Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 06 September 2005 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Its important to have a school uniform , for various reasons : 1) Kids aren't meant to show creativity through dress while at school - concentrate on creativity through academic means 2) Its important that kids all learn that they must treat there school fellows all equally - not make judgements on persons economic levels - or dress sense.
3) There won't be a way to draw the line between whats acceptable and whats not on levels of decency !!

School can be a very harsh ground ,and school kids can be realy mean to each other . Kids get bullied all the time about dress sense, or they aren't wearing whats in fashion. It puts a unneccesary pressure on the kid to blend in with the hip and happening crowd , irrespective of whether the parents can provide for the child or not .

Uniform should be all the way through school . You will get the rest of your life to make a fashion statement , !!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "School Uniforms... (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mauritian

Goldie

Mauritian

Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by indygirl

Its important to have a school uniform , for various reasons : 1) Kids aren't meant to show creativity through dress while at school - concentrate on creativity through academic means 2) Its important that kids all learn that they must treat there school fellows all equally - not make judgements on persons economic levels - or dress sense.
3) There won't be a way to draw the line between whats acceptable and whats not on levels of decency !!

School can be a very harsh ground ,and school kids can be realy mean to each other . Kids get bullied all the time about dress sense, or they aren't wearing whats in fashion. It puts a unneccesary pressure on the kid to blend in with the hip and happening crowd , irrespective of whether the parents can provide for the child or not .

Uniform should be all the way through school . You will get the rest of your life to make a fashion statement , !!

well saidClap

i would like to add that its true that some 'students' like to emphasise on their creative side and on their individuality through the clothes they wear but on the other hand wearing any uniform means being associated to a institution. This can often be a source of pride ...one gets a sense of belonging... i often like to remind students of army generals and other personal who definitely do not get upset about their uniform. it is their priviledge to be in it and it could mean the same to the students. they should stop thinking about themselves and think of the institution to which they belong. there the 'uni'-'form' actually acts as a 'unifier' and 'equaliser'. i think this is an important ritual before the learning experience can start....

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
yh there creative stylke doesn't need to be shown throguht their dress snese. it can be shown through thier school work.

ronit13

Goldie

ronit13

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 9:22am | IP Logged
i think school uniforms should be banned i hate those white and blue uniforms Dead

bkeero

IF-Dazzler

bkeero

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
I think that they should have uniforms in high school. Today there is so much pressure as to what's in/out and not everyone can or are allowed to wear certain things.

It makes life a lot easier so you don't feel peer pressure when everyone dresses the same.

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
o.k i agree that sum uniform look very stupid. but sum of them don;t look that bad and are smart and nice.

fatty1

Goldie

fatty1

Posted: 09 September 2005 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Big smile

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 10 September 2005 at 7:35am | IP Logged
I think school uniforms bring in equality sudying in Shimla and staying in the hostel I had to wear uniform practically the whole day except when going to bed, I awaited eagerly for holidays . But u know, if u bunk school u can be easily stopped in a uniform this is the drawback. LOL Otherwise grat fun. Now in college , I like the idea of wearing anything and everything. signora2

Post Reply New Post

Go to top