saw this show for the first time

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

jonnybgood

Goldie

jonnybgood

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 5:28am | IP Logged
all I gotta say is it a rip off of Stuck on youAngry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "saw this show for the first time" in Amber Dhara forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged
No it's not! Yes they are conjoined but its not a rip off of the movie! Dead

jonnybgood

Goldie

jonnybgood

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:37am | IP Logged
where else did they get the idea Confused

jonnybgood

Goldie

jonnybgood

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 8:42am | IP Logged
They are as different as chalk and cheese. While Sulagna loves to swim Kashmeera has water phobia. Kashmeera is a trained Kathak dancer who loves dancing whereas Sulagna enjoys cycling and outdoor sports. Spicy food is Kashmeera's choice, but for Sulagna it is normal khana. And despite all these real life differences the two girls playing the characters of Amber and Dhara, Kashmeera Irani and Sulagna Panigrahi respectively have to stay stuck together since the past one year whether they are shooting or at home.

Enjoying every bit of the time they spend together on the sets of their debut vehicle Amber Dhara the two girls nurse a back ache and try to relax while talking to Seema S. Mattoo in between the shots.

It is not new to know that conjoined or Siamese twins are gawked at, made fun of, sometimes the parents are forced to give them away to local godmen and those in bad economic conditions are even sold to circus owners to be displayed as exhibits to earn money. We have all read and wondered about them but it is very rare to see them in real life.

Sony Entertainment's Amber Dhara makes an attempt to present such twins in a different yet normal way while also entertaining the audience daily. Both the girls playing the title role are from normal middle class families in real life and are debutants on television. Staying away from family and friends they are already giving 100% to the show, "I am from Pune and I always wanted to act. I gave the audition for this role and started training after I got selected. It was only one week later that I got to know about the concept which I found really interesting because something like this has never been shown on television before" says Kashmeera Irani who is just 21 years of age.

Sulagna Panigrahi who plays Dhara has a similar story to tell, "I am basically from Orissa but since my father is in the army I have stayed in Delhi for eight years now. This was my first audition but I had a gut feeling when I came to Mumbai in February just for this audition which I cleared and then they said we want to train you. I was really excited and thought that even if I don't get the role at least I will get trained and my 3 day trip got extended for a week. When they told me the concept I realised that I just have to be a part of it."

Once selected both the girls had to undergo rigorous training in Mumbai and they also had to do research for their roles. "We went on the net and read about conjoined twins, watched movies and it really helped us know more about conjoined twins, how they live, what there mindset was because it was very important for us to understand the psyche as this performance is not something where you wake up one morning and go shoot, you need to understand how they must be thinking in such situations" says the soft spoken yet eager to talk Sulagna.

for full article go to your nearest book stall...
watched movies and it really helped us know more about conjoined twins

-Nadii-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nadii-

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Plzz do not post such, as some members feel it is to harsh.. SImply if you don't like the show, don't watch it..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top