Debate Mansion

Students appearing for the boards! (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

ssammy

ssammy

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *~sneha~*

Originally posted by ssammy

Originally posted by huda_aalekh

i m in 9th rite now and i m scare about board exams because i promise my parents to secure 89% marks in SSC but can i do this?ufff that's why i m on IF and not studying because there will be no time to enjoy myself in 10th.but on other hands we must'nt be tense if we tense we don't do the things that we want.if u want to do something just jump into it don't care about results try our best and then God knows.chill guys don't be tense.if u think that u can do this u should.

hey the fact that u wont have time to be on if in class 10 in wholely wrong.

when i was in class 10,i did masti 4 the whole yr,

studied be4 my pre boards n of course was well prepared 4 my boards

n i managed to score a 92%.

so dear believe me its not that scary nor that diffcult.

Well it differs for different people...The fact is people with good learning capacity can do what you did...but for some long term preparation is indeed required..!

hey dont underestimate urself ................................u cCAN DO WHT I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not that difficult as it seems................................

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Students appearing for the boards! (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by chatbuster

i agree, studies/ work aint for everyone. thankfully, even the western economies and educational systems do just fine on the back of maybe at most 10% achievers. enuff to carry the rest of the folks around. given that, why study when someone can play a vital role filling in, free-loading and flipping burgers, no? Wink Tongue LOL

You know I would love to meet one Desi mom who boasts about her son who dropped out of high school to flip burgers, or her daughter who backpacked across Europe with her trippy hippie boyfriend attending all the rock fests and raves. That would be awesome.

i guess i must be getting bad at this.LOL but that was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Smile 

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:28pm | IP Logged

hello everyone!
I was just thinking...I am in 10th rite now..and ever since i was came into 9th i suddenly felt the pressure all on my shoulders..Tution for this Tution for that..extra classes..homeworks projects STUDIES STUDIES....not a time for breathing...uuuufffffff....but i do make it a point not to study all the time..but after a stressful day at school..WHO FEELS LIKE COMING HOME and studying?And the competition...the ranks ..marks matter so much in our education system that it has failed in the formation of children..Today...all i see children in 10th studying..STUDYING...studyin...STudying..AND STUDYING..Life aint about studying..its way more than bookish knowledge but our system doesnt give space for that kind of learning..and board exams are JUST HELL..

What is exactly wrong with it?

nothing wrong with that, but that get out of jail free card can only be used once, so use that wisely when you think you cannot get any lower marks

till then keep practising on the routine

the above is still not beleivableLOL

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:35am | IP Logged

hello everyone!
I was just thinking...I am in 10th rite now..and ever since i was came into 9th i suddenly felt the pressure all on my shoulders..Tution for this Tution for that..extra classes..homeworks projects STUDIES STUDIES....not a time for breathing...uuuufffffff....but i do make it a point not to study all the time..but after a stressful day at school..WHO FEELS LIKE COMING HOME and studying?And the competition...the ranks ..marks matter so much in our education system that it has failed in the formation of children..Today...all i see children in 10th studying..STUDYING...studyin...STudying..AND STUDYING..Life aint about studying..its way more than bookish knowledge but our system doesnt give space for that kind of learning..and board exams are JUST HELL..

What is exactly wrong with it?

I can identify with you coz even i am in the 10th. my class mates have already started taking the extra coaching classes and tutions etc etc and now they are trying to talk me into doing it!!Cry(although i always say NO whenever they offer me to come to the classes) 6 hrs u spend in school, then 3 hours of extra classes, then min. 8 hrs u need 2 sleep and now u have only 7 hrs for urself........the teachers have started giving lecture about how important it is to score in boards. the school managment has even cut down 20 days from our summer holidays and during that time they will give us extra classes in school!!!!!!!!!!CryCry At times i feel like running away........

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
i think its good to stress out.. it prepares for what the future holds.... life is always about not only withstanding stress but also shining on hte way... Smile

itsybitsy

itsybitsy

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Reminds me of my cousin in India. Whenever it is her son's exams, it seems like it is more of her exams than her son's   

Honestly, in retrospect I think I would have performed better if I was under less stress during my school and under-grad days and the subjects I prepared for without stress, I always ended up scoring more in those.

From our under-grad batch, most people who were average scorers have better jobs and are doing better in their jobs than toppers Smile

cutepri

Groupbie

cutepri

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
aww even i m scared i just gave my class 12 exams so very nervous now i m preparing for my entrance exams god i feel very scared what if i dont get admission just feels like siuciding but by suiciding i cant get anything so i just believe in my self and hope for the best and yes believe in the lord he will surely help us in our scariest times Smile Tongue

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top