Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 10:02am | IP Logged

i think another way of segmenting society is along following lines- high-class, middle-class and no-class. Tongue doesnt necessarily mirror economic divisions of course, just values. middle class values are generally good, but often come with hypocrisy, which is why i think high-class is preferable any time. does not just mean high-class living, but high-class thinking. can be garib, but can still have gee-for-jiyo and pee-for-piyo kinda thinking, no? Tongue LOL

btw, what is the debate? whether aish is truly middle-class TongueLOL , or whether middle-class is superior? Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 03 February 2008 at 10:02am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Middle Class values... (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

i think another way of segmenting society is along following lines- high-class, middle-class and no-class. Tongue doesnt necessarily mirror economic divisions of course, just values. middle class values are generally good, but often come with hypocrisy, which is why i think high-class is preferable any time. does not just mean high-class living, but high-class thinking.

Once I am in an Airport, seen a well known person(sorry I can not tell his name), we can not be classified him in upper middle class but real high class. A small kid of five or six accompanying his mother(an ordinary person ) unintentionally touched him, the words come out of his mouth was unthinkable (all foul words of English came out). Surely, this is high thinking and better than middle class hipocrisyWink 

Another time, in a supper market a high class gentleman slapped a sales boy for a simple reason of touching him while rushing for something.  It was not a delibrate one, but the manager scold the boy, this may be  also a way of high thinking and high livingWink.  

can be garib, but can still have gee-for-jiyo and pee-for-piyo kinda thinking, no? Tongue LOL

btw, what is the debate? whether aish is truly middle-class TongueLOL , or whether middle-class is superior? Smile

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

Originally posted by chatbuster

i think another way of segmenting society is along following lines- high-class, middle-class and no-class. Tongue doesnt necessarily mirror economic divisions of course, just values. middle class values are generally good, but often come with hypocrisy, which is why i think high-class is preferable any time. does not just mean high-class living, but high-class thinking.

Once I am in an Airport, seen a well known person(sorry I can not tell his name), we can not be classified him in upper middle class but real high class. A small kid of five or six accompanying his mother(an ordinary person ) unintentionally touched him, the words come out of his mouth was unthinkable (all foul words of English came out). Surely, this is high thinking and better than middle class hipocrisyWink 

Another time, in a supper market a high class gentleman slapped a sales boy for a simple reason of touching him while rushing for something.  It was not a delibrate one, but the manager scold the boy, this may be  also a way of high thinking and high livingWink.  

can be garib, but can still have gee-for-jiyo and pee-for-piyo kinda thinking, no? Tongue LOL

that's high class thinking? lol. see that's what i meant. cant confuse high-class living with high-class thinking. i thought i had it up thereWink

in any case, i dont think it works well to project from rare exceptions we can find with everything. it's like holding up a rogue or two, a hitler, anytime someone suggests the world is generally good. not goodWink

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 7:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Not all people with loads of money r bad. similarly, not all with l'il less (so called middle class) r good. i feel values r values and good values r good values...period. don't know why we need to run down a particular class to prove how the other one is better Confused

"Bura jo dekhan main chala bura na miliya koye

Jo dil khoja aapna mujh se bura na koye." Smile

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Families shown in serials are anything but "middle class"...they are rich families and people mocking at them (in the serials) are Super Rich.

Lagta hai ki serial waalo ko pata nahin hai ki ek middle class family kaisi hoti hai (waise mujhe yeh lower class/middle class/upper class terminologies se sakht nafrat hai).

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 04 February 2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged
middle class values...hmmm isnt that an oxymoron?? Confused Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top