Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Heyy...so the ODI team was announced today and Ganguly and Dravid were excluded from the ODI team.

So what do you think...was it fair to exclude these 2 especially Ganguly who's been in such great form and played so brilliantly in the recent matches against Pakistan and Australia???

The news channels have been running amok asking this same question all through the dayLOLLOL

So what do you think?

I was surprised at his exclusion and felt it a bit unfair to leave him out since he's been batting brilliantly and is in vintage touch at the moment.

Also Dravid showed a lot of character in his 93 a Perth...yet he's out.

And I find it a but amusing that they dropped these 2 poor souls....yet they can't even dream of dropping TendulkarROFL (I would like to see them tryEvil Smile)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Ganguly's exclusion correct???" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
This is the most unfortunate decision in recent times...First they made Dravid open the innings in the tests and practically killed him...and now they have removed the brilliantly in form Ganguly over a out of form, careless player like Yuvraj...This is not at all done...Dead

The choice wasn't between Tendul and Ganguly at all..Even then, Tendul deserves it more than Yuvraj....Yuvraj needs to be shown his place, before he destroys himself with his careless attitude!

Raksha

-Chicha-

IF-Dazzler

-Chicha-

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
yeah just heard in the news they are ... Cry they're making a wrong decision   Angry

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged
oh..actually i knw u ppl r gonna get very angry at me saying this but i think i agree wid the decision actually..2 b honest..i believe tht his fielding is nt gud..n its nt his fault..i mean its age u knw..n his batting is quite slow..k plz don't fight k..

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:48am | IP Logged
No, he was 2nd best ODI runs scorer for India in 2007 after Sachin. Let youngsters perform better than him..then they can claim his place.

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:23am | IP Logged
well.....the BCCI shouldn't have risked to mess wid the team specially when they r playing in a tri series against two great teams ...aus and lanka....they could have risked it if they were to play against a "less risky" team! Ermm

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged
well thats ridiculous!!! Confused I was so surprised to know that!! Confused
They've dropped the batsman who was one of the most successful batsmen last year...he played so well against Pak!
wat r they doing! First they dropped Dravid n now Saurav!!
I hope we won't see Sachin being dropped for the next series! Confused

InduD

Goldie

InduD

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
I dont think it was very unfair. I think the tv channels and newspapers are just sensationalizing about Dhoni not wanting Ganguly. I think Dhoni just wanted a team which was very similar to 20-20 match - an young and ambitious team.

I really am okay with the young team. Let them play, winning or losing does not matter.

I also like Ganguly but lets think abt what happens after all the senior players retire? Young players should practice from now on. I think it was good that they went for a young team.

But if it is between Yuvi and Ganguly, then Ganguly should be picked anytime.

Btw, Why only single out Ganguly, even Dravid and VVS Lak are out. In what way are these two other players not good? If it is bet Ganguly and Dravid and VVS, then VVS should be given a chance.

Edited by Je_aime - 21 January 2008 at 11:40pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top