kanchi

IF-Veteran Member

kanchi

Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Phir Milenge gets UN pat

By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 21st, 2004 - 1230 hrs IST

Phir Milenge gets UN pat
Download Phir Milenge wallpapers

Mitr - My Friend director Revathy has reason to cheer. Her second Bollywood attempt Phir Milenge is ready for 27th August release. But more importantly, international acclaim is coming to her by way of the UN applauding the lady's brave attempt at dealing with a risqu subject like AIDS.

Peter Piot, the executive director of UN programme, UNAIDS comments, "When Bollywood, one of the world's largest film industries with massive audiences, produces a film about AIDS, everyone has to sit up and take notice" He further adds, "It is extremely encouraging that India is joining the struggle to erase the fear, stigma and despair that surrounds AIDS-HIV." He's quick to add, "It is a courageous effort and we are totally appreciate of it"

Meanwhile what is Revathy's take on the issue, to which the low profile director answered, "Millions in India are dying of the virus. Medication and a conducive mindset is what is required to tackle it. The problem needs a voice. Hope the film lends it"

More on Phir Milenge

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Phir Milenge gets UN pat" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ritu_t123

Groupbie

Ritu_t123

Posted: 22 August 2004 at 1:34pm | IP Logged

Yeah! It has Salman Khan,Shilpa Shetty & Abhishek Bachchan.

I heard that Abhishek has done a GR8 job here.ClapHe has improved his acting skills a lot. He was Superb in "YUVA".Now he has become a strong contender for "NATIONAL AWARD" & "Best Actor in a Negative Role" Awards(like Filmfare,Zee Cine,IIFA,Sansui etc.) for his stunning performance in "YUVA".

GR8 GONING, ABHISHEK!!Thumbs Up

Previously, People used to make fun of him by saying::

AMITABH BACHCHAN+JAYA BACHCHAN-TALENT=ABHISHEK BACHCHAN

After some time,they said::

AMITABH BACHCHAN+JAYA BACHCHAN+TALENT-LUCK=ABHISHEK

I know,after some years these people will say::

AMITABH + JAYA= ABHISHEK=A SUPERSTARTongue 

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 22 August 2004 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

He's even in another new movie with Bipasha Basu...I dont remember the name of the movie, but I know that he has a new hairstyle...

Ritu_t123

Groupbie

Ritu_t123

Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

Yeah!! Its name is "RAKHT".He has a guest appearance in that movie.

He is in a song "ONE LOVE" inspired by the hit song of BLUE band. This song(Indian version) is already topping the charts although the movie is not released.

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:36pm | IP Logged

Yeah, thats the one. I thought the song was pretty good.

Ritu_t123

Groupbie

Ritu_t123

Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:39pm | IP Logged

That song is really very good. Tongue

It is now favourite among Youngsters.

Ashwirya Shetty

IF-Veteran Member

Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 23 August 2004 at 5:20pm | IP Logged

Yes, Abhishek acted very well in Yuva. Though, I always felt he would do good in the future, I was impressed with his acting in Yuva. He did justice to the role. Though, he played an angry young man role, a role that Big B played so often in his young days, I did not find myself comparing the two, which is a good sign (for Abhishek).

Initially, it was natural for people to compare him with Big B, especially when some of the facial features and mannerism matched. However, fortunately, over time he has evolved as an actor, though he still has a long way to go before he proves himself as a superstar. I, personally, think he will do well, if he focuses on doing good roles and improvises on his acting skills.

Edited by Ashwirya Shetty - 23 August 2004 at 5:44pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top