Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Je_aime

I also like Ganguly but lets think abt what happens after all the senior players retire? Young players should practice from now on. I think it was good that they went for a young team.

After the older players retire.....that thing hasn't happened yet....

Throwing out old things is a good practice....but if the thing in question isn't old and still has plenty of firepower in it....the question becomes null and void, doesn't it?πŸ˜‰

I wouldn't have minded it if Ganguly wasn't playing good or was out of form...then it would have been sensible and practical....and also based on performance.

But Ganguly's performance has been phenomenal in the past year and in the recent Australia Test series....and throwing out an in-form player is just.....let's say unprofessional.

You gotta go by the performances....and the younger lot haven't been consistent....I read some stats in the papers😊

So must say...pretty disappointed with the BCCI (WHEN am I not???πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†)
abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
sourav and rahul shud have been included in the squad... but their playing in which matches shud have been decided later.. to play a 50 over ODI, u need tactics and experience, there is no use of introducing new comers without the experienced players in the team to guide them on the field...

what ever said may be, whoever said... experience is what speaks at the test match and 50 over ODI match... u may not be succeeful with ur scores... but the presence of experience in the field matters a lot to the new comers..

example, when ishant sharma was introduced during Ind-Pak Test series, no body wud have thought about the boy's talent wud be great... it was his timely use by the experienced players like anil and viru that his talent came out tememndously... otherwise he wud just have remained as an unsuccessful launch...
shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=Je_aime] I dont think it was very unfair. I think the tv channels and newspapers are just sensationalizing about Dhoni not wanting Ganguly. I think Dhoni just wanted a team which was very similar to 20-20 match - an young and ambitious team. I think you are right ,we cannot think emotionally but have to be practical...so for once BCCI did sumthing right.

I really am okay with the young team. Let them play, winning or losing does not matter.

I also like Ganguly but lets think abt what happens after all the senior players retire? Young players should practice from now on. I think it was good that they went for a young team.

But if it is between Yuvi and Ganguly, then Ganguly should be picked anytime.

Btw, Why only single out Ganguly, even Dravid and VVS Lak are out. In what way are these two other players not good? If it is bet Ganguly and Dravid and VVS, then VVS should be given a chance.yes laxman is in form batsman against aussies and they too have respect for his batting,he should have been taken for the first odi atleast and the reason for leaving ganguly maybe his poor fielding,otherwise i see no reason .[/QUOTE]
HaUnTeDfReAk thumbnail
k v DEFIANTELY KNW THT RAHUL N SAURAV HAVE BEEN THE BEST N obviosly sachin..but v tortally cannot relly on these 3 or else our crick gen is gonan b destroyed coz tehy cannot play 4 tehir whole life..tehy r gonna retire one day..n slowly slowly v must start making our habit 2 play widout them..v have 2 b practical here..
Leo thumbnail
I think the BCCI should also give a solid reason as to why they excluded Sourav and Rahul.

Knowing their attitude, I don't think they will! πŸ˜•

But I think Sourav and Rahul shouldn't let the horrendous decision to affect the way they are playing right now! They should still concentrate on their game and give a slap not physically but by their performance to the BCCI! πŸ˜‰

Leo thumbnail

Originally posted by: HaUnTeDfReAk

k v DEFIANTELY KNW THT RAHUL N SAURAV HAVE BEEN THE BEST N obviosly sachin..but v tortally cannot relly on these 3 or else our crick gen is gonan b destroyed coz tehy cannot play 4 tehir whole life..tehy r gonna retire one day..n slowly slowly v must start making our habit 2 play widout them..v have 2 b practical here..

You have got a point there but why people are angry is that they have been excluded from an important tri series!

Without the experienced players we could be in trouble you know!πŸ˜ƒ 

HaUnTeDfReAk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Leo

You have got a point there but why people are angry is that they have been excluded from an important tri series!

Without the experienced players we could be in trouble you know!πŸ˜ƒ 

c tht can happen..but every player has gt a sachin,saurav or rahul int him..tht needs 2 just cum out..tht can cum out if obly v give them a chance yaar..v have 2 show confidence in him..k guess if sachin was never picked up 4 the side then v would nt have gt a legend..so v have 2 give every1 a chance..its k if v even lose teh series coz the 1st thing v have 2 do is 2 find new talent..

coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Je_aime

I dont think it was very unfair. I think the tv channels and newspapers are just sensationalizing about Dhoni not wanting Ganguly. I think Dhoni just wanted a team which was very similar to 20-20 match - an young and ambitious team.

I really am okay with the young team. Let them play, winning or losing does not matter.

But if it is between Yuvi and Ganguly, then Ganguly should be picked anytime.

Btw, Why only single out Ganguly, even Dravid and VVS Lak are out. In what way are these two other players not good? If it is bet Ganguly and Dravid and VVS, then VVS should be given a chance.

yeah....u r right that they shud hav proper back ups ready for the big 3 wen they retire...
but u shud laso keep in mind that u r to play against Australia/SriLanka and not Zimbabwe/Bangladesh!! look at Pak, they hav this series against Zim n an ideal chance to test youngsters and get the right back ups and proper combinations...
This back up preparation thing is done against the weaker teams not big teams!
Edited by coolsonu - 16 years ago
*Fiza* thumbnail
I missed ganguly and sachin in this match! πŸ˜• ..