Debate Mansion

Students appearing for the boards! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Theatre

Originally posted by rockstallion

Originally posted by rockstallion

Shukar Hain ke mein saare indians ki tarah nahi hoon. atleast, i work. just dont study. for me, college mon-fri. i have to keep up with all the film clubs and crap and than i have work. uggg Angry Angry Angry raat ke 3baaje tak jaagta hoon study study study...  i still have the moto "study hard, party hard" anyways, college is just awesome after studying so much Big smile. YO lets go clubbing, Yo lets go eat out, Yo lets go here, Yo lets go there     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing     Dancing

now what does that mean. exactlyErmm

im sure you know what i mean.

but the ones who do not work, will only study , and the whole year they party, so that makes only one job possible before exams - that is to study.

ab atleast exam se pehle padh lena chihiye, pura saal waise bhi here and there hi nikalta hai Smile

arent Indians stereotyped as "closet study." in many cases, university does require to be active not just be a closet study. come home and study.

well we are talking of boards here, what maters is to top, ab university mai padho, closet mein ya kitchen mein does not matter, and yes inidans are sadly stereotyped that way, but desis are active in universities, aren't they indians Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Students appearing for the boards! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *~sneha~*

hello everyone!I was just thinking...I am in 10th rite now..and ever since i was came into 9th i suddenly felt the pressure all on my shoulders..Tution for this Tution for that..extra classes..homeworks projects STUDIES STUDIES....not a time for breathing...uuuufffffff....but i do make it a point not to study all the time..but after a stressful day at school..WHO FEELS LIKE COMING HOME and studying?And the competition...the ranks ..marks matter so much in our education system that it has failed in the formation of children..Today...all i see children in 10th studying..STUDYING...studyin...STudying..AND STUDYING..Life aint about studying..its way more than bookish knowledge but our system doesnt give space for that kind of learning..and board exams are JUST HELL..What is exactly wrong with it?

I know what you mean..it's a LOT of pressure... I have friends in India who are in grade 10 and whenever I call them, they always have exams!!!board exams.. pre board exams..tuitions all the time.. god! It's crazy!!What's wrong is the education system.. it's mostly cramming stuff .... which you forget a week after the exam LOL no use!!

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 08 February 2008 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
i agree, studies/ work aint for everyone. thankfully, even the western economies and educational systems do just fine on the back of maybe at most 10% achievers. enuff to carry the rest of the folks around. given that, why study when someone can play a vital role filling in, free-loading and flipping burgers, no? Wink Tongue LOL

*Jane*

*Jane*

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 12:42am | IP Logged

hello everyone!
I was just thinking...I am in 10th rite now..and ever since i was came into 9th i suddenly felt the pressure all on my shoulders..Tution for this Tution for that..extra classes..homeworks projects STUDIES STUDIES....not a time for breathing...uuuufffffff....but i do make it a point not to study all the time..but after a stressful day at school..WHO FEELS LIKE COMING HOME and studying?And the competition...the ranks ..marks matter so much in our education system that it has failed in the formation of children..Today...all i see children in 10th studying..STUDYING...studyin...STudying..AND STUDYING..Life aint about studying..its way more than bookish knowledge but our system doesnt give space for that kind of learning..and board exams are JUST HELL..

What is exactly wrong with it?

I avoid studying as much as possible. Totally hate school. I tried to sabotage my own acceptance letter to college. That's how bad it is. hehe So I'd be the first person to say that everything is wrong with the school system, and I'm sure that I'd be completely and utterly wrong in saying so.

It's not that I'm bad in school, I do just fine but I have yet to learn much from it. 90% of what I know is what I've learned on my own and 99.9% of what I've needed so far has come from what I've learned on my own and a measly .1% has come from school. I basically just consider school to be a waste of time, money and energy that I could be using to do something a lot more productive. Then again, maybe that's just because I'm in the USA school system. Personally, though, I'm glad I don't have to go through the same system as you. I think the time when my cousin (he's way older than me) made me memorize the times table was the most traumatic experience of my life. So yeah, I'm sure the stress of doing something like that repeatedly would've driven me to do something idiotic.

Edited by *Jane* - 11 February 2008 at 12:42am

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 12:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

i agree, studies/ work aint for everyone. thankfully, even the western economies and educational systems do just fine on the back of maybe at most 10% achievers. enuff to carry the rest of the folks around. given that, why study when someone can play a vital role filling in, free-loading and flipping burgers, no? Wink Tongue LOL

You know I would love to meet one Desi mom who boasts about her son who dropped out of high school to flip burgers, or her daughter who backpacked across Europe with her trippy hippie boyfriend attending all the rock fests and raves. That would be awesome.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 12:58am | IP Logged

hello everyone!
I was just thinking...I am in 10th rite now..and ever since i was came into 9th i suddenly felt the pressure all on my shoulders..Tution for this Tution for that..extra classes..homeworks projects STUDIES STUDIES....not a time for breathing...uuuufffffff....but i do make it a point not to study all the time..but after a stressful day at school..WHO FEELS LIKE COMING HOME and studying?And the competition...the ranks ..marks matter so much in our education system that it has failed in the formation of children..Today...all i see children in 10th studying..STUDYING...studyin...STudying..AND STUDYING..Life aint about studying..its way more than bookish knowledge but our system doesnt give space for that kind of learning..and board exams are JUST HELL..

What is exactly wrong with it?

Hey Baby!!!!! Its time to enjoy the studies....try to enjoy the beauty of the subject....I'm sure you will enjoy your studies and even examsSmile..Don't get philosophical at 10th standard itself.....yes..life aint about the books itself..but first we should know what is in the books also know!Smile.....Just sacrifice your TV time, browsing time.,film time for these 2 to 3 years and the rest of the life..you can enjoy wellSmile...I mean itSmile.......10 to 12th is the most crucial time of life....books mean a lot in this time...books in the sense.....class booksSmile..later on...the fun in acheiving our goals, having a good profession makes us forget all the hardships we faced in our study time...Smile.....
So full stop to my bhasan before you say DeadAngry
Cheers,
Myth

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

WellsaidLOL

ishan2003

IF-Dazzler

ishan2003

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 7:41am | IP Logged
The education system is getting ridiculous in India. My uncle is a professor in St. Xaviers College in Calcutta, he had come to visit the University of Manchester for some conference. Then he visited me as well. He said its so much relaxed here that its like breathing a sigh of relief.

There is too much pressure...my cousin got 92% in his exams in the twelfth standard and still wasn't accepted at uni because the marks are too low. If not the pressure from parents, the pressure from schools and colleges make people paranoid.

When I studied in India I went to the International school which followed the British board, so it was easier for me when I moved here and did my A Levels.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top