Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

AshiYuvi4life

IF-Rockerz

AshiYuvi4life

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Guys it's not a bad show. My mom watches it. And she likes the steps that Saroj ji is teaching. My mom is kind of over-weight and she wants to lose weight and she's using this show as a guide. And it's really working! She has lost some weight! Plz don't stop uploading videos. It's really helping some ppl. Especially because we live in the U.S. she has no other way of watching! Thanx!

Komal

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mostttt boring show (Page 3)" in Other Shows - NDTV Imagine forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mechocoholic

Goldie

mechocoholic

Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

Originally posted by mechocoholic

Hey ppl...i'm not saying tht this show isn't useful..esp for those who r getting this coaching for free....BUT......my point in creating this topic was..Whr's the entertainment value???????????....I mean just becoz it's saroj khan teaching the steps everyone can't bear to sit one whole hour everyday in front of the tv sets to learn something.....i mean imagine a show whr Narayan murthy or Azim premji is coming on everyday and teaching all of us the basics of computer engineering, everyday a new subject, etc.....no doubt it wud be educational...and informative....BUT wud it be entertaining???????...Wud most of us watch the show everyday????????.....i think the answer to tht question is no....honestly....i mean lead india on star one is far more beneficial to Indians in term of usefulness....but still doesn't have great viewership....yyyy??? becoz the golden rule of Indian television is the concept has to be entertaining.....onli then will the audiences...espcially younger audiences will provide loyal viewership to it..like they do to srgmp..or nach baliye..etc...tht's all.....ur product may be good..but u have to attract ppl to it 1st b4 u sell it to them...and this show ain't doin tht.... Wink

Ur point of view is different and isnt wrong...but it is not necessary that all programmes on tv should be merely for entertainment, like for eg., if you take news channel, most ppl watch it to get information and learn what is going on around them, rather than just entertainment. So if you see, the trps of news channels would not be as high as some Ekta Kapoor Seriel...and i dont think most women and children are interested in news channels as men, they'd rather watch seriels, and if its the younger generation, maybe movie channels or music channels...

So the point is, not all programmes are aimed at the entire population of nation and i dont think any program has the capacity to attract all types of audience (with very few exceptions)...each programme has their own target market whom they focus on, and depending upon the size of their target market, they invest.

Coming to Saroj Khan's Nachle ve, they know they have a comparatively small target market, and they are only aiming for that and thus have kept their investments minimum. If you see their investment is not very high compared to any seriels or other programes. As far as i can see, the only investment in this programme is the dance area, (which is a normal space), area settings (which is not too lavish), the tabla guy, Saroj Khan's fee, and costumes and make up for the girls (which is again too simple and wouldnt cost much)...And since these girls are students, definitely they are not paid for the programe as they are getting coaching from India's best choreographer (or maybe they must have paid coaching fees, as i read somewhere that they are her students!).

So they are not looking for too much of money with this programe, and thus even if the TRPs are lower as compared to other entertainment programes, for them that would still be profitable. But Ekta Kapoor cannot afford low TRPs cos of her investment in lavish settings, jewellery, costumes, soo many artists, etc.

And after many reality dance programmes being hit, many of us are getting the desire to learn dance and I know of soo many people who have taken this programe so seriously, and make arrangements to record this programme so that they can keep playing it and learn. So there is a big market for the program, though I agree not all the people will be interested.

And please dont compare this programme with Narayan murthy or Azim premji teaching basics of computer engineering, as both the fields are totaly different, one is studies (which most of us definitey hate), and the other is entertainment (which interests most of us). I know of children who hate studies and keep getting low marks, but when it comes to stuff like dancing, they close their room doors, keep playing some hrithik roshan song and learn on their own each step (i know many of us would know ppl like that), they take soo much of effort in this learning as they are interested in it, as opposed to studies!

So what I am saying is, this programe is ONLY targetting people who seriously wants to learn dance step by step, and not people who wants to just sit in front of the programe and view it as definitely they will get bored after some time.

lolzzzzzzz......i'm not even gonna write a point wise reply to such a hugeeeeeeee answer......i don't even watch this show enuff to spend time writing an answer here.....lolzzzz.....let's just agree to disagree.....

Hmm true, our point of views differ...but i cant understand one thing, if you dont watch this show, y do u bother to visit this program's forum Confused?! And it seems you are new to this forum and you have only posted 3 comments, and that too in this forum Confused!!

So is there a rule which says..tht a person whoz new here can't post topics??????????????? and bout me not watching this show and yet posting here......well i felt like it...i was just surfing the first page of IF and saw the title of this show.....so just wanted to post my views ...isn't tht wht this forum is about.....so wht's tht to u....u don't like wht i wrote so stay away frm my topic...i didn't invite u to post here........Confused

