Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vulgarity in music video songs (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angeleyes 2

Yeah I watch english movies with my parents n if u haven't watch the latest hindi movies u should watch that, it ALWAYS have some sex scene in itOuchnow from wat I know when people do those those stuff its PRIVATE.

That is bullshit...hilarious! ROFL Can you name some hindi movies that have such scenes? LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Considering that we are discussing 'vulgarity' in music videos I am curious to know what is defined by vulgar. In my opinion Indian music videos have changed, in some aspects westernized. However, I fail to see them as being vulgar and departing from our culture. A little bit of skin show, some insinuation and subtext are quite harmless. A kiss, a touch, a hug, such things are completely harmless.

There is still a very distinctive Indian flair to music videos from India. Traditional/folk music and dance still continue to form the base of the Indian music scene. There maybe electronic beats added or modern instruments and styles brought in but the elements are very Indian.

I am curious to know what exactly is vulgar to people in Indian music videos. Personally, I do not find myself feeling embarrassed by any video. Pelvic thrusts and gyrations are just a dance move and absolutely tame compared to the western counterparts we are comparing them too. Even scenes of romantic intimacy in Indian videos are extremely aesthetically done. In the end a little titillation never harmed anyone. When you got it, flaunt it. There is a big difference between harmless titillation and vulgar exposure.

On the other hand some western music videos and songs simply make me gag. Like the latest craze in the United States. Crank That by Soulja Boy. I mean there are eight year old kids singing 'Superman that ho'. Do they even know what it means!!! There are songs with excessive amounts of grinding, a lot more sexual innuendo a lot more skin. There are songs done crudely where sex becomes the selling point of the song and everything is lost.

Now I am not saying that all Western Videos are crude and bad. There have been some really good ones, which will take too long to list my favorites.

In the end Music Video was added to convey another layer of depth to the song. The dancing performance and outfits were always conveyed in the concerts. A good music video adds complexity to the song, it gives the song a story, it makes the song into an enigma, it portrays a message through aesthetic symbolism. A good music video is not dependent on if the song is rated R or PG 13. No one wants a performance video. And even fads are cool for only so long - the emo and romance has become gagworthy now.

For example 'Sexy Back' by Justin Timberlake is a song filled with sexual innuendo. The video is titillating sexy and mildly scandalous. However, it is really brilliantly done. 'Sexy' had really gone missing from the American video scene. Sexy thong, Sexy booty and Sexy whatever were not sexy at all. Justin really brought 'sexy' back. In an industry dominated with ghetto rap videos with sweaty guys singing about ass and booty, he came in with his suave secret agent style and told clearly that 'them other boys dont know how to act'. For all the sex factor, a brilliant video.

Similarly Bushido's Vendatta is master craft in video making. The usage of red colorization (the red roses, the red blood, the red lingerie, writing of Vendetta in red) in a black and white video is just brilliant. Yes there is a high amount of sexual titillation, it is for commercial purpose. However, if you focus on the sexuality you miss the overall value of the video. Similarly in Enigma's 'Gravity of Love' the video is shot in a very vintage style. The part goers at the masquerade ball are having one sexual escapade after another. However, listen to the lyrics of the song with the movement of the video. It is just a symbolic depiction of human nature and the never satiated human psyche.

And you know what is more brilliant - All the 'Sexy Back' Snape fan videos. Snape's L'Oreal hair is definitely bringing sexy back.

And now I no longer remember what my point was.

Edited by return_to_hades - 05 February 2008 at 11:51pm

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Yeah I watch english movies with my parents n if u haven't watch the latest hindi movies u should watch that, it ALWAYS have some sex scene in itOuchnow from wat I know when people do those those stuff its PRIVATE.

That is bullshit...hilarious! ROFL Can you name some hindi movies that have such scenes? LOL

Deepak jiTongue

May be angel is referrring to movies like:

Train(EMran Hashimi and co)

Murder(Emran Hashimi and Co)

Kalyug etal

.......so many other films which have "budding actors " budding actressess" in them performing without any leaps and boundsTongue

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

This is the era when video cds have gained popularity more over movie songs.

