TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

sance

http://www.psy.herts.ac.uk/wiseman/images/seance.jpg

A sance is a spiritualist meeting to receive communications from the dead.

Usually, a group is led by a medium in a very dark room (to make deception easier) who, often with an assistant, produces noises and voices, and moves things about the room, insisting these are caused by spirits of the dead.

Spirit boards, also known as talking boards, or Ouija boards (after a well known brand name) are flat tablets, typically made of wood, chipboard, or plastic and are used for a seance!! On the board are a number of symbols, pictures, letters, numbers and/or words. The board is accompanied by a planchette (French for "little table"), which can take the form of a pointer on three legs or magnifying glass on legs; home made boards may employ a shot glass as a planchette.

One to all of the participants in the sance place one or two fingers on the planchette which is in the middle of the board. The appointed medium asks questions of the spirit(s) with whom they are attempting to communicate.

I'm sure u must have seen a seance nah> maybe in movies, soaps etc..?

Or have u ever participated in a seance...?

Love,
Gracella

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Well i forgot to include my views...

well i have seen people performing a seance...but only in movies/serials etc..not in real world

i would never do it..coz u never know what if something goes wrong and you call over another person

*will come back to this*

Love,
Gracella
shijhu thumbnail
great topic gracie yes i have heard abt seance buit never experienced it myself n wud never try dat cuz i am a very darpok type of person 😆
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
😆 😆 darpok type of person..how funny to say that jhum 😆 😆

but u know even i would be too scared to do it 😆 😆
friend_125 thumbnail
yes i have also seen ppl performing seance in movies...
but i also know some real life incidents where ppl do that in reality also..the method may be bit diffrent....but the moto was same.i.e.to call spirits..
but one n no-one sould do such things.its wrong to call spirits like this..
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: friend_125

yes i have also seen ppl performing seance in movies...
but i also know some real life incidents where ppl do that in reality also..the method may be bit diffrent....but the moto was same.i.e.to call spirits..
but one n no-one sould do such things.its wrong to call spirits like this..

i agree hun...no one should do it yaar....coz it can become dangerous nah

*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yea I have seen it in movies only...but yea I agree with u...will neevr ever do it myself...am too scared to take such risks
btw very good topic jee 👏
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: *~Sapna~*

yea I have seen it in movies only...but yea I agree with u...will neevr ever do it myself...am too scared to take such risks
btw very good topic jee 👏

Thankoo ji😳
and yep that's the word..Risk

you can't afford to take the risk nah to get into more trouble by calling spirits etc
-Pinky- thumbnail
^whoaa nisha are you serious??you ACTUALLY did it??can u elaborate on ur experience?did u actually see it?

i have never tried it only seen on tv..
its very very scary. noone should mess with nature... once a person is dead... thats it... calling the spirit back is like inviting your death!!
one time when i was a kid, there were these rumours about doing the same thing, calling the spirit in a different way...with pencils.. i can't explain it.. i don't even remember how to do it but u have to get like 12 pencils, unsharpened n u need 2 people.. then u just move the move pencils around n then the spirit comes n if its a yes the pencils would move inwards or outwards or something 😆 n me and my cousins tried it.. it didn't work 😆we knew it wasn't going to work.. we were just having fun.. but my bro took it a bit too seriously.. the pencils moved, but it was no spirit..it was the wind.. 😆 hes always been the one who gets scared easily.. it was hilarious watching him freak out...😆
but i would never try something as serious as that..

very interesting topic Gracy, as usual!! 😳    
Yea i have heard about it and i have done a presentation on ouija board during my college days. And this is very dangerous to do. Personally i would never do it...The most dangerous thing is when u call the spirits they do come and sometimes they don't go.. 😕