bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Sharmii

Yeah call him Back and then rest him for the 2 matches. Ouch
I mean why not...this whole ping pong game on him is so not funny. Ouch

No need to call him back..........lot of other good players there...........Embarrassed

Gambir/uttapa/youvi etc etc all are allrounders.......Hope they can do better in forthcomming matches..Embarrassed

Gambhir is tu chal mein aya player. Uttapa has been one big zilch. Yuvi has bad knees. You still believe in them huhConfused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should Ganguly be recalled (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kool Ahmed

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

Originally posted by Kool Ahmed

Well not quite cricket, but the NY Giants won the Superbowl against the almighty New England Patriots. I am celebrating with the underdog winning team for a change.  

Are you considering that if India wins it will be same headline for you(in redWink)..

Ahmedbhai against Australia every cricket playing team is an underdog, and I always root for them underdogs. However the celebrations are few and far betweenWink

actaully i disagree....

its more like mental set up.. i agree Aussi's are good at any form

lekin ,To beat Aussi's one has to be Mental strong too.... jo hamare Players mein nahi hai..they rather see australian beer with much concentration then Bret lee's in swingers.

Ahmedbhai Foster's toh India mein bhi milta hainWink  Lekin hah Bret Lee keh in swingers peh inn players neh poori tarah seh gaur nahi kiya hain naa qabu. Indian players bilawajeh hamesh bahut jaldi mein kheltay hain.

Ganguly aur Dravid sooch kur balleybaji kurtay thay, joh yeh subb nahi kartay. Wakaimein Ganguly koh wapas bulana chahiyeh, taakeh yeh subb naye bacchey unseh kuch sikhay.

Edited by bunbutt_too - 04 February 2008 at 2:43am

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 3:11am | IP Logged
I bet if Ganguly is called back then this will be his last international series. Smile
Else if
they give a call he may tell i am not pysically fit for this series. Wink

Edited by Kool Ahmed - 04 February 2008 at 3:12am

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 3:23am | IP Logged
I thought he was upset when he found out that he had been dropped from the ODI team. But maybe now he has got busy with the new SRK owned Kolkatta team. Wink He was going to be made captain of that team right?

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 4:16am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Sharmii

Yeah call him Back and then rest him for the 2 matches. Ouch
I mean why not...this whole ping pong game on him is so not funny. Ouch

No need to call him back..........lot of other good players there...........Embarrassed

Gambir/uttapa/youvi etc etc all are allrounders.......Hope they can do better in forthcomming matches..Embarrassed

Gambhir is tu chal mein aya player. Uttapa has been one big zilch. Yuvi has bad knees. You still believe in them huhConfused

Gambhir is a good player......tu chal main thodi aaya woConfusedEmbarrassed...last T-20 main u dont see Gambhir/utapas performance....about youvi...hope he can do better next game....always +ve buddy...EmbarrassedSmile

Dada is good player....not now...b4.....sur acha hey tho gana band karana chahiye....so better he take retirement....Embarrassed

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Maybe todays ODI vs Sri Lanka will give the selectors proof of their blunder or not re Dada. However the weather there is already threatening to wash everything away.  So Team India can count on mother nature to come to the rescue.Wink

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 9:44pm | IP Logged

News

'Race row good for promotion of cricket'

TNN / Vinay Nayudu

BRISBANE, February 4: It may sound weird but former Australia captain Mark Taylor says the Harbhajan Singh-Andrew Symonds controversy is good for the promotion of cricket, at least in the short term.

Taylor, who took over from Allan Border as Australia skipper in the late 1990s and groomed Steven Waugh under his wings, these days commentates for Channel Nine. He says people like him like to talk about the rift on TV and feels that the saga will end up in bringing new fans to cricket.

''I guess it's detrimental in the short term but there's no doubt that controversy breeds news and people like me talk about it on TV. That is a promotion for the game and you could say maybe not the right promotion but it does promote the game. Hopefully in the long term it will bring more new spectators to the game and they'll stay with the game,'' the 43-year-old, who played 104 Tests for Australia, told TOI .

Respected for shaping the transition of the Australian team into what it is today, Taylor is also impressed with India's policy of picking youngsters. ''I like that India are picking some young guys. Rohit Sharma to me looks a fine player. If India can give the young lot about four-five years of international experience they can become and unbeatable side.

''Of course, there are some advantages and disadvantages in there but you got to be patient. If they let them learn the competitive side of international cricket and persist with these players they'll soon have a class side. The key to me is that most of the young Indian players are in the 22-25 age bracket, unlike Australia, where the players are not getting a chance to make the team till they are 29 or 30.''

Dhoni's leadership also came in for some praise from Taylor: ''I don't think he's struggling, in fact he's doing well by changing his game to the demands of the situation. I think he's got a good head on young shoulders.''

Taylor is being touted as the man to become the next chairman of Cricket Australia, but he denied it. ''I can tell you that Jack Clarke will be the next chairman of Cricket Australia and he won't be challenged by me,'' he said, "The speculation is possibly because I am on the CA board and at this time people do start speculating." 

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Race_row_good_for_promotion_of _cricket/articleshow/2756893.cms

Post Reply New Post

Go to top