*dewdrop~pearl*

IF-Rockerz

*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 30 January 2008 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Hey ppl...i'm not saying tht this show isn't useful..esp for those who r getting this coaching for free....BUT......my point in creating this topic was..Whr's the entertainment value???????????....I mean just becoz it's saroj khan teaching the steps everyone can't bear to sit one whole hour everyday in front of the tv sets to learn something.....i mean imagine a show whr Narayan murthy or Azim premji is coming on everyday and teaching all of us the basics of computer engineering, everyday a new subject, etc.....no doubt it wud be educational...and informative....BUT wud it be entertaining???????...Wud most of us watch the show everyday????????.....i think the answer to tht question is no....honestly....i mean lead india on star one is far more beneficial to Indians in term of usefulness....but still doesn't have great viewership....yyyy??? becoz the golden rule of Indian television is the concept has to be entertaining.....onli then will the audiences...espcially younger audiences will provide loyal viewership to it..like they do to srgmp..or nach baliye..etc...tht's all.....ur product may be good..but u have to attract ppl to it 1st b4 u sell it to them...and this show ain't doin tht.... Wink

Ur point of view is different and isnt wrong...but it is not necessary that all programmes on tv should be merely for entertainment, like for eg., if you take news channel, most ppl watch it to get information and learn what is going on around them, rather than just entertainment. So if you see, the trps of news channels would not be as high as some Ekta Kapoor Seriel...and i dont think most women and children are interested in news channels as men, they'd rather watch seriels, and if its the younger generation, maybe movie channels or music channels...

So the point is, not all programmes are aimed at the entire population of nation and i dont think any program has the capacity to attract all types of audience (with very few exceptions)...each programme has their own target market whom they focus on, and depending upon the size of their target market, they invest.

Coming to Saroj Khan's Nachle ve, they know they have a comparatively small target market, and they are only aiming for that and thus have kept their investments minimum. If you see their investment is not very high compared to any seriels or other programes. As far as i can see, the only investment in this programme is the dance area, (which is a normal space), area settings (which is not too lavish), the tabla guy, Saroj Khan's fee, and costumes and make up for the girls (which is again too simple and wouldnt cost much)...And since these girls are students, definitely they are not paid for the programe as they are getting coaching from India's best choreographer (or maybe they must have paid coaching fees, as i read somewhere that they are her students!).

So they are not looking for too much of money with this programe, and thus even if the TRPs are lower as compared to other entertainment programes, for them that would still be profitable. But Ekta Kapoor cannot afford low TRPs cos of her investment in lavish settings, jewellery, costumes, soo many artists, etc.

And after many reality dance programmes being hit, many of us are getting the desire to learn dance and I know of soo many people who have taken this programe so seriously, and make arrangements to record this programme so that they can keep playing it and learn. So there is a big market for the program, though I agree not all the people will be interested.

And please dont compare this programme with Narayan murthy or Azim premji teaching basics of computer engineering, as both the fields are totaly different, one is studies (which most of us definitey hate), and the other is entertainment (which interests most of us). I know of children who hate studies and keep getting low marks, but when it comes to stuff like dancing, they close their room doors, keep playing some hrithik roshan song and learn on their own each step (i know many of us would know ppl like that), they take soo much of effort in this learning as they are interested in it, as opposed to studies!

So what I am saying is, this programe is ONLY targetting people who seriously wants to learn dance step by step, and not people who wants to just sit in front of the programe and view it as definitely they will get bored after some time.

lolzzzzzzz......i'm not even gonna write a point wise reply to such a hugeeeeeeee answer......i don't even watch this show enuff to spend time writing an answer here.....lolzzzz.....let's just agree to disagree.....

Hmm true, our point of views differ...but i cant understand one thing, if you dont watch this show, y do u bother to visit this program's forum Confused?! And it seems you are new to this forum and you have only posted 3 comments, and that too in this forum Confused!!

So is there a rule which says..tht a person whoz new here can't post topics??????????????? and bout me not watching this show and yet posting here......well i felt like it...i was just surfing the first page of IF and saw the title of this show.....so just wanted to post my views ...isn't tht wht this forum is about.....so wht's tht to u....u don't like wht i wrote so stay away frm my topic...i didn't invite u to post here........Confused

Listen, u dont teach me the rules of the forum alright, I have been visiting this site much much before you so I know the rules! And I dint ask u not to come to this forum or not to post a topic here, I was just curious if you dont like this show then y to bother and make a post here and upset other people who like the show...ok fine, you posted ur opinion, so did I...u are the one who dint like my comment and dint have anything to countersay to that, so you told me u wont even waste ur time to reply to my comment....well u are the one who has to first understand that if you dont like a show that doesnt mean everybody else also doesnt like it, and if you pass ur comments on somebody else's favorite show, they are definite to counter you on that...if you dont like a show, dont watch it, but u dont have to separately make a topic saying how bad the show is and stuff cos ur upseting other people who like the show...

Since you are new here, definitely you dont seem to know the rules, so check with some moderator as in other forums if someone opens topics agaisnt a show, the comment the moderator gives that person is 'if u dont like this show, dont watch it or even come to the forum, but dont upset others in the forum as they come here cos they like the show and they want to discuss it with others who share the same liking'

I dont intend to fight with you, so lets please leave it at this!

cool_kritz

Groupbie

cool_kritz

Posted: 31 January 2008 at 6:58am | IP Logged
hey i found it quite boring when i was trying to copy the steps but then when i started watching it i found it nice.. its rather unique.... ndtv is quite unique and it is the best channell...

Summer89

Summer89

Posted: 05 February 2008 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
It started off quite boring, but slowly I am liking it.

I hope Saroj ji does nimbuda or dola re dola... I wanna learn those dances Wink

Edited by Summer89 - 05 February 2008 at 4:04pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top