Book Talk

Ur biggest disappointment in 2007

cool_pooja thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Im sure all us readers, bookworms read alot of books in 2007.. So which book greatly dissapointed u in 2007? Maybe bec it was a very hyped book or the book bulb seemed very intrested or had a very intresting storyline yet it failed to impress u or managed to bored u while reading..

Do share ur thoughts

Pooja

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Hope u are refering to the books which I read in 2007 and not which got released in 2007...

Fathers and Sons-By Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev---Its is supposed to be one of the greatest works of literature but yet it failed to impress me..I got really bored (thats saying a lot coz usually, I am a patient reader and dun mind the size of a Book...this is interesting for Fathers and Sons is only abt 350 pgs long...)
The theme was the conflict of ideas of the Russian aristocratic Class(Father) and the innovative, arrogant, atheist younger Gen(Sons) and all...

Had huge expectations from it but sumhow I failed to see the beauty in it for which it is so famed..
Might be my mistake that I failed to... 😳
jdsean thumbnail
Honestly the only book I could think of was Pride and Prejudice. The hype for this book is never ending, but I just couldn't get into what the hype was about. I didn't like Mr. Darcy either.
cool_pooja thumbnail
@lakshmi: Yes im referring to the bks u read in 2007! 😳

Well i have to agree with jdsean.. Pride and Prejudice failed to get me intrested.. Even through all my friends had highly recommended id.. I did not find it intresting enough! 😳

Another one was of William shakespeare.. I dont remember the name but somehow i couldnt dissolve the story! 😳
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^^wow of Shakespeare....If u dun remember the name...can u just tell whats the story abt...I just love Shakespeare 😊
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

^^^wow of Shakespeare....If u dun remember the name...can u just tell whats the story abt...I just love Shakespeare 😊

Well i usually love shakespeare (I loved Winter's Tale and Macbeth paticularly) however dis paticular one dissapointed me.. Its the one where dis girl disguises herself as man and den falls in love etc.. It also has the poem "Under the Greenwood Tree"😳

Khobsurat_11 thumbnail
i would say Pride and Prejudice, that was the book. I was looking forward to but i didnt like it as much as i think i would do 😳
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Omg so many ppl have been disappointed by P.P...Inspite of it beign sucha Acclaimed Classic..N I just love it so Its a Shock for me!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: cool_pooja

Well i usually love shakespeare (I loved Winter's Tale and Macbeth paticularly) however dis paticular one dissapointed me.. Its the one where dis girl disguises herself as man and den falls in love etc.. It also has the poem "Under the Greenwood Tree"😳

Oh I see..are u referring to 'As U like It'?
have u tried Midsummer Night's Dream???😊 Its a Hilarious One...Shakespeare is an unparalleled Great...Greatest Play Writer ever without doubt😳 (though I myself court Novels better😳)
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

Omg so many ppl have been disappointed by P.P...Inspite of it beign sucha Acclaimed Classic..N I just love it so Its a Shock for me!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

Yup.. I just even realized dat and im sorry to say but im one of those ppl who has been dissapointed by id!😳

Oh I see..are u referring to 'As U like It'?

Yup thats the one.. I cudnt rememer the name but it is the one.. It really failed to impress me!😳

have u tried Midsummer Night's Dream???😊 Its a Hilarious One...Shakespeare is an unparalleled Great...Greatest Play Writer ever without doubt😳 (though I myself court Novels better😳)

What is id abt?😳

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^^Midsummer Nights Dream is a outrageously and stupidly comical classic..Its just goddamn hilarious...Dun make me explain it the story is damn stupid..Its just a comedy of Errors!! πŸ˜‰