TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Enough is enough:Neil Mathur

By Subhash K Jha

Legendary singer Mukesh's grand-son Neil Mathur is in an extremely angry mood. "Enough is enough! I won't be taken for granted any longer."

The provocation for this normally mild-mannered young actor's outburst is director Tigmanshu Dhulia accusing Neil of unprofessional and starry behavior.

Taking a deep breath Neil explains, "Though I've done two back-to-back films with 'Johnny' in the title I'm no Johnny-come-lately.

By the grace of God I come from family where I can live comfortably without earning a single penny all my life. Luckily for me, that's not how I want to live. I do understand my responsibilities as my father's only son, and that's why I need to be disciplined and professional in my conduct."

Sighs Neil, "The truth is Tigmanshu Dhulia was to do another film called Fame with me. I was really excited about it. He suddenly changed his mind because someone else (Suniel Shetty) was making a film on the same subject (Paparazzi).

At the eleventh hour Tigmanshu came to me saying he wanted to do another film called Good Night from 15 Feb when I didn't even have a script in my hand. I had never heard the subject…nothing! And I was supposed to say yes? Wow! This is very disturbing."

Calming down just in time the young actor seen as Ranbir Kapoor's nearest rival, confesses, "In all honesty I wanted to work with Tigmanshu. But I need time to prepare. I can't work with proposal makers.

I can't play around with my career, sorry. I won't work with a director who comes with a one-liner. If that makes me look choosy then so be it. I've struggled for many years.

My debut film Johnny Gaddar was stuck. Where was everyone when my father (singer Nitin Mukesh) and I would be crying together wondering if my first film will ever be completed!"

Neil says the early struggle has matured him. "If I choose my roles correctly am I being unprofessional and starry? Acting is something I'm passionate about. Even if I'm running a high fever I forget about it once the camera is switched on."

Neil is excited about the film he'll be doing with Madhur Bhandarkar. "We've been discussing the idea for a long time. I like to be on board from the outset. I like to watch the film evolve from scratch. We'll start the film as soon as he finishes making Fashion."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=18796

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aww i feel sry 4 him he such a gr8 actor i just loved him in jhonny gaddar
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hmm...i dont know which director that is but he sounds weird ... 😆
all the best to neil 😳
sneha_2100 thumbnail
I never knew Neil struggled so much in his life.

Im so glad that he finally has got his break and he was awesome in Johnny Gaddar.

I wish him all the best from the bottom of my heart and im sure he will go a long way.

He is a sweetheart.
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I went to see Johnny Gaddar very reluctantly since the title sounded like some typical Bollywood meaningless shotout crap. However I must say, I had to eat crow at the end of the film, and this is the first time I enjoyed the taste of crow. The movie was amazing and everyone in it played their parts just perfectly, including Dharampaaji. Neil was the surprise package. Hope he continues to stay choosy in his choice of films. 👏

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I hope he will make it big..coz he is not only handsome but also very talented! 👏
Hai der Neil
You need to go out with me

k thnx