Posted: 16 years ago

Sure he can go charcoal his lungs, that's his issue.

*sighs* Kids are easily influenced aren't they? What is it that one needs to drum into their heads that things that hurt them physically is bad for them?

if he wants to smoke like a chimney, let him, he doesnt know what hurting him. Smoking to much can lead to an early death
Originally posted by angad's_fan

It's my life & I'll smoke: SRK

Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss' appeal to movie stars not to smoke on screen as it encourages the youth to pick up the cancerous habit has been rejected by superstar Shah Rukh Khan.

Ramadoss recently appealed to matinee idols Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan to stop smoking in movies. However, King Khan Sunday rejected the appeal, saying cinema was all about creative freedom and it should not be curbed by censorships.

'I think there is a huge amount of creative freedom and in the field of art and cinema we should be allowed that. One should not go around picking on little things - because that's just cinema, its make believe and we should not have huge censorship on that,' Shah Rukh was quoted as saying.

'I wish Ramadoss prays that I stop smoking in real life because that's worse. In movies, we just do it for make-believe,' Shah Rukh added.

But the health minister begs to differ. 'The movies are most responsible (for encouraging smoking).

When I said movies should not have smoking scenes, we have statistics to show that 52 percent of children have their first puff of a cigarette because of movie celebrities,' the minister told a private news channel.

He was also critical of Shah Rukh for smoking at a cricket match.

Sources close to the actor say he is an incorrigible smoker. The 'Chak De! India' star says those who want him to stop smoking will have to make smoking illegal so that he can be penalised.

'Tell me how many people you have sued in the last two years for smoking in public. I would like to know the number. I feel very bad that I am an icon for the youth and I have a bad habit,' Shah Rukh said.

'I would like to tell people not to do it, but having said that, it is my life, if you want me to change it then make it illegal. I don't do drugs; I don't drink, I don't run red lights; I don't do anything that is illegal,' the actor told a newspaper last year before his birthday.

This is Shah Rukh just being stupid.  Hollywood actors don't smoke on screen.....in the olden days they used but it's seldom done now.  It's very factual that kids take a first puff after seeing their favourite and adored celebrity smoke on screen.  It would be helping the kids set better lifestyles for them selves.  You can't be a part time role model....SRK can smoke in her personal and private life, but there is absolutely no need for a smoking scene in a movie as it does nothing to help the movie along.

Thanks,

Soni

Edited by soni2004 - 16 years ago
Originally posted by samir_soni

[quote]...appeal to movie stars not to smoke on screen as it encourages the youth to pick up the cancerous habit....[/quote]

Ummm....
Don't show kisses caz the youth may learn kissing  does not lead not lung cancer and does not produce second smoke that can harm those around you as if they are smoking themselves.
Don't show skin caz the youth may look at their bodies. see red above
Don't show race cars caz the youth may rush drive. see red in above
Don't show husband and wife caz the youth may think about sex. see red in above
Don't show kids caz the youth may end up having kids???? see red in above.

Why make movies at all if it does not show the real world????

Originally posted by soni2004

BTW samir_soni I completely agree with you on that last line. As the ptb and the like would say "We're not influencing the world through media. Media is being influenced by the world." ๐Ÿ˜ƒ