Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 1:38pm | IP Logged

After Team India's lousy performance in the recent 20/20 match it is amply clear that the "Younger Players" mantra and experiment is going to prove costly. Of course in fairness, it must be pointed out that both Sachin and Yuvraj were not in the game. 

Ganguly or for that matter Dravid are average fielders, however they have done well with their bats. From the look of things in the 20/20 match Team India could certainly have used a little exerience on the filed. I think Ganguly and Dravid should be recalled otherwise the hand writing is already on the walls.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should Ganguly be recalled" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Whatever the selections were made, were made...I guess it is too late to make any remedies and too early to judge the present team...I am sure they will rebuff and play well to their strengths...

The 1st one day of the CB series has just started and despite losing both the openers, India is not bad at 76/2 in 16 overs...Ermm

Kool Ahmed

IF-Rockerz

Kool Ahmed

-

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 11:03pm | IP Logged

Its late to call him now... if they call it will be like a huge pressure on himSmile

Firstly Dhoni Showed lots of (over) confidence, which is not at all good. Coz this series is not like any normal one its more a reputation one for india.. To play against Aussi in there home land you need to  have Experience...Its good to bring Youngsters lekin not all at one time..

Laxman is considered as a test batsman lekin i think he should have been in the team..

i feel after getting away from racial comments issue indian were relax and were feeling like they have beaten australia in every form..but they need to realize few point i.e. you were the one who kept mum even you abused him. if he was given clean chit from every thing then it was more like a victory.. chalo khair...

128/6 (36.0 ov) but this is something good with new players, i was expecting some thing more hurting

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 11:42pm | IP Logged

The rain is a blessing of sorts. At least it has stopped the bleeding for a bit. However it appears that real dark clouds have accumulated over Team India. It is great to give the young players a chance given the fact that Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar are close to retirement. However this surgical procedure by the selectors seems rather drastic in hind sight.

Sachin's mental error in todays game was the cherry on the pie. Rakshaji is it really too late to make corrections to the team? I mean is the team set in stone now? If yes, then that is too bad for Team India. What has blown me away is M.S. Dhone. Unkoh toh pooreh Bengal kih budd dua aur hai lagee hogiOuch 

You are right Ahmedbhai it certainly appears that he has become too big for his britches. Wouldn't it have been better to let Australia bat first? Historically India has been better at chasing a score, and after the 20/20 disaster it  might have been worth trying something different. Damn this game is going to fire up the Sri Lankan team as wellUnhappy  Oh well 

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Thank you raingods you saved the day for Team India.Wink  BCCI Bring back Ganguli and The Wall.Angry

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bunbutt_too

Thank you raingods you saved the day for Team India.Wink  BCCI Bring back Ganguli and The Wall.Angry

You are right...Thank God!!!D'oh...

BBji, I would love them to bring back Ganguly for sure...But do you really think its a possibility at this juncture???And in fact like kool Ahmed was saying, it would be a lot of pressure on Ganguly and for all we know, he may just fall flatly on his face with that kind of pressure on his head...Confused..In any which way, bringing back Ganguly is a loose-loose option right now...Ouch

BTW, hats off to Gilchrist for the exhibition of true sportsmanship...Clap...

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Well not quite cricket, but the NY Giants won the Superbowl against the almighty New England Patriots. I am celebrating with the underdog winning team for a change. 

Edited by bunbutt_too - 03 February 2008 at 8:36pm

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Well, I am completely a Superbowl illiterate...Just 3-4 days back only I got to know that today was supposed to be the super bowl...In the gym today, everybody was wearing those superbowl T-shirts and I was like WackoLOL...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top