These girls have no money sense

Posted: 16 years ago
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that the girls are financing Dev to lavish Kajri with gifts when their father needs medical care?! And for what purpose? To save their brainless traitor of a brother? Yuv has all the money he'll ever need without even lifting a finger for it. If he wants to sign it away to Kaj, that's his decision. He's not a baby or a child. He's an adult with an education and he can make decisions for himself. Why do the girls feel so obligated to bail him out after all the awful things he did? They could be using all this money and energy to save Suryakant instead.

I also think it's ridiculous that they think they're going to come up with so much money by selling food.  They have so many expensive material possessions they can sell and they act as though they are so poor and helpless. I just feel like they have absolutely no sense of priority here. Their top priority should be saving Surya...not avenging Karan, punishing Kajri, or bailing out Yuvraj.
Absolutely , rainabow . Look at the fancy cars Dev drives ....those men wearing rich tuxedos and surrounding him, his own clothes , those hired hotels ....those lavish meals he eats with kajri . Any idea how much all this costs ? And on one hand they show the gals living on literally no source of income . Who is giving these gals so much money to finance Dev? For Surya's treatment there is no money and all help ....is refused . spinal cord operations need immediate attention as theyspinal injuries affect the brain. Does anyone...take such a decision regarding their father's life whom they profess to love so much ? I fail to understand why they have not shown Savitri taking a strong stand against this silly egoistic attitude of her daughter ....at least she is mature and knows what is at stake here ? Arre , even people with stable jobs , modest properties and business find it difficult to raise 50 lacs even by selling themselves ! And these decisions ? I think SAvitri shud be shown telling her daughters that the fiirst lesson of life is beggars cant be choosers ....especially where human life is concerned . When a human life is at stake , it is simply not your [ the daughters] decision to make . As far as Yuvraj goes ...let him suffer . We r feeding his mom....thats enough...he has not bothered to give a rupee and plonked his mom 's kharcha on us too ! At least show Baa or Halki saying these dialogues yaar !
😆 😆 Yeah u are totally right!..
True and it's one of those things that many of us on this forum scratch our heads about. We'll allow some suspension of disbelief, but sometimes it's very hard.

I do agree--priorities. Sit down and get it down on a piece of paper, like Lakshmi's signature on the divorce papers. 😈    Father's life and quality of life come first.

But this Kajri matter has and is at a critical point--she's thisss close to getting it all. If they allow it, all their family's wealth/possessions/history/ business will be gone...and to the greedy little witch that is Kajri. I do understand this and I think they are doing the right thing. 😲 😕 (wha...?). Here's why: the way I look at it, yes, they're blowing a lot of money on Dev, but just how much money is it? If it is not a significant amount vs. 50lakhs needed, the make or break, then they should continue. And also the sooner Kajri gets exposed, the sooner the assets revert back to the family, making it easier to pay for the surgery.

It's a complicated decision no doubt. But sometimes the most cold decision has very solid rationale behind it.

Originally posted by gp00

I do agree--priorities. Sit down and get it down on a piece of paper, like Lakshmi's signature on the divorce papers. 😈    Father's life and quality of life come first.

thats funnyyy😆

But gpoo...even if you regard this as an investment to get their property back from the witch , do you sincerely feel that these gals will take the property in their charge or hand it over to their oaf of a brother and return to their papads basking in their behen ka pyaar ? Remember lax's dialogue when the famous blatant usurping of the property by Yuv took place ? Ek baar pooch ke dekha hota ....we wud have given you the property on a platter !Why the need for these fake signs ![ How true , how true ! They r indeed prfectly capable of this .]
So dont u feel that they may do this again , nod in a saintly manner that hamare liye hamara papad ka business hi sufficient hai and do yet another goof up ? What say ?
Interesting points raised by all of you, as usual 😊

I think it depends on the reason why they are doing this. If it's just to save Yuvraj, then it's a stupid thing to do. However, what I would like to see happen is that after Kaj is exposed, Yuv shows his gratitude by cutting his sisters in, and they all contribute to Surya's treatment. He was about to give them the money, but Kaj stopped him, so with her out of the way it might be possible that he redeems himself by getting his father back to normal. That just sounds too easy though so I don't know 😕 Although it would definitely set up Meneka to turn evil again: If Yuv is the one to save Surya, she might try and give him full credit and disregard the girls' efforts.

It would be terrible for the girls to lose all those things, but it would be worse to lose Surya. All the property and wealth and even the business are things that can be replaced, but not one's father.

It is a small sum compared to the 50 lakhs they need, but it's a lot more than what they have now. I agree with Koolsadhu: beggars can't be choosers! Most people have to make significant sacrifices to give their loved ones the medical treatment they need...and even then they sometimes don't have enough. They should be no exception!
I think we should enjoy the serial...not take it soo seriously...becuz wee all know sab serials main asa hi hota hai!!! so leave it 😉
Friends_rock - I and probably most oft he forum agree with you-- this is just a show. But, given the theme of this show in particular, we all have a lot of views and opinions.

This is not so much an exercise in taking things seriously. It's examining our own opinions on topics that are relevant to us and sharing them with others to look at things in other ways. So really, I look at it as if we all were sitting together once in a while, sipping a drink, and talking about the things we saw and our opinions: how people and family should treat each other; the roles of women in India and other similar societies, wealth and poverty, love, etc. Again, these are things we enjoy talking about and stretching out scenarios (like above).

In some ways, it is no different than watching a play, movie, reading a magazine article or book. And I think we enjoy the serial more because we do talk about it.
Also, keep in mind that TV is shaping opinions and expectations in many ways. No doubt. So, as a woman, you alway want a realistic (for India) portrayal of the modern woman in India who works, goes out, balances her checkbooks, has different relationships, etc.

I PRAY THE GIRLS AND SURYAKANT DON'T GIVE UP STAKE TO YUVRAJ AGAIN. He really is an idiot. Give everyone fair share, and have one or two work in the company.