Page 8 Page 8

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by raj5000

love is just illusions of wishful minds... true love doesnt exist in common opinions.... forget common opinions ..it doesn't exist only...LOLLOL (hoping that u will it does with a theoryWinkLOL)

Love is almost like an affliction of some terminal illness..for the two...and cure is to continue being in illusions to live life long WinkLOL

have you felt he mist caused by a water-fall. If you notice the morning dew on the leaves glistening in the sun. the gentle breeze caressing as it whispers something and then those eyes and that smile talking to you enrapturing you - but that is possbile i fyou are honest to yourself.. True love is the experience that sustains....epehemerally but is difficult.....Smile

Qwertoo, yeh kab , kyun aur kahaan hua? Tongue aur kiske saath hua? Tongue

Seriously , this is one of the nicest way to describe love rather then dark grim rap love gets mostly.Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Love is love..thats it ? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

Originally posted by lighthouse

" Khusro Dariya prem ka ulti jaaki dhaar...

Jo utra so doob gaya.. jo dooba so paar.."

Big smile

Wah Wah subhanalla....Smile

I get the second line doob dooba thingy, but what the heck is the meaning of the first line.Confused Dariya, prem and ulti?

this is a couplet by the famous poet Amir Khusro...and sometimes it takes more than a lifetime to understand the meaning of such profound poetry Smile

We dont understand "dil mein mere hai darde disco" either do we...and that too is related to loveWink but i am sure no one will be quoting that while talking of love 8 centuries later...TongueLOL

However, if you do a rough literal translation of Khusro it could read like:

" Khusro, the flow of love  does not follow the beaten path..

.... the ones who choose to flow with it are bound to drown,

but only those who drown can actually fathom its depth..."

Smile

Thanks Ashu.Big smile .  As suspected from dooba verbiage, this is grim saddistic view of love poetry . fail to understand why eternal love is synonomous with mopey sacrifice .

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 7:52am | IP Logged

Big smile

I get the second line doob dooba thingy, but what the heck is the meaning of the first line.Confused Dariya, prem and ulti?

this is a couplet by the famous poet Amir Khusro...and sometimes it takes more than a lifetime to understand the meaning of such profound poetry Smile

We dont understand "dil mein mere hai darde disco" either do we...and that too is related to loveWink but i am sure no one will be quoting that while talking of love 8 centuries later...TongueLOL

Smile

Thanks Ashu.Big smile .  As suspected from dooba verbiage, this is grim saddistic view of love poetry . fail to understand why eternal love is synonomous with mopey sacrifice .

sacrifice is not mopey, it only enhances the beauty of love.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 7:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

love is just illusions of wishful minds... true love doesnt exist in common opinions.... forget common opinions ..it doesn't exist only...LOLLOL (hoping that u will it does with a theoryWinkLOL)

Love is almost like an affliction of some terminal illness..for the two...and cure is to continue being in illusions to live life long WinkLOL

have you felt he mist caused by a water-fall. If you notice the morning dew on the leaves glistening in the sun. the gentle breeze caressing as it whispers something and then those eyes and that smile talking to you enrapturing you - but that is possbile i fyou are honest to yourself.. True love is the experience that sustains....epehemerally but is difficult.....Smile

Sir, now-a- days  you are too poeticTongue, this time I am happy since it is in English different from usual HindiLOL.  But one thing, now a days  I re- started my Hindi lesson due to dear DM'rs.

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

Big smile

Smile

Dooba here doesnt mean sacrifice, ... I think it means to be immersed totally into something..but yes love in literature  quite often ends in tragedy or sacrifice except of course the fairy tales where everyone lives happily ever after!

*Jane*

*Jane*

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssammy

Originally posted by *Jane*

Originally posted by dreamer_dreams

Love is the most wonderful and at the same time the most dangerous feeling in the world. It's a complicated emotion but it's also the most simplest. It has the power to give one happiness but it also has the power to destroy them.

Love is different for everyone and it cannot be defined by mere words.

this is complicated

I completely agree with you, love has got all the powers the world.

But i think love is same for everyone, its just that people describe it in different ways...

It could be but one would can harldy know for sure unless one is everyone so either/or, I say.

Love is complicated.

*Jane*

*Jane*

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Love is the most wonderful and at the same time the most dangerous feeling in the world. It's a complicated emotion but it's also the most simplest. It has the power to give one happiness but it also has the power to destroy them.

Love is different for everyone and it cannot be defined by mere words.

How love can become dangerous?

And if love is true then it can not destroy any thing anyone,except self destruction of the person if he/she is so adament to destroy onceself if not get the love in return.

It's like the saying "Love is giving someone the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to."

Also, True love does not always need to be returned to be called true love. Love can be one-sided and still be pure.

If love is true a person can not destroy the person whom you love, it may sacrifice once self.

I think you just answered your own question. Sacrifice is a danger to oneself, is it not? I did not say anywhere that it's dangerous to only the person to whom the love is given to. What about the one who's doing the giving?

In my opinion sacrifice is not dangerous deed to any body if it is done  by a person full heartedly, it only enhances the personality. If I sacrifices some thing for my beloved one I will not think about it and cry even if it is not acknowledged. I will be happy about what I have done.

One is willing to give up everything in the name of love, that includes ones own life. Just because one doesn't think anything of their sacrifice does not mean it's not dangerous, emotionally or physically, to them.

And there is no need for acknowledgemnt/return if it(love) is true(here I agree with you).

Exactly, love has the power to destroy one. It has the power to pick at ones heart minute by minute, day by day, for eternity, until it bleeds raw. Doesn't it hurt, to not have one's love returned, then? Would the hallow feeling of one's heart being ripped out of their chest and then have it be stomped on to see the one they love, love someone else, not mean that a person is not being destroyed - emotionally?

I stand by what I said. Love has the most volatile yet at the same time the most soothing powers in the world. Love, pure love, also is a rare phenomenon. Very few will find it in their lifetime, IMO.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 28 January 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Big smile

Smile

Dooba here doesnt mean sacrifice, ... I think it means to be immersed totally into something..but yes love in literature  quite often ends in tragedy or sacrifice except of course the fairy tales where everyone lives happily ever after!

I disagree , being soaked or immersed is different then drowning which is what dooba translates to literaly and figuratively but with shayari everyone is open to their own interpretations. Big difference in tere rang mein rang gayee and pyar mein dooba.

But thanks Ashu for the couplet because I just wiki'ed khusro and found that he wrote the original "zee hale miskeen mukund" song sung by lata..Smile I love that song and never knew that Khusro/khusrau coined that phrase ...and wrote the poem in 2 languages, 1line in persian and next line in Brij basha. .. Interesting tid bit about the song. Big smile  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Khusro

Post Reply New Post

Go to top