Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by lighthouse

LOL Qwerts ,I think Ash or Deepika certainly want "middle" middle class tag . you know the kind who works in India and abroad but still lives with parents, wears whatever is required by their bosses, have boyfriends and talk about them unabashedly and finally settle down into marital bliss.Tongue  

You forgot to add "have a school in a remote town named after them" LOL

right .. marry well and have sasurji do the rest..Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Middle Class values... (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Isnt it all relative...I mean the bachchans would be middle class compared to the ruler here in Abu dhabi...wont they? Big smile

Edited by TallyHo - 04 February 2008 at 10:26am

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by TallyHo

Isnt it all relative...I mean the bachchans would be middle class compared to the ruler here in Abu dhabi...wont they? Big smile

Lower middle class - having seen Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed's palace LOL

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by TallyHo

middle class values...hmmm isnt that an oxymoron?? Confused Big smile

ho ho ho... no its not oxymoron - its the reality... there might be some exceptions but if anything is holding on to the values its the middle class.. like i said there is no need for any other class to hold on to it...Also I dont know whats Middle class, upper middle , lower middle.. i am slightly confused with these many distinctions.

LOL me too. gets confusing.

i think the middle class too has it's own pecking order. someone higher class someone lower class. and some average classLOL

I don't know about other states or countries. here the lower middle class constitues a family with one or two persons having some job or doing some faming .  The persons who has more land and properties and all of the adult persons having comparatively good job/business constitutes middle middle class. And upper middle class is the so called rich but not rich enough to get into  the high class living. But except a part of  the upper middle class, all others are still upholding the values.  

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged

sorry double post

Edited by nitasuni - 04 February 2008 at 10:33pm

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

I don't know about other states or countries. here the lower middle class constitues a family with one or two persons having some job or doing some faming .  The persons who has more land and properties and all of the adult persons having comparatively good job/business constitutes middle middle class. And upper middle class is the so called rich but not rich enough to get into  the high class living. But except a part of  the upper middle class, all others are still upholding the values.  

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class.

@bold- true. but it aint always for lack of wanting. they are often limited by lack of suitable options in that regard.WinkLOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Nitaji, In all classes I believe the desire to copulate and that too with a loved one is same..the percentage of alcoholics in all classes is probably the same.  It is like Qwerty said the lower class cannot afford to hold onto morals and some not all rich neglected souls resort to drugs and/or sex. 

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class. It is true middle class kids attracted to  hi-fy life changing the morale and life style.

Not so rare any more, and it's not news because they are not worthy of being hounded by the media.

They may not be accepted by the middle-class (although the scenario is changing quite rapidly) but it's happening and there's no denying it. If there are "middle class values", they are being eroded.

Like it was stated earlier - there are only good values and bad values. Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top