- After being wraped in Indian cultural cocoon, then bordered with Islamic teachings, its expected from any such female, to wear another 3 inch long skirt.Smile

Now if her healthy body parts keep moving up and down with her short skirt, we are not gluing our eyes to the ball??? the game ? ?

Yaar agar badon ki baath sunlo, tho kiski majal fatwe, controversies banane ki...Big smile

Edited by rockstallion - 05 February 2008 at 10:51am

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 11:07am | IP Logged
While I respect her decision I don't agree with it. I don't think there has ever been any controversy for her on-court actions (except that Tiranga controversy) that too in India.

Most of her controversies have occured outside court, I blame Indian media (television) mostly for them...pata nahin kaise kaise idiots bharti kar rakhe hain channels mein.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Perfectly fine with her decision, there is a limit, She represents the country, the countrymen(and women) have a responsibility to bat for her for actions that someone makes a frivilous case about

Her dressing, where were all the "supporters" when there was a fatwa on her dressing skills, it is amazing the Maulawi's get a pass, waise tho if the Indian team loses people are more than willing to do stone throwing

Her flag thing, all the court could have done, pulled her up, told her, hey dont do this again, she is a smart girl, she made a mistake, she would have willingly apologized, but noooo had to make an issue, where was the support for her

She has not stop representing the country(yet) yeah like many she finds the country's talk and walk to be contradictory to each other, so she made the decision, live with it, its a Democracy Wink

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top