Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 04 September 2005 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

Faisal Qazi

www.mag4you.netThe Behriya Auditorium hall was ringing with laughter and rapturous applause as I ascended the stairs. As soon as I was conscious of the murmurs of appreciation from the people sitting next to me? The humorous young chap in 3 piece threads was providing them the best medicine no prescriptions can recommended. He is Faisal Qazi, a fellow gifted with an innovative sense of humor and a corny funny bone. Unlike most of the funsters in this field, he is soft-spoken, decent and armed with the gassiest punch lines you may have heard on stage for a long time.

"I was much taken by the decency and dignity that was the part and parcel of Moin Akhtar's performance on stage. His act was inspiring and I liked the way Moin sahib kept his style away from cheap jokes and unsavory words. Moin saw me at one of his show and appreciated me a lot and when I had performed and got a good response from the audience, "Moin came on stage and said, this boy has definite talent and his performance brought back the memories of my early years in showbiz. I recalled Moin Akhtar 25 years back" Faisal's jokes on stage have caught the crowd's fancy because they are mostly derived from the current events, and the thought or concept behind his jokes are not just for an instant fun which one would forget the moment he steps out of the hall. His fun lines always encompass the actual happenings around you. He hardly ever lifts jokes from foreign periodicals or magazines and his delivery of those original jokes make them even funnier. The gently appreciates him due to his decency and even the unruly crowds have come to recognize him as a comic who would not descend into notorious punch lines.

Faisal was specially noted on television after he was cast in Manzoor Qureshi's Hi Jaidi,. His funny role brought him instant recognition. It was to Athar Shah Khan; s credit that he saw a spark and wit in this young man and employed him to bring him lots of cheers. Although he had lesser scenes in the serial, he did impress the viewers.

In the earlier phase of his career, he got big banner shows from Fareed Khan, Shukat Rizvi, Lawrence, Shahzad Haidry etc. "Moin Akhtar supported me throughout and encouraged me everywhere," Faisal said, "He took me to Qasim Jalali and said this young fellow is good enough to compare and do skits in PTV License Show Live. So, I did it with Moin and then Comedy Club. Now, I have become a known face on TV, after Hi Jaidi."

Life, for me, is my past. People go after the future. I do too, but I have saved my past in a corner of my mind and it's always there to remind me of it. I have been working from a young age, since my parents separated. It was a disturbing period affecting my studies, and I went into showbiz leaving them incomplete. But I had a tough time there too and went through trying phases to get to where I am today. During this time I also decided that I should continue my studies from where I left off. The time from 1988 to '93 was full of problems. Moin Akhtar and others helped in getting me a foothold in the business.

In 1994 Ather Shah Khan called me for 'Hai Jeddi' in which I played the main role. That's where I got my break from. Then I did 'Club 95' for STN. It was 'Such Much' with its 165 episodes that brought me fame running on PTV, ARY and now back on PTV.

My decency has hurt me the most. As a stand-up comedian, I avoided vulgarity and got nowhere. But the funny thing is that what helped in the end was this decency. I am basically an actor who is also an entertainer. I got my fame after I acted. When I was a comedian I didn't get the break that I got after acting. I believe in comedy, people can remember and smile when they recall afterwards. Comedy with taste is important, farce isn't. What helps you in the end is standard comedy. I don't like to put people down just to get a few laughs.

There are different types of comedies. There is action comedy, there is facial comedy and there is observational comedy - what you see and portray in your surroundings. Also situational comedy comes with your observation while you are performing.

I can't stand dual attitudes - something else before you and something else behind you. People who show that they love you but are actually your worst enemy are very dangerous. If I had a magic wand, 'jadoo ki chari' I would obliterate this ambiguity from the face of the earth. I have seen so many downs in life that I don't want to see any suffering for myself or anyone else.

My aim in life is to achieve fame that will last and will be able to help other people in my profession.

I feel that success comes with prayers and I know that I became successful with my mother's prayers, which have helped me in getting to where I am today. They say if a mother laughs, God smiles. My mother is everything to me.

I would like to do something for my country and I mean that. Whatever I say comes from my heart.

Believe me, when I go abroad I want to preform to perfection for the sake of my country. I don't want outsiders making fun of me and hence my country.

www.mag4you.net

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 04 September 2005 at 1:45pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Latest Interview with Faisal Qazi!" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 04 September 2005 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
thanx Saba for sharing
i never knw that his first play/serial was Hai Jeddi
i have heard of it but never saw it may be i have when i was young but cnat remember it
anyways about Faisal Qazi i think he's a great performer

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 04 September 2005 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
I remember that drama...it was soooooooo funny. i watched the reruns a long time ago...all i can remember is the that Mr. Jaidi's huge glasses with a one side missing...

-sadaf

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 05 September 2005 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Yup I too don't remmeber him in Mr. Jaddi. but Mr. Jaddi was really funny.

I thought Fasial started with Such Much.

he is a ver talented artist. very intellignt too.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top