Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 9:56am | IP Logged

Hi buddies,

It looks like soon Chetan & Devdarshani might sign in here to join us all.

I will let you all know as soon as this is finalised.....

Meantime you all make your welcome message for them..........

Chetan & Devdarshani On behalf of Tamil Section of India-forums.com I welcome you both to our forum. Hope to see you both as often as possible for you. I watch  Athipookal regularly and you both are doing great in this serial.

Edited by atina - 03 February 2008 at 10:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Good News..Cheten & Devdarshani fans" in Thirumathi Selvam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged

I found an interesting article about Chetan and DD ( Hindu News Paper) by MALATHI RANGARAJAN. Here it is for you all.....

Double impact THAT WAS the first time the Indian Television Academy, Mumbai, began to consider serials from the South for its awards and Chetan was adjudged the best for his role in "En Peyar Ranganayaki." It happened two years ago but it did not gain the media attention it deserved. "The function was a gala event with a galaxy of Mumbai stars present at the venue," Chetan recollects. Chetan's portrayal in the happening mega "Metti Oli," and "Aadugiraan Kannan" and "Rudra Veenai" continues to prove his mettle. His role in the first has several shades to it, he is a soft person in the second and plays an offbeat character in the last. "But I liked him most in "Kaveri," where he played an underworld don," says wife Devadarshini. A TV star with immense potential and a pleasing demeanour, Devadarshini is slowly gaining a foothold in films, with character roles. When Chetan says that no worthwhile offers came from cinema and he's happy with his lot on the small screen, he sounds genuine. "I don't believe in gimmickry and odd get-ups. I prefer the realistic roles that come my way in television," he adds.
Chetan is quite choosy and prefers not to take on too much work. Wary of over-exposure and wanting to spend more time with the family that now has a new entrant four-month-old daughter Niyati are the reasons. Not many know that Chetan is a singer too. He had a music troupe when he was in Bangalore and has sung the title track for the serial, "Rukku Rukku Rukkumani," and also for a Kannada film. So how much time does he devote to honing the skill these days? "Not much," he confesses, as Devadarshini says, "His mother and I keep telling him that his music talent should not go waste and that he should get back to it again."
Devadarshini has just begun work after a temporary break because of the baby. The actress who came out with a splendid comedy role opposite Vivek in the film, "Parthiban Kanavu" has not been seen in light-hearted roles after that. It was more serious stuff that you witnessed in "Unakku 20 ... " and in "Kadhal Kirukkan." "I am doing a light role again with Ramesh Kanna in 'Uyir Ezhuthu' and that's about it." Basically, Devadarshini does not want to be typecast as a comedienne. "Only after marriage have I started doing movies. My role in a film would involve only about four or five days work in a month. The rest of the time I intend concentrating on television. And when I am doing mostly serious roles for TV, too much of comedy in cinema could affect the impact that my small screen roles make. All said and done television is my mainstay ."

"More than in "Parthiban Kanavu" I liked her comedy in the television serial, "Ramani Vs. Ramani," says Chetan. And as each talks about the other's talent and commitment you realise that you are talking to a strong mutual admiration society that loves to list the plusses of each other.

Edited by atina - 03 February 2008 at 10:08am

rojapoooo

rojapoooo

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Welcome Mrs and Mr. Chetan. You both look good
in Athipookkal. Hope you enjoy your time in this
Forum as much as we do Big smile

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Warm welcome Mr and Mrs Chetan.
As Roja akka said both your acting
are good in Athipookal. Looking
forward to your participation in
this forum. Thanks Kavitha Ravi.

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Shocked Shocked Really atina? A big Hug Hug Hug for you dear Embarrassed

Devadharshini and cheeta is my husband fav couple. He will be happy to see this couple joining us here LOL

A big welcome to both of you folks!!!! Embarrassed

Edited by netra_rama - 04 February 2008 at 1:04am

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
OMG! I cannot believe this. Wow they are my favourite couple with really brilliant acting and they have talent.

Welcome to the forums guys.

bluegal

Goldie

bluegal

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
wow, am eagerly expecting the lovely couple! Clap

i want to ask dd about the dreams serial too hehe Big smile

Sue Nair

IF-Rockerz

Sue Nair

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Looking forward to seeing the great couple - "Speaker Poo" and hubby Chetan bhai. Clap

I managed to see Athipookal only twice coz its aired here in Malaysia in mornings when most of us are at work. I think its a great serial and its so beautiful to see you both working together...while in Laxshmi your paths didn't cross at all till to date..!! Smile

Thanks Atina for putting up a great effort in trying to bring this pleasant couple to join our Forum...Clap

Edited by Sue Nair - 05 February 2008 at 7:48am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.