Posted: 16 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Pari Hoon Main.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

Karan Mehra in comedy show

Karan Mehra, who played Vedant in Virrudh, is doing a new show Pari Hoon Main which is starting soon on Star One.

"It is a comedy show - a story of two twin girls - a bit like Chaalbaaz. One of them is an actress but they swap roles sometimes. I am the key person who knows about this but does not inform the director. When he comes to know about it he throws me out of work," says Karan about the show.

Explaining his character, he says, "It is about a young guy who wants to become director. He is an assistant director who gets into trouble because of certain incidents."

Karan says his character is totally different to him in real life. "I am a Punjabi guy from Delhi and live my life lavishly. This not the case in this show where I will be politely replying to my director. Apart from this, the B.R production house is very good and no one surely wants to miss a chance to work with them. Since the female lead is having a double role in the show, the pressure will be less on me."

What according to you went wrong with Virrudh? "It was a power packed show with lots of drama and emotions but somehow it did not work. It is true that Virrudh has given me a lot of recognition but for someone like me who belongs to theatre and wants to do different stuff, it was similar to that of other shows on TV."

Karan recently had two shows of his play Daddy Cool - one for an NGO and the other a preview. For both he got a standing ovation. Karan is playing role of geek in first half of the play and a dude in the second. The play will have shows all over India, Dubai and London.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/January/Ne ws_20080123_172

News & Views: By Asra Khan

Bhojpuri actress Divya Desai will be seen in B.R. films' TV show, Pari Hoon Main on Star One playing the main lead, with a new name — Rashami Desai.

Divya, who has acted in Bhojpuri films like Balma Bada Naadan, Kab Hoi Gawana Hamaar, Mai re Kar De Bedai Hamaar, etc, explains, "My original name is Rashami but I changed it to Divya because my mother had always liked this name. But now that I am starting afresh in television I retained my original name because of astrological reasons. And then I have always loved my name, so I am happy!"

She is playing a double role in the show — one being a famous film actress and the other, a housemaid.

Rashami says, "Every actor wants to do different roles. This role gave me the opportunity to do a lot of action and something I have not done before. This role was very challenging and I am very happy that I have justified the director's and the producer's decision, who gave me a chance to play this wonderful role."

Among the two characters, Rashami says that the character of the common girl is closer to her, whereas the other character is someone whom she aspires to become. "Pari Rai Chaudhary, the actress is someone like Kareena Kapoor or Priyanka Chopra. The other character is like any simple girl who dreams of becoming like these stars. The story of the serial is very similar to my life as well," she explains.

After proving herself in Bhojpuri films, and now on TV, Rashami is looking forward to moving into the Hindi film industry. But she is in no hurry. "After I complete this show, I would like to continue doing films. What I am looking for is a good banner and good people to work with, be it on TV or in films," Rashami says.

www.deccan.com

Telly Talk: By Swati Vishnoi

Television channel Star One has launched its new series Pari Hoon Main, produced under the B.R. Films banner. The serial is directed by Ravi Chopra, who made popular films like Baghban and Babul. Speaking about moving from movies to television, he said, "It is great to make a comeback with Pari Hoon Main. we hope to create a good impression on the hearts and minds of viewers just as we did with Mahabharata."

The serial stars Karan Mehra, Mohit Mallik and newcomer Rashmi Desai. Pari Hoon Main is different from the routine saas-bahu dramas and it offers suspense, fun and excitement. Ravi Chopra was all praise for the new girl Rashami. He said, "She is very hard-working. She played both the characters quite well. I hope people like the show."

The director is also set to give competition to the daily soaps with his Dharampatni. No 1., his new serial on Sony. Ravi Chopra was not willing to reveal much about the soap, but called it the 'autumn of a woman's life.' Manasi Joshi Roy has been approached for the lead role. "Incidentally the name Dharampatni was not the first choice for Chopra. It is rumored that he wanted to call it Saanjh, but had to give in to the channel's wishes. "I would have liked to stick to the original title," he said, "but the channel preferred Dharampatni."

Though Chopra has two new serials coming up, he is still upset about his Viraasat being replaced to make way for KBC-3. Viraasat which was initially aired on Star Plus was later shifted to Star One before it came to a hasty end. When asked about the reason of the abrupt action, Ravi Chopra replied, "It was never my decision. Since KBC3 was due for its launch, the channel (Star Plus) deemed it fit to shift our show on Star One. We had to make way for KBC3. Once this occurred, I lost interest in the show. The result of KBC3 was never encouraging. Viraasat was still drawing the TRP of 6 when it went off air, something KBC3 would never match. Star Plus realised their mistake and we suffered for it."

