Debate Mansion

The greatest king in Indian history? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

Originally posted by raksha.l

Originally posted by souro

Ram was no way near as a statesman or diplomat in comparison to Shri Krishna. Secondly, I don't think it's a great idea to ask someone to give proof of her purity by jumping in the fire just because your subjects asked for it.Shocked And that too after she was kidnapped and kept in confinement for so many days.Dead He could have handled it better, IMO.

Souro, trust me I had similar views until very recently and even today I keep debating with myself on this...But the bottom line is, we do have to consider the times and the circumstances when things happened..You CANNOT use a common yardstick to judge everything...Rightoo???Rama was a king during Threta yuga where the things were done in a different manner... .There are so many Dharma sookshmas that are hidden in all these things, which could be understood by a detailed study and analysis...Its certainly not an arm chair debate IMO...Anyways, that's just my point...

sorry for the detour, According to Mr Karunanidhi Sita was Ram's sister(I would not dare say that, but just for the sake of the debate) do all these equations change in that situationWinkLOL

Karunanidhi should come up with Karunayan and read it to himself till his death..He can include all these things that he so painstakingly discovered, in there...Wacko

I personally have no opinion on the mindless things that he comes up with...Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The greatest king in Indian history? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:42am | IP Logged
What about Ravana....!!!Sometime i feel he is a gr8 person Smile Wink

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Originally posted by souro

Ram was no way near as a statesman or diplomat in comparison to Shri Krishna. Secondly, I don't think it's a great idea to ask someone to give proof of her purity by jumping in the fire just because your subjects asked for it.Shocked And that too after she was kidnapped and kept in confinement for so many days.Dead He could have handled it better, IMO.

Souro, trust me I had similar views until very recently and even today I keep debating with myself on this...But the bottom line is, we do have to consider the times and the circumstances when things happened..You CANNOT use a common yardstick to judge everything...Rightoo???Rama was a king during Threta yuga where the things were done in a different manner... .There are so many Dharma sookshmas that are hidden in all these things, which could be understood by a detailed study and analysis...Its certainly not an arm chair debate IMO...Anyways, that's just my point...

sorry for the detour, According to Mr Karunanidhi Sita was Ram's sister(I would not dare say that, but just for the sake of the debate) do all these equations change in that situationWinkLOL

All Indians are Brothers and Sisters as per the words we were repeated in School assemblies every day morning and in the front pages of language books (in my school days, I don't know  now it is there).

Edited by nitasuni - 20 January 2008 at 1:40am

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

The greatest king in Indian history?

focus yaar focusWinkLOL 

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:04am | IP Logged

Yes, he was. A great scholer, brave king, Emperor of three world, said to be handsome  even if with ten heads and a great warrior. But he opposed the so called Devas who lived a lazy life always drinking  "somarasam" = an intoxicating liqour) and enjoying the dances of apsaras. His main drawbacks are his interest in all beautifull women  and kidnapping of  Sita who was another man's wife.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:50am | IP Logged

The greatest king in Indian history?--If ramayan part of indian history...then Ravanan also part of indian historyEmbarrassedSmile

focus yaar focusWinkLOL 

A child looks in his dark closet full of monsters and Y is he afraid? the light is off and thus unknown. A man jumps out of a plane for his first time and he is afraid why?After knowing something..we will change our mind n views....Same like Ravana's case for me, as nita said above...he having lot of Good qualities...Smileabout seeta's matter...he treated her very gently that period, its true that he kidnaped another persons wife...but what about lord Ram leave seeta , cos of doubt?!Embarrassed

Edited by Believe - 20 January 2008 at 2:22am

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:30am | IP Logged

The greatest king in Indian history?--If ramayan part of indian history...then Ravanan also part of indian historyEmbarrassedSmile

focus yaar focusWinkLOL 

A child looks in his dark closet full of monsters and Y is he afraid? the light is off and thus unknown. A man jumps out of a plane for his first time and he is afraid why?After knowing something..we will change our mind n views....Same like Ravana's case for me, as nita said above...he having lot of Good qualities...Smileabout seeta's matter...he treated her very gently that period, its true that he kidnaped another persons wife...but what about lord Ram leave seeta , cos of doubt?!Embarrassed

I can not agree with Sriram ( you know man has all rghts and people sang songs praising him).  But abducting another persons wife is cruel and unethical.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 January 2008 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashy

who is the greatest king in Indian history and why?

Chandragupta Maurya

Ashoka

Samudragupta Gupta

Harshavardhana

Chattrapathi Shivaji

Maharana Pratap

Prithviraj Chauhan

sorry if i have left someone out... you can still add them on to continue

Where are the South Indian KingsTongue?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top