Pindai thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi everyone, I saw a movie a while ago called "Bride & Prejudice" (or as the Hindi version is called "Balle Balle from L.A to Amritsar")

It stars Aishwaria Rai and a few other big Bollywood stars, but what is great about this film is that it is in English and was directed by the same director who directed "Bend it like Beckham". There are a few Hollywood faces in this movie as well, including a brief appearance by a Gilmore Girls star.

Anyway I liked this movie, although the ending was abrupt, I mean the Snake Dance was the funniest thing and it made me laugh out loud as well as the funny british translations of a intro dance number, anyway I liked the film and I think you should see it.

I recommend the original ENGLISH version, I haven't seen the Hindi version but I've heard it doesn't translate very well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meera thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Movie came out a few months ago.. Its average, not as good as Bend It Like Beckham. But not a bad attempt by Gurinder Chadha to create a Bollywood movie in English with some edge! πŸ˜‰

An interview with Ash and Gurinder at Madame Tussauds London, when Ash's wax model was created, she said it was aimed at non asians.. Must admit Ash's wax model doesn't do her justice, she was so beautiful when I met her there.

Meera thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You can download it too.. or even buy it on eBay!
Pindai thumbnail
Gigli- the movie came out a while ago, but they had its premiere in New York already, so it could still be playing at some theatres, if not I'm sure you can rent the movie from a local hindi rental place, It might be a pirate copy because I'm not sure if the movie has been officially released on DVD. Sorry hope that helps 😊
jprasad thumbnail
I saw the movie and I thought it was average. I know that
Ashwarya is the epitomy of beauty, grace, talent, etc...but lately
that is all she hasn't had much to offer. I haven't seen a good
movie with Ashwarya since Devdas.
*Anjali* thumbnail
i totally agree Meera---that wax model didn't do justice to Aish's beauty at all πŸ˜•
ugababe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
It comes out in the US on Feb 11th. Everything here always taked longer to release!!
*~puja~* thumbnail
Thanks ugababe, i didn't know when its coming out, i thought it was coming out on Christmas day, but it never came out...
shahidlover24 thumbnail
Does anybody no when it will be released in canada?