India-Forums

Tumhari Disha
Tumhari Disha

DK ON KHANA KHAZANA!

disha77 Groupbie
disha77
disha77

Posted: 03 January 2005 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Ashish came on the sets looking utterly mind-boggling in a black shirt with sleeves rolled up a little bit and gray tweed trousers. He was wearing a black thread sort of a thing in his neck making him look really rugged and masculine!

Sanjeev Kapoor introduced him, though his name was shown wrongly spelt in the screen! Ashish made a really cute "DK type" face and addressed the viewers that he is "Ashish Nayyar" and we see him in the role of DK in "Tumhari Disha".

Sanjeev asked him why did he choose to play a negative character like DK to which Ashish laughed and said that if Sanjeev watches the show, he would know that he plays a Gray Character, a guy who has vices and virtues in equal measures. Ashish then said that most serials these days slot every character in a Black and White mode, either a guy will be an out and out villain or he will be a paragon of virtues, but DK is one of the rare characters who treads the middle path and it is impossible to define him as a good or a bad guy at any given point in time.

Sanjeev then asked him what does he like most about his character in Tumhari Disha to which Ashish said that DK is a guy who though is extremely arrogant and adamant but has always won in life despite every odd and will keep winning in the future also. It is DK's determination and winning attitude which Ashish finds very gripping and compelling.

Sanjeev went on to ask Ashish in an impish way whether he will let the viewers know if his character would be getting together with Disha in the end or not. Ashish literally exploded, laughing on this one and said that his producers will kill him if he answers this question and that the viewers will have to continue watching Tumhari Disha to know the answer to this one.

Then Sanjeev asked something about Ashish's background in Delhi …………….I missed this part, just heard snippets like he recounting some childhood incident in Delhi, his fondness for Mutton Curry (which apparently he cooks very well) and something on holistic healing!

Then, Sanjeev and Ashish made some tasty looking dish out of Paneer which had a typical Punju name "Paneer Ki Soti Boti" which Ashish found very funny and laughed a lot! (He looks delightful when he laughs full throated!) Sanjeev then asked in his usual, genial way if Ashish knew what was the meaning of the Dish, to which Ashish immediately replied correctly and Sanjeev was very impressed by his knowledge of Punjabi and asked him if he knew the language well, to which Ashish replied that he generally speaks in Punjabi at home with his Parents and Brother. Sanjeev then said something in Punjabi to Ashish to which he replied back promptly and both of them laughed a lot!

Ashish then went on to fry the Paneer thing and amazingly did it in a very professional manner!

All in all, Ashish appeared to be pretty cool and a enjoyable person, besides being very down to earth and unpresumptuous!

Cheers,

Disha

Bobby Newbie
Bobby
Bobby

Posted: 03 January 2005 at 6:41am | IP Logged

Hey Disha,

That show, Khana Khazana is a new show on Zee TV in the US, I think it airs starting sometime around Jan. 7 or later. Hope you had a fun New Year's and had a chance to relax!

Cheers,

Bobby

memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 03 January 2005 at 9:14am | IP Logged
DK is in promo for Khana Khazana in "Pista Special" in California. The California episodes have already been telecast in part... so.. wonder if I missed it last Sunday as I missed the episode due to oversleeping because of the New Year's Eve party....
adi04 Senior Member
adi04
adi04

Posted: 03 January 2005 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
awwww....I saw the promo too....Ashish looked quite dashing.....thanks Disha for info!!!!!!!!!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top