Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
have had a part time job since i was 14...started out in mcdonalds...moved to abercrombie and fitch and then american eagle clothing stores....and finally have a job i like - at circuit city!!! I dun ever think i cud work at waiting tables...i dun have the patience...and i have given up workin in food places....so moved t oclothing stores...but hated that too...finally moved to an elctornics store...its fun and i like the stuff i sell!!!

it wqasn't that hard...i made sure work never came in between school stuff....plus i was blessed with jobs that gave flexible hours... and the money was good!!! never had to ask my mother or father for anything.... also got to meet many kewl pple...some of my best friends have been my coworkers!!!

Edited by luvya4ever - 21 January 2008 at 2:12pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Part-time jobs? (Page 2)" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shrutichopra

IF-Dazzler

shrutichopra

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Interesting topic!

In India the system of part time jobs doesn't exist and I hate that fact! It would be so cool to be independent!!! Ouch

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged
I have supported myself working part-time jobs in the past as a student. I worked in an office, then as a babysitter, then in a retail outlet, and a call center. Every job was challenging, but it gave me experience in the real world. It's not always about the money, it looks good on one's resume to your future employer that you have worked before. I have the freedom of giving my near and dear things paid for by my own money, and noone can say much as I bought it myself. I have my own credit card, but I use it responsibly and I pay it myself.

Furthermore, balancing work and school takes a lot of discipline and employers recognize that. Not that studies don't count, but experience counts for a lot. Nice topic.

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:57am | IP Logged

I was lucky, while I was in university, I got a job in the same thing I was studying, so I gained a lot of experience in my field before I had graduated.

I enjoyed it, in the sense that I put my academic endeavours into practise, this in turn assisted me with my studies - like a practical. It was fun meeting meeting people "in the business" and getting my foot in the door early.

I would definitely recommend getting a part time job, whether it is similiar to what you are studying, or not. Working from a young age teaches responsibility, maturity and of course, the earning capacity is a plus too! Wink 

ranjit-kumar

ranjit-kumar

Posted: 27 January 2008 at 5:18am | IP Logged
i had a part time job in my university life. Ya it was kinda hard to maintain the job time while you are a student. But i was bit relaxed cuz i joined as a web developer, so i was not bound to attend office daily, they gave me projects, and mostly i finished my works from my home.

xmanisha

IF-Rockerz

xmanisha

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 29 January 2008 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollycrazy

Hellooo Friends!
Hey Kansha .. i soo hate you for tht jaanlewa sig Embarrassed

It's time for our next Discussion!
hm .. let me see Big smile

How many of you have/have had a part-time job? Or have tried to get a part-time job?
i have one since one month EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

How was it coping with studies as well as a job? Hard? Easy? Stressful?
kabhi kabhi .. you think; why ?! Angry
but whenever i think about the money ..
i go to work khushi khushi LOL
and yea, i also made some friends there Wink

What kind of job would you like alongside your studies? Do you prefer waiting on tables? Or sitting at a till in a shop?
i'm working in a shop rigth now ..
with clothes, shoes and jewellry .. so thats sooo me ..
and the most important thing; i get discount LOL

Share your thoughts!

Love

College & Uni Dev Team

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 30 January 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Hehehe... manisha its copyrighted!!! but u can drool over it all u want LOL

also!! omg! i neeedddd a job yaarrrrr!! grr.. so annoying... ive applied in soo many places just last week.. and i havent heard back! Ouch

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
i kno tell me abt it Confused LOL thats life man..but think of it like this that ur gona be working all ur life anyway afterwards hehe..so dnt be too desperate to have a job now Tongue LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top