Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 8:10pm | IP Logged

We all know , here any adult can refuse medical treatment. It also include psychiatric treatment .

I remember somedays back I watched one program regarding psycho killers. There was a story of a teenager who killed his mother. His father was interviewd he told , that his son was mentally ill and was admitted to hospital. On his discharge from there he stoped taking his medications . as a result his symptoms returned and that was when he started threatening his mother.. His father contacted police and health care people. However because his son was 18- 19 years old so as an adult he could refuse treatment. So no one helped him and eventually he killed his mother.

My question is .. in such situation , What should be the best way to deal such people .

Problem is.. in  alot many cases , till these people take their medications etc they remain somewhat under control and can behave like anyother normal person. Now in such situation if they refuse further treatment , should their consent be valid just like any other person?

Edited by Morning_Dew - 19 January 2008 at 8:11pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Refusal to treatment" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
If they refuse medication respect their decision, chain them up and throw them in an asylum cell and maybe as an added bonus, give an electric shock or two everyday. Who knows maybe he'll miraculously change his mind about medication. Big smile

Edited by souro - 19 January 2008 at 9:44pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

If they refuse medication respect their decision, chain them up and throw them in an asylum cell and maybe as an added bonus, give an electric shock or two everyday. Who knows maybe he'll miraculously change his mind about medication. Big smile

ClapClap Bravo. Wah kya sidha saadha prescripton likha hain. Maan gaye Dr. souro. I particularly loved the oxymoron. The empathetic "respect their decision" and then in the same breath the antipathetic "chain them.....electric shock or two every day." Please give me your address I need to send some new patients your wayWink

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Well they are free to do as they please as long as they are in no danger to society. When they do fit the psychopath bill who needs medicals for stability - then they have a choice.

a) Get out of jail card - take your meds regularly and behave yourself
b) Lock Up - cos without meds you are a wild animal and wild animals do not live with people they be locked up.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 January 2008 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
*removed duplicate*

Edited by return_to_hades - 20 January 2008 at 1:25am

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:27am | IP Logged
We should let them have the right to refuse the treatment as long as they are adults

There might be a couple of physco killers who might kill someone.

But if you take the control out of the hands of adults of whether or not to take medication for whatever reason and giving that control to a federal authority you are losing your basic right, that loss of a basic right is far more a danger than a couple of physioctic killers

souro

souro

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

LOLLOLLOL loved that emoticon u used in the endLOL  kitney cool ho tum souroLOL

Woh toh hum hai...Embarrassed

I still think they should be jailed if they're suffering from a condition which if not controlled can prove harmful for others.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top