Vulgarity in movie song at times could be defended as stating demand of the plot (lame excuse most of the time). But prolonging the vulgar scenes and copyiing western styles of music video, is it the right way to enjoy the music. Are we not moving too fast twords westernization? Is there any mid way where we donot destroy our  music and yet enjoy all east west blends.

We always crib for the music we hear as akid. Is our generation going to  feel same way when they grow old. Is this the right way to call our self modern and are these the right traits we are giving to our generation in the name of the music?

Is the vulgarity really required in Music Video. Have we lost taste of good music that we need such videos to keep the interest in music alive ?

Nice topic Lata jiClap

To be frank there is no necessity of any video for an audio. The main focus of the people is "Making the song sticky in the minds of people" ..only then it becomes a hit. People use various tricks,measures to make that song stick in the minds of people. Earlier they used "slowly dancing actors"..later" actors running in trees and pools in Phoren locations"..now as all the options are explored " they are proceeding with the idea of shunning the clothes" which are acting as barriers in their successTongue

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Deepak jiTongue

Train(EMran Hashimi and co)---Realy myth!!!Tongue....I miss that film lolLOLWink

Murder(Emran Hashimi and Co)--soft po*n scenes thereWink

Kalyug etal--boreDead

.......so many other films which have "budding actors " budding actressess" in them performing without any leaps and boundsTongue

But music vedios n Movies have lot of different there.....M-vdo's telecaste 24/7 in TV....but movies are different its a 2 hr entertainment ...they may be show one or two scenes depend upon the stories ..no probs...Embarrassed

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rockstallion

Interesting topicClap

Bollywood have lost decency a long time ago!

Its a disgrace to watch movies with family members esp grand parents n parents.Honestly speaking, I can sit and watch many english movies with my family but not hindiOuch so where is "Indian Culture" ?

If they want to be westernized y can't they just rate the songs and movies like Hollywood does?

Indian's are said to be the most respected people in the world, now with all that vulgar videos and movies who will respect them????

They can't be expecting children of 5-8 years to be watching them disgracing them selfOuchwhen they ask questions who will answer them?Ouch

Lets not forget big producers such as Yash Johar, and Yash Chopra don't have dirty scenes in the movies perhaps only kissing but u don't actually see them, and almost all their Movies are "BIG HIT" compare to now.

so where is "Indian Culture"??

When they recieve awards the first thing that comes out is "INDIAN CULTURE", were they showing any culture when making such indecent movies and scenes??Ouch

whoa whoa whoa, hold it! Wacko

English movies, ?  ? ? and watch with parents....????.Shocked Ouch

because leave aside their movies, even teleshows, are not worth seeing with familiy. that reminds me , long ago as a kid when i watched 'Everybody loves Raymond', raymond and debra would do all the vulgur in the world, and mom would get pink and yellow to switch channels and that was supposed to be a family comedy. so are u sure you watched hollywood movies. Confused

and moreover guess we are comparing our culture, that is indian culture to vulgarity on music videos. not indian vulgarity vs english LOL

and i agree we are crossing limits, magar yaar kuch bhi mat bolo, hosla rakho did not beat english vulgarity yet, delhi abhi dur hai. Wink Big smile 

and yaar if u can manage 5 mins intense kissing (all the time before the endWink)in english movies, then might as well watch some trailor here also.....no big deal. or dont watch no big deal either.....Indian culture can be picked from other mediums as well...

Now lets not forget in the pop videos they r rappingOuchLOLOuch

n its kinda up to me whether I want to watch bollywood disgracing them self or notSmile it was my opinion to state wat I feel about them, u don't have to watch hollywoold movies either it can pick up other audience tooWink

arey chad yaar.

tusi jo dekna hai dekho  Embarrassed

asi jo dekhna hai dekhengey, bolywood,hollywood,lollywood ..Big smile

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 06 February 2008 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Deepak jiTongue

Train(EMran Hashimi and co)

Murder(Emran Hashimi and Co)

Kalyug etal

She is saying all latest hindi movies have such scenes which is bullshit..LOL

But how many such movies are produced? And most of such movies sink without trace at the box office..koi dekhta hi nahin hai...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top