DOTW: Ganguly's exclusion correct???

Posted: 16 years ago
Heyy...so the ODI team was announced today and Ganguly and Dravid were excluded from the ODI team.

So what do you think...was it fair to exclude these 2 especially Ganguly who's been in such great form and played so brilliantly in the recent matches against Pakistan and Australia???

The news channels have been running amok asking this same question all through the dayπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

So what do you think?

I was surprised at his exclusion and felt it a bit unfair to leave him out since he's been batting brilliantly and is in vintage touch at the moment.

Also Dravid showed a lot of character in his 93 a Perth...yet he's out.

And I find it a but amusing that they dropped these 2 poor souls....yet they can't even dream of dropping Tendulkar🀣 (I would like to see them try😈)
This is the most unfortunate decision in recent times...First they made Dravid open the innings in the tests and practically killed him...and now they have removed the brilliantly in form Ganguly over a out of form, careless player like Yuvraj...This is not at all done...🀒

The choice wasn't between Tendul and Ganguly at all..Even then, Tendul deserves it more than Yuvraj....Yuvraj needs to be shown his place, before he destroys himself with his careless attitude!

Raksha

yeah just heard in the news they are ... 😭 they're making a wrong decision   πŸ˜‘
oh..actually i knw u ppl r gonna get very angry at me saying this but i think i agree wid the decision actually..2 b honest..i believe tht his fielding is nt gud..n its nt his fault..i mean its age u knw..n his batting is quite slow..k plz don't fight k..
No, he was 2nd best ODI runs scorer for India in 2007 after Sachin. Let youngsters perform better than him..then they can claim his place.
well.....the BCCI shouldn't have risked to mess wid the team specially when they r playing in a tri series against two great teams ...aus and lanka....they could have risked it if they were to play against a "less risky" team! πŸ€”
well thats ridiculous!!! πŸ˜• I was so surprised to know that!! πŸ˜•
They've dropped the batsman who was one of the most successful batsmen last year...he played so well against Pak!
wat r they doing! First they dropped Dravid n now Saurav!!
I hope we won't see Sachin being dropped for the next series! πŸ˜•
I dont think it was very unfair. I think the tv channels and newspapers are just sensationalizing about Dhoni not wanting Ganguly. I think Dhoni just wanted a team which was very similar to 20-20 match - an young and ambitious team.

I really am okay with the young team. Let them play, winning or losing does not matter.

I also like Ganguly but lets think abt what happens after all the senior players retire? Young players should practice from now on. I think it was good that they went for a young team.

But if it is between Yuvi and Ganguly, then Ganguly should be picked anytime.

Btw, Why only single out Ganguly, even Dravid and VVS Lak are out. In what way are these two other players not good? If it is bet Ganguly and Dravid and VVS, then VVS should be given a chance.Edited by Je_aime - 16 years ago
Je_aime i totally agree wid u..coz teh young only won teh 20-20 wc..so thjey must get chance..
Originally posted by SolidSnake

No, he was 2nd best ODI runs scorer for India in 2007 after Sachin. Let youngsters perform better than him..then they can claim his place.

Exactment!

Some of the youngsters they have selected haven't scored many runs in recent times. I don't have the stats but they reported it in the papers.

Ganguly's been fantastic with the bat while Dravid's been getting there too....
And Laxman's been pretty amazing too!

While I can't say the same about the younger lot.

Also....this ain't T20...the ODI series versus Australia in October proved that. T20 is different and you can get away with an inexperienced lot in it. In ODI's...especially ones taking place in Australia....you need someone who has played in these conditions before...and against such top notch teams too.

In T20 you can get a few hits....hang in there for a few overs and you have done your bit...since the total overs are only 20...
In ODIs...you need to hang in there for a whole longer time...which plenty of the younger lot haven't been able to do so far.

And Yuvraj Singh isn't in form....especially in Australia he's utterly woebegone and helpless....so why is he been given special treatment on a silver platter???

The younger lot should get an opportunity to play...I agree....but then...the selection should be on the basis of performance...and Ganguly's has been phenomenal.....he's been playing as though he was 26!

The Big 3 will ultimately retire....they will retire on their own....and they can be shown the door IF their performance wanes but Tendulkar and Ganguly have actually been batting like firebrands in recent times....as though they've been reborn....and removing an in form Ganguly just to give opportunities to some inexperienced and out of form youngsters(Yuvraj) on the pitches of Australia no less....is completely unfair IMO!

The youngsters haven't done anything in ODIs to impress while the way Ganguly scripted his come back afer that (damn!)Chappel fiasco really made me sit up and say 'kudos!'πŸ‘