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#C hopra%E2%80%99s%20soap%20to%20dish%20out%20double%20trouble
Playing double

t's a role for which any actor would give his right arm. Rashami Desai is the lucky one to get a double role in her second TV serial Pari Hoon Main. A Bhojpuri actress, Rashami made her TV debut with Zee's Ravan where she plays Ravan's wife Mandodari. "I felt that doing TV was better than Bhojpuri films and decided to try out more projects. That's when my secretary told me Star One was looking for a fresh face for a show." After the first audition, the actress was told to lose weight and finalised for the role only after a second look test. The serial Pari Hoon Main is about two girls, Nikki and Pari, and how their uncanny resemblance lands them in each other's shoes. Rashami plays the simple salwar kameez clad Nikki as well as the glamorous film star Pari. "As Nikki I have to wear false sets to show she has projecting teeth," says Rashami who finds it cumbersome. Yet, she has no complaints "as it's a fantastic role and the story also is very good," she gushes. Her love interests in the serial are played by Karan Mehra as Karan and Mohit Mallik as Rajveer. The serial directed by Ravi Chopra will be aired from Monday to Thursday at 9 p.m.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=18801

After doing the 'power-packed' Virrudh, Karan Mehra wanted to take a break from serials for at least two months. But within two weeks of the show going off air, Karan is back to the grind of doing another prime time daily Pari Hoon Main on Star One. In this serial, he plays a lovable run-away boy who comes to Mumbai to become a film director. All prime time shows are women-centric and the case with Pari Hoon Main is no different. But Karan says there is enough scope for performance.

Elaborating further about his role, he says "He is nervous, gullible and always under pressure to prove his talent. His dream is to be the next Karan Johar of Bollywood. But as a chief assistant director of a film he gets flak for everything that goes wrong. And for all the right things the credit goes to others," he says. Incidentally Karan plays his namesake in this serial.

www.deccan.com

Sikander does a Shakti Kapoor

Sikander Kharbanda, who was last seen in Kasauti Zindagi Kay as Indraneil, will now be playing Balma in Pari Hoon Main directed by Ravi Chopra. We have learnt that his character in the serial is similar to the comic role of the same name played by Shakti Kapoor in the film Chaalbaaz.

When asked about it, Indraneil admits, "I'm going to torture Nikki Shrivastav like Shakti Kapoor troubled Sridevi in Chaalbaaz," but adds, "The only dissimilarity is that there is no particular dialogue associated with him. In the film, the salma sabka balma line became very famous."

Sikander says that Chaalbaaz is one of his favourite films. About Shakti Kapoor, he comments, "His acting is very good and I have been inspired by his style for this role but he had come from Jaunpur while I 'm from Mumbai!"

On playing a negative role, he says, "This is the first time that I am turning completely negative. I'm speaking Haryanvi and this role is totally different to that of Kasauti which had a bit of comic touch."

How has been the experience working under B.R.Films? "It feels great to have got such a huge break. After all, the Chopras were the makers of Mahabharata. I'm really enjoying my role in Pari Hoon Main."

Sikander will also be seen in Ekta's Gabbar Singh in which he is playing the role of Jai. In real life, he will be getting married to his Kasauti co-actor Gitanjali Tikkekar, who played the role of Aparna this year.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/February/N ews_20080204_17
Mohit Malik's Secret!!!

Did you know actor Mohit Malik, who stars in Star One's new show Pari Hoon Main, is a restaurateur as well? For the last four years, he has been successfully running a restaurant in Delhi called MB.

Ask him and he says, "We have a joint family and since I am away from Delhi most of the time, someone or the other from my family is taking care of the restaurant. We have plans of opening another branch soon."

Did he take care of his restaurant when he took a four-month break after Durgeshnandini went off air? "Actually, I just chilled out during the break. I learnt dance and waited for the right role to come which I got in the form of Rajveer Kapoor in Pari Hoon Main. I play the son of a producer who is a very focused and nice person," says Mohit

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/06telly.htm

Karan Mehra

Karan Mehra – is cool, calm, intelligent and spontaneous

In Saath Rahega Always -I play Soham

My girlfriends always try to change... – don't have one

My worst habit is . . – showing too much energy

People are always surprised when – I come on time

Women can't say no when– I speak with my eyes

At a party, I can't wait to – wine, dine and dance

I feel most comfortable when – I am on the pot

The movie that makes me cry is n – Akele Hum Akele Tum

My father always told me to... – be a good human being

When I look in the mirror, I see – myself

If you heard that you'd been selected as the Sexiest Man Alive – that day I will get married

Lust is - a very negative version of love

If Aishwariya Rai proposes to me- I am on

http://us.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/apr/18apr/short_takes_karan. php
Karan Mehra is a superb performer. He is fine when comes to enact a job and he delivers the goods with aplomb. His classy performance has been acknowledged by a great of Bollywood. Yes, this is what happened that Abhishek achan congratulates Karan Mehra while Mehra was shooting at Kamalisthan recently for 'Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhan'.

Karan Mehra was more than glad to bang into Abhishek Bachan who was also shooting at the same place for his Motorola ad. When the duo met, the first thing Abhishek had to say was how much he liked Karan's new Mountain Dew ad. But the chap - Karan also had his congrats wishes due. When Abhishek inquired for what, Karan commented that the last time they had met he was single, now he was hitched!!

Karan will soon be seen in a cameo role in Abhishek starrer 'Drona' which is set to release soon. After the shooting of the movie, obviously they hadn't met so Karan was glad he bumped into Abhishek this way who said he would soon come to the sets of Karan's show to meet him.

Karan was of course happy to hear that … especially coming from such a superstar.

"That was really sweet of him. We had great fun during the little while we had been shooting together" – says Karan

http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/2763/abhishek-bach chan-congrats-karan-mehra.htmlEdited by shefali_goenka - 16 years ago