Middle Class values... - Page 5

Posted: 16 years ago
Isnt it all relative...I mean the bachchans would be middle class compared to the ruler here in Abu dhabi...wont they? πŸ˜ƒ Edited by TallyHo - 16 years ago

Originally posted by TallyHo

Isnt it all relative...I mean the bachchans would be middle class compared to the ruler here in Abu dhabi...wont they? πŸ˜ƒ

Lower middle class - having seen Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed's palace πŸ˜†

Originally posted by chatbuster

πŸ˜† me too. gets confusing.

i think the middle class too has it's own pecking order. someone higher class someone lower class. and some average classπŸ˜†

I don't know about other states or countries. here the lower middle class constitues a family with one or two persons having some job or doing some faming .  The persons who has more land and properties and all of the adult persons having comparatively good job/business constitutes middle middle class. And upper middle class is the so called rich but not rich enough to get into  the high class living. But except a part of  the upper middle class, all others are still upholding the values.  

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class.

sorry double post

Edited by nitasuni - 16 years ago
Originally posted by nitasuni

I don't know about other states or countries. here the lower middle class constitues a family with one or two persons having some job or doing some faming .  The persons who has more land and properties and all of the adult persons having comparatively good job/business constitutes middle middle class. And upper middle class is the so called rich but not rich enough to get into  the high class living. But except a part of  the upper middle class, all others are still upholding the values.  

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class.

@bold- true. but it aint always for lack of wanting. they are often limited by lack of suitable options in that regard.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Nitaji, In all classes I believe the desire to copulate and that too with a loved one is same..the percentage of alcoholics in all classes is probably the same.  It is like Qwerty said the lower class cannot afford to hold onto morals and some not all rich neglected souls resort to drugs and/or sex. 

In middle class, even now, extra marital affairs and ;ive in relationships are very rare and if there is it is a news. But in lower and high class it is not a  problem. consuming liquour is very high in these two strata of society  Latenight parties and all associate evils are not accepted by the middle class. It is true middle class kids attracted to  hi-fy life changing the morale and life style.

Not so rare any more, and it's not news because they are not worthy of being hounded by the media.

They may not be accepted by the middle-class (although the scenario is changing quite rapidly) but it's happening and there's no denying it. If there are "middle class values", they are being eroded.

Like it was stated earlier - there are only good values and bad values. πŸ˜›

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Not so rare any more, and it's not news because they are not worthy of being hounded by the media.

They may not be accepted by the middle-class (although the scenario is changing quite rapidly) but it's happening and there's no denying it. If there are "middle class values", they are being eroded.

Like it was stated earlier - there are only good values and bad values. πŸ˜›

How many would you say you know first hand... this question always works in my favor... because people generally talk about "I read", "I heard" and other statistics... which I dont strongly believe in..because of the way it is used to create hype... Whereas I do believe it can happen its not like a deluge of happenings out there doing some mass erosion....

Originally posted by TallyHo

Isnt it all relative...I mean the bachchans would be middle class compared to the ruler here in Abu dhabi...wont they? πŸ˜ƒ
Isnt it more like a economic class division.. wheres the value system there...

Originally posted by qwertyesque

How many would you say you know first hand... this question always works in my favor... because people generally talk about "I read", "I heard" and other statistics... which I dont strongly believe in..because of the way it is used to create hype... Whereas I do believe it can happen its not like a deluge of happenings out there doing some mass erosion....

Qwerty, I used to live in a "middle-class" mohalla. 20 years down the line I have seen the place change, not physically but in terms of values. I have seen people making out in cars in an open parking lot bang in the middle of the mohalla, rowdy parties, men and women getting sozzled, teenagers returning home way past midnight. Aren't these the so-called upper/lower-class values that are being trashed?

Look at the whole call-centre culture. It's not media hype. The point is that these things are not "bad" anymore because people are accepting them more than they did, say, twenty years